Trades and UFA’s - Trade Deadline Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
Well I think I heard the asking price was a 2nd for Tanev (which we don't have). Not sure what the ask would be for Larsson. We would likely be trading multiple picks again and I would think some one like Robertson would end up going in a deal

A couple of thirds, or a third and a B level prospect is about a 2nd. Larsson would probably be a first... maybe more.

Reactions: acrobaticgoalie

Knies iT

Mar 6, 2015
Only trade Robertson if a team covets him as an add-on in a bigger deal for the right top 4 D.

Otherwise, ride out his potential and see what he becomes. Zero point using him in a lateral move or selling him for futures as his value is limited right now and we've invested a ton of time into his development. I still believe he'll be a Vatrano type down the line.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
Only trade Robertson if a team covets him as an add-on in a bigger deal for the right top 4 D.

Otherwise, ride out his potential and see what he becomes. Zero point using him in a lateral move or selling him for futures as his value is limited right now and we've invested a ton of time into his development. I still believe he'll be a Vatrano type down the line.

He could one day be a Trevor Moore type.

Evilhomer

Oct 10, 2019
The Leafs will acquire at least two more defensemen this season. I would be shocked if the first round pick isn't traded for one of those defensemen. This deadline won't be different than any other one - average defensemen will garner first round picks from desperate buyers. Guess who will be a desperate buyer?

arso40

Jun 7, 2022
Well I think I heard the asking price was a 2nd for Tanev (which we don't have). Not sure what the ask would be for Larsson. We would likely be trading multiple picks again and I would think some one like Robertson would end up going in a deal
I’d do it larsson still has term I would trade Brodie to recoup some asset to trade and have the cap space

Reactions: LeafSteel

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
Pretty much Tanev for magic beans but I wouldn’t move a 1st for him

If Tanev is the guy they have there eye on I'd be surprised if the first doesn't move in that deal
I would think it's with 50% retention so that automatically Jack's up the price

I doubt we want to move our better prospects and we don't have a 2nd, I don't think Calgary is going to accept a ton of low value pieces for him either
He's going to have a decent market imo

Martin Skoula

Oct 18, 2017
Lowry would be nice, but you can’t afford a good supporting cast when the stars take all the cap………

Yeah the reason we don’t have a guy who makes 3.5 mil and plays 15 minutes a night on a contending team on our fourth line is because of those stupid overpaid assholes on our team. If it wasn’t for them, we could have a Wilson-Lowry-Tkachuk fourth line.

Reactions: 4thline and arso40

jaric1862

Jan 14, 2014
They need to make more under the radar trades this trade deadline. AThey should be keeping that first and using their 3rd-7th round picks to try and pick off guys they think are undervalued.

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
They need to make more under the radar trades this trade deadline. AThey should be keeping that first and using their 3rd-7th round picks to try and pick off guys they think are undervalued.

Easier said than done
There's a large degree of luck involved in that

Dragao6

Dec 25, 2013
Ontario, Canada
If Tanev is the guy they have there eye on I'd be surprised if the first doesn't move in that deal
I would think it's with 50% retention so that automatically Jack's up the price

I doubt we want to move our better prospects and we don't have a 2nd, I don't think Calgary is going to accept a ton of low value pieces for him either
He's going to have a decent market imo
Maybe if Calgary’s goalie is also involved?

That would be a splash

Jacquestrapless

Jun 5, 2011
Mississauga
Looking a little into the summer, I wonder about Bertuzzi's contract. If he isn't signed, that's 5.5M that could go towards a D-Man. Combined with Brodie's departure, that's 10.5M alone B.T could work with. However, where would Bertuzzi's replacement come from?

Well, with Nylander potentially signing, there would be a cap crunch coming, so my first thought would be that Cowan gets a shot. Also, Robertson if he's not traded.

I'm also keeping an eye on Bellows (and potentially Comtois).

The UFA forward market is also interesting in that some players will likely take a 1 year show me contract to play a top-six role on the Leafs.

Names like:
Cole Smith
Anthony Mantha
Anthony Beauvillier
Anthony Duclair
Dominik Kubalik
Tanner Pearson
Connor Brown

I think if Domi is offered a Nick Paul contract, he'd take it as well.

Reactions: Kiwi and arso40

TheMadHatTrick

Nov 2, 2008
Any interest in Michael McLeod this offseason as a UFA? He's only 26, a beast on the draw, is solid defensively, skates like the wind, and is on tap to produce his best offensive season. Too bad we're locked in with Kampf on the 4th line and he has a NTC.

Reactions: LeafSteel

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
Looking a little into the summer, I wonder about Bertuzzi's contract. If he isn't signed, that's 5.5M that could go towards a D-Man. Combined with Brodie's departure, that's 10.5M alone B.T could work with. However, where would Bertuzzi's replacement come from?

Well, with Nylander potentially signing, there would be a cap crunch coming, so my first thought would be that Cowan gets a shot. Also, Robertson if he's not traded.

I'm also keeping an eye on Bellows (and potentially Comtois).

The UFA forward market is also interesting in that some players will likely take a 1 year show me contract to play a top-six role on the Leafs.

Names like:
Cole Smith
Anthony Mantha
Anthony Beauvillier
Anthony Duclair
Dominik Kubalik
Tanner Pearson
Connor Brown

I think if Domi is offered a Nick Paul contract, he'd take it as well.

You could probably get Kuzmenko cheap as well, he's making 5.5M and would score at a top 6 rate
Defense is a bit suspect though

This showed up on my Twitter timeline again for some reason. Oh Burkie, what would we do without you? Maybe get a future five-time Norris trophy finalist.

**** sakes
Burkie WTF man
Any interest in Michael McLeod this offseason as a UFA? He's only 26, a beast on the draw, is solid defensively, skates like the wind, and is on tap to produce his best offensive season. Too bad we're locked in with Kampf on the 4th line and he has a NTC.

Depends on how much he makes. If he would take Domi money it might work but he needs to kick in 30-40 points 5v5 to help out the top 6 imo

I'm all for getting rid of Kampf and Reeves and using that money to remake the bottom 6 if possible

Reactions: TheMadHatTrick

TheMadHatTrick

Nov 2, 2008
You could probably get Kuzmenko cheap as well, he's making 5.5M and would score at a top 6 rate
Defense is a bit suspect though

**** sakes
Burkie WTF man

Depends on how much he makes. If he would take Domi money it might work but he needs to kick in 30-40 points 5v5 to help out the top 6 imo

I'm all for getting rid of Kampf and Reeves and using that money to remake the bottom 6 if possible
Yeah I was picturing him in the Domi role for between 2-3M max (no pun intended). I do like Domi though and want him back in some capacity, but the price would have to be right.

Reactions: Kiwi

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
Yeah I was picturing him in the Domi role for between 2-3M max (no pun intended). I do like Domi though and want him back in some capacity, but the price would have to be right.

You may be able to carry a Domi if the two guys beside him are good defensively like McLeod and Jarnkrok

That would probably be a good 2 way line, then we would have some leeway with the 4th line and how it's built and used

Reactions: TheMadHatTrick

as Pure as Evil

Sep 18, 2011
Hell, Alberta
I wonder if we see some Carter and richards like shenanigans I've kept almost getting a twitch that the reason he's in a rush to extend him he might be sold to the biggest package but as a signed commodity if I'm not mistaken most of the players the flyers got back just signed extentions also Simmons and Co.

It's a pretty hefty group of teams20+ to be light on it and a limited no trade the package could be out of the world .

But ever since it's been stated it's something they want done by the all star game tells me they might be fishing him if his number is higher then they want or can fathomly eat.

Jt better sign some 3.5 x 5 type deal to ride out his career or something nicer or punt em if he wants.north of 4

arso40

Jun 7, 2022
You may be able to carry a Domi if the two guys beside him are good defensively like McLeod and Jarnkrok

That would probably be a good 2 way line, then we would have some leeway with the 4th line and how it's built and used
Do you keep domi to play on the wing though? I’m not soo sure robertson is what made that line look as good as it does when it does jarnkrok stabilizes the line and provides scoring and domi is the playmaker but a playmaker that doesn’t shoot needs a shooter I’m conflicted

Reactions: Kiwi
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad