Nov 24, 2016
Leafs - Preds
Jerem Lauzon & Yakov Trenin (50% Ret)
for
Bobby McMann and 3 x 3rd (24-26)

Leafs - Flames
Chris Tanev @ 50% & AJ Greer
for
Nick Robertson, Connor Timmins & 4th (Maybe add a prospect/late pick)

Playoff Lineup

Knies - - Matthews - - Marner
Bertuzzi - Tavares - Nylander
Trenin - - Domi - - Jarnkrok
Gregor - - Kampf - - Greer

Rielly - - - Brodie
McCabe - Tanev
Benoit - Lauzon
Giordano

Woll
Jones

• Haha
Reactions: arso40

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
I actually valued Trevor Moore a fair bit but understood that bolstering the situation in net was much more of a team need at the time. I also don't know if Robertson's value in trade is enough to return an established top four blueliner.

I hated the Moore trade when we did it

Even though he showed talent our coaches never gave him an opportunity to show what he was capable of, he's now on the LA top line and we traded him and a decent pick for a 1B goaltender and Clifford

That's a poor asset evaluation by the front office

He isn't, there's at least one or two pluses worth more than him in that deal

arso40

Jun 7, 2022
Leafs - Preds
for

Leafs - Flames
for

Playoff Lineup

Rielly - - - Brodie
McCabe - Tanev
Benoit - Lauzon
Giordano

Woll
Jones
Gross why are we trading mcmann and I’m no trading that for a summer of tanev and last but not least where’s lily cause I know I see Brodie

Reactions: HolyCrap

Dreakmur

Mar 25, 2008
Orillia, Ontario
Gross why are we trading mcmann and I’m no trading that for a summer of tanev and last but not least where’s lily cause I know I see Brodie

Your problem with that proposal is losing Bobby McMann?

McMann has zero value in a trade. He’s a 27 year old rookie 4th liner who’s a pending UFA.

arso40

Jun 7, 2022
Your problem with that proposal is losing Bobby McMann?

McMann has zero value in a trade. He’s a 27 year old rookie 4th liner who’s a pending UFA.
With the 3 3rds for sure I have a problem with it all doesn’t strike me as the right moves especially with the future rd man on the bench for a guy he plays more minutes than now is just stupid

jiggy35

Jun 26, 2012
Leafs - Preds
for

Leafs - Flames
for

Playoff Lineup

Rielly - - - Brodie
McCabe - Tanev
Benoit - Lauzon
Giordano

Woll
Jones
What happened to Liljegren… lauzon not needed nor giving up 3 straight 3rds.

Run the d:
Rielly - Tanev
Brodie - Liljegren
Benoit/Gio - McCabe

arso40

Jun 7, 2022
What happened to Liljegren… lauzon not needed nor giving up 3 straight 3rds.

Run the d:
Rielly - Tanev
Brodie - Liljegren
Benoit/Gio - McCabe
I rather this group for sure we just have a weird mix of d but I would switch mccabe with Brodie for sure

horner

May 22, 2007
Elliott Friedman said that Treliving send out lo ball offers 6th rd pk for

Comrie he is in the minors
Forsberg he sucks
Allen maybe a 5th
Vladar he sucks maybe a 5th

To me the aren't far of there value

arso40

Jun 7, 2022
Im not sure what the price would be or if we have enough assets to get them but my targets would be Tanev and Larsson. Both guys that can shut ya down, block shots and move the puck. Tanev was an excellent partner for Rielly at the worlds.

Rielly Tanev
McCabe Larsson
Benoit Liljegren

I see that as a pretty good top 4 for playoffs
Very good top 6 now how do you make it happen

arso40

Jun 7, 2022
Lowry would be nice, but you can’t afford a good supporting cast when the stars take all the cap………
Also couldn’t afford him cause their not trading their captain so find a realistic target has nothing to do with cap

Americanadian

Sep 11, 2016
Michigan
Leafs - Preds
for

Leafs - Flames
for

Playoff Lineup

Rielly - - - Brodie
McCabe - Tanev
Benoit - Lauzon
Giordano

Woll
Jones
You're targeting the wrong duo from Nashville. Fabbro+Smith is the far better play. I also highly doubt Calgary touches that for Tanev.

ToneDog

56 years and counting. #FireTheShanaClan!
Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON
Why wouldn’t they that’s too much
Zadorov got a 3rd + 5th with no retention. Tanev > Zadorov. Timmins is a 7th dman at best and Robertson might get you a 4th at best. You are not getting Tanev with retention for that package of MEH.

TMLAM34

Oct 15, 2020
Fabbro + Trenin would be a nice combo from Nashville.

Rielly - Fabbro
Brodie - Liljegren
Benoit - McCabe

Not spectacular or anything close to it, but a decent blueline that would cost very minimal assets.

Trenin - Domi - Jarnkrok, could be a real pain in the ass to play against. Trenin is underrated defensively and is a hitting machine who isn’t afraid to stand up for a teammate.

I would be willing to include Robertson in this type of deal as long as we’re confident we can re-sign Trenin.

Then in the off-season I would look at signing one of the top UFA defencemen to replace Brodie such as Hanifin.

Rielly - Fabbro
Hanifin - Liljegren
Benoit - McCabe

Now you’re looking pretty good on the blueline IMO.

Last edited:
Reactions: SHANNYPLAN

Americanadian

Sep 11, 2016
Michigan
Why wouldn’t they that’s too much
I view Timmins as next to no value. He can't crack the lineup over Benoit despite handedness and Benoit cleared waivers this year. Timmins is also 325k more expensive which I don't think matters but apparently it does when it comes to Jones making 100k over league minimum.

Robertson has value but it's hard to quantify. If he was on an opposing team I wouldn't offer more than a 3rd for him right now.

From another teams point of view I would look at this proposal as a 3rd and 4th for Tanev. Calgary probably holds out for the Manson/Savard packages.

arso40

Jun 7, 2022
Zadorov got a 3rd + 5th with no retention. Tanev > Zadorov. Timmins is a 7th dman at best and Robertson might get you a 4th at best. You are not getting Tanev with retention for that package of MEH.
No way Robertson gets you a 4th timmins still has pp1 potential I don’t know man

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008

Forsberg he sucks
Allen maybe a 5th

Where did he say this? Also, if he did say the Leafs are trying to find another backup/3rd stringer, it's likely Samsonov is done. The Leafs really don't need another AHL goaltender if he isn't done. Woll will be back, and they have Hidelby, Petruzelli, Peksa and 2 other goaltenders.

Last edited:
Reactions: LeafSteel

-DeMo-

Nov 12, 2006
Huntsville Ontario

Calgary played Zadorov the same minutes as Tanev so not sure Calgary believes that Tanev > Zadorov

tony135420

Jul 30, 2007

Forsberg he sucks
Allen maybe a 5th

Also, as much as Sammy has been bad, Jones and Woll have been slightly above average. So, IMO, recent outrage at the goalie situation has been overblown a bit. Depth is needed for sure, but I would be happier if Tre spent any cap/assets we have on a real 3rd line C (less of a priority) and much needed top 4 RHD (bigger priority).

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
Also, as much as Sammy has been bad, Jones and Woll have been slightly above average. So, IMO, recent outrage at the goalie situation has been overblown a bit. Depth is needed for sure, but I would be happier if Tre spent any cap/assets we have on a real 3rd line C (less of a priority) and much needed top 4 RHD (bigger priority).

I don't think they are really searching for a big upgrade, just a stop gap. I don't think they would spend any sort of valuable asset for this. Woll is the #1 at this time. Jones has been good but he has a history of not being good, and Samsonov is probably finished for the year. So I think finding a capable 3rd stringer would be a safe smart play if they don't want to play Hildeby or Petruzelli in the NHL quite yet.

Last edited:

horner

May 22, 2007
Where did he say this? Also, if he did say the Leafs are trying to find another backup/3rd stringer, it's likely Samsonov is done. The Leafs really don't need another AHL goaltender if he isn't done. Woll will be back, and they have Hidelby, Petruzelli, Peksa and 2 other goaltenders.
32 thoughts I think.

Reactions: SprDaVE

horner

May 22, 2007
I don't think they are really searching for a big upgrade, just a stop gap. Woll is the #1 at this time. Jones has been good but he has a history of not being good, and Samsonov is probably finished for the year. So I think finding a capable 3rd stringer would be a safe smart play if they don't want to play Hildeby or Petruzelli in the NHL quite yet.
They are just getting a read on the market .
Treliving is doing his due diligence.
Man it is to bad Sammy got all messed up because if we had Sammy and Jones playing well .
When Woll returned we could get a really good pick for Jones.
O well that didn't work out that way.

Reactions: Buds17

acrobaticgoalie

Jun 18, 2014
Very good top 6 now how do you make it happen
Well I think I heard the asking price was a 2nd for Tanev (which we don't have). Not sure what the ask would be for Larsson. We would likely be trading multiple picks again and I would think some one like Robertson would end up going in a deal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad