2025 NHL Draft Thread

Castle8130

May 9, 2017
Demidov and Artamonov were both great picks. Demidov is one of their best players. Thye have dumb coaches and politics. I would've preferred both Artamonov and Badinka to Boisvert

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
Meanwhile Demidov plays like 3 minutes a night because Rotenburg is dumb. You really can't just look at stats.
Yeah they're punishing him cause he'll be leaving for Montreal at the end of the season.

Despite the fact that playing him would win them more games, they don't want to see him succeed. It's ridiculous.

ColbyChaos

I am a made up country
Sep 27, 2017
Will County
Montreal , Blues , Pen's , Caps , Ottawa , Sabres ,Philly all are kinda unpredictable . I feel like 6th might be where we pick ?
I don’t see any of those teams being worse than us tbh.

Montreal is already further along with Suzuki and company.

Blues pens and caps are still in no man’s land already have core players they’re trying to squeeze production out of.

Sabres and Sens have more young pieces already and should be better than us already

Philly is the only exception since they may tear down

clydesdale line

Connor BeJesus
Jan 10, 2012
If KD & Co. are looking for speed this guy might be under consideration ( late 1st or 2nd)

I like Schmidt alot but he is very, very small (5'7-5'8). Hawks pipeline is pretty undersized as it is at the forward position. But at the same time we need all the skill we can get. I'll be interested to see where he goes. I wouldn't be surprised if he fell out of the 1st round and the Hawks can take a swing with one of their 2nds. I don't think I'd pick him with the Toronto pick personally.

Reactions: dreadpirateroberts

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
I like Schmidt alot but he is very, very small (5'7-5'8). Hawks pipeline is pretty undersized as it is at the forward position. But at the same time we need all the skill we can get. I'll be interested to see where he goes. I wouldn't be surprised if he fell out of the 1st round and the Hawks can take a swing with one of their 2nds. I don't think I'd pick him with the Toronto pick personally.
Ideally we exclusively draft big forwards this draft lol.

At the very least we know they'll be taking a goalie at some point. Doneghey has already confirmed that.

Reactions: dreadpirateroberts

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018

Didnt see this posted but this is huge news. He wants to get away from Russia as fast as possible although there's rumors he's the complete opposite of Demidov as far as attitude so who knows.
Very interesting.

Haven't watched him yet, but a player willing to jump out of Russia like that is a positive.

Better competition in the USHL compared to the MHL, and gives the drafting team some more control over his development.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad