Trades and UFA’s - Trade Deadline Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Avilaj07

Feb 6, 2016
Larsson or Tanev would be our target. Ideally we go after Larsson if Seattle keeps slipping in the standings. Obviously he will cost more due to having another year in his contract but he would really solidify that top pairing with Rielly.

To Toronto-
Larsson
Borgen

To Seattle-
Liljegren
Abruzzese
Kokkonen
1st Round Pick

Rielly-Larsson
McCabe-Brodie
Lagersson-Borgen

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
Can't get those on Amazon.

Any suggestions?

Hanafin? Ideally we'd get somebody with some term but those guys are bloody hard to identify

You wouldn't need good quality advanced stats on everybody in the league then work from there imo

arso40

Jun 7, 2022
Our top 6 is elite doesn't need to be touched
I'm surprisingly happy with the 3rd line
Our 4th line needs an upgrade @ RW

Our clear need is a top pairing defenceman and that won't be easy to trade for.

Reilly *****
McCabe Liljegren
Gio/Benoit/Lagesson Brodie

Adam Larsson checks alot of boxes
Exactly he’s the type of dman we need

arso40

Jun 7, 2022
Larsson or Tanev would be our target. Ideally we go after Larsson if Seattle keeps slipping in the standings. Obviously he will cost more due to having another year in his contract but he would really solidify that top pairing with Rielly.

To Toronto-
Larsson
Borgen

To Seattle-
Liljegren
Abruzzese
Kokkonen
1st Round Pick

Rielly-Larsson
McCabe-Brodie
Lagersson-Borgen
We should only target larsson on this team and we shouldn’t be giving them lily and kokkonen we should be trading from our forward prospect group where there’s a surplus as opposed to a organizational weakness

Avilaj07

Feb 6, 2016
We should only target larsson on this team and we shouldn’t be giving them lily and kokkonen we should be trading from our forward prospect group where there’s a surplus as opposed to a organizational weakness
I would agree with you completely but you're also taking 2 defensemen that need to be replaced on Seattle. Not to mention, Seattle's best prospects are forwards and have some younger forwards already in their lineup.

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
Curious if you guys would move Knies in a deal for a true #1 dman. Those guys don't become available often so I would think you'd have to consider it.

Personally I wouldn't. I'd move any other prospect in the system before him though and any of the Leafs future 1sts.

He's a guy whose value will continue to spike the more he becomes proven. To trade him now is to sell low on him imo

arso40

Jun 7, 2022
I would agree with you completely but you're also taking 2 defensemen that need to be replaced on Seattle. Not to mention, Seattle's best prospects are forwards and have some younger forwards already in their lineup.
No my friend I’m saying we should only target larsson why trade lily for borgen no thank you on that front also kokkonen is one of the last dman we really have in the pipeline

Reactions: ErnieLeafs

TheMadHatTrick

Nov 2, 2008
Personally I wouldn't. I'd move any other prospect in the system before him though and any of the Leafs future 1sts.

He's a guy whose value will continue to spike the more he becomes proven. To trade him now is to sell low on him imo
Not sure how trading him would be selling low when his value is still quite high and neutral at worst. I don't really see a player currently that fits the bill for #1 dman that's available but if there was one you have to give to get and Knies is our best asset. It's a lot easier to acquire a first line power forward than a #1 dman.

Reactions: arso40

LeafChief

Matthew Knies Enthusiast
Mar 5, 2013
Scarborough

To Toronto-
Larsson
Borgen

To Seattle-
Liljegren
Abruzzese
Kokkonen
1st Round Pick

Rielly-Larsson
McCabe-Brodie
Lagersson-Borgen
I appreciate your willingness to continue to throw up these very unrealistic trade proposals.

OVO16

#WeTheNorth
Apr 16, 2017
Would David Savard makes sense?

He's on the older side but has tons of grit and experience

arso40

Jun 7, 2022
Defense has been looking better recently.

Who's missing?

Really, I don't see a viable option without dealing an ouch.

Fraser Minten
1st. round pick
Liljegren

for

Rasmus Andersson
I love lily but I would trade him for andersson with the first and another prospect not him though

Sep 18, 2009
I have considered his $4.55mm for the next 2 years following this one.

That's less than Brodie makes.
Yep you also need a sami paulson type

Samuel Påhlsson
Swedish former ice hockey player

Niklas Hjalmarsson. A three-time Stanley Cup winner with the Chicago Blackhawks,​

Now this how you win

MarMarSab3

formerly #13 & TML4EVR
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Toronto
Be nice if they could sign a couple next summer for 2024-2025 season going forward. I'm sure some of them will hit the market. My doubt many of them at all come in at less than $4.55m
True but they come for free, our prospect pool isn't the greatest and depleting it will hurt. Not to mention Liljegren has been on a very good trajectory.

Hard to see that being viable when we are cap strapped.
We won't be next season, Brodie money goes towards new D upgrade

Reactions: arso40
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad