Trades and UFA’s - Trade Deadline Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leaffan1991

Oct 22, 2016
Canada
If dubas didn't get rid of all our draft picks I would say a first for Tanev is fine but not having any picks I'm going to pass.
Maybe make a play for a bit lesser of a d man and hopefully just use our b prospects instead.
Go crazy during free agency this offseason
Pesce
Tanev
Etc

Reactions: horner

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
When the Ducks decide to start selling, I'd be asking about Henrique. Cap space is pretty limited so it would have to be at 50, maybe even 75% retention, but I think he would fit in quite well as a 3rd line center and making us much deeper.

kb

Aug 28, 2009
If dubas didn't get rid of all our draft picks I would say a first for Tanev is fine but not having any picks I'm going to pass.
Maybe make a play for a bit lesser of a d man and hopefully just use our b prospects instead.
Pesce
Tanev
Etc
9 picks this draft.

And for those absolutely new to hockey, here is a primer.

There are 2 phases, one is trading off UFA's to collect assets (draft picks). This is called the building, or rebuilding stage. The other phase is using assets to fill holes on your contending team. <-- that is where the Leafs are, and have been for years.

You're welcome

horner

May 22, 2007
Anaheim has a ton of defensive prospect.
What would entice them to trade one ?

-DeMo-

Nov 12, 2006
Huntsville Ontario
Pesce
Tanev
Etc

Tanev's 4th in TOI in Calgary averaging 18 mins a game. basically the same usage as Zadorov had I don't see how they can negotiate a 1st for Tanev when they moved Z for 3rd(2026) + 5th unless they retain alot but even then I dont think it's worth a 1st.

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
When the Ducks decide to start selling, I'd be asking about Henrique. Cap space is pretty limited so it would have to be at 50, maybe even 75% retention, but I think he would fit in quite well as a 3rd line center and making us much deeper.

Our 3rd line is starting to grow on me and I think it's value will come in close arm wrestle type games where it can chip in a goal or were behind trying to come back

Also if Reeves isn't on the 4th line those guys can do a lot of the grunt defensive work for us

All that's to say I want to throw our assets towards one high quality, use in every situation, makes his partner better top 4 defenseman
I'm talking best guy available

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
I didn't think Clarke was good defensively ?
It's certainly not his strength. He has some work to do there, and he needs to put on some weight and strength. But he's also 5th in points in the AHL, as a rookie D man.

Read what some scouts had to say....

It doesn't matter much, they wouldn't trade him anyway, and we are talking hypothetically.

Reactions: arso40

arso40

Jun 7, 2022
It's certainly not his strength. He has some work to do there, and he needs to put on some weight and strength. But he's also 5th in points in the AHL, as a rookie D man.

Read what some scouts had to say....

It doesn't matter much, they wouldn't trade him anyway, and we are talking hypothetically.

I mean he is doughtys aire they’re just rebuilding the 2010 teams they have their formula right

Tanev hurt again .I'll pass
Look into Adam larsson

Reactions: uncleben

The Podium

Feb 19, 2010
Toronto
Don't know about that chief.

Saying that I'd have a look at Bean and hope for a Skjei-like turnaround.

Established D
Werenski
Provorov
Severson

Top prospects
Jiricek
Mateychuk
Ceulemans
Svozil

Servicable D with potential
Boqvist
Peeke
Bean

Obviously not all of these guys fit our needs, but they do have a ton of D and guys coming up the system

MarMarSab3

formerly #13 & TML4EVR
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Toronto
Our top 6 is elite doesn't need to be touched
I'm surprisingly happy with the 3rd line
Our 4th line needs an upgrade @ RW

Our clear need is a top pairing defenceman and that won't be easy to trade for.

Reilly *****
McCabe Liljegren
Gio/Benoit/Lagesson Brodie

Adam Larsson checks alot of boxes

Rare Jewel

Patience
Jan 11, 2007
Leaf Land
Established D
Werenski
Provorov
Severson

Top prospects
Jiricek
Mateychuk
Ceulemans
Svozil

Servicable D with potential
Boqvist
Peeke
Bean

Obviously not all of these guys fit our needs, but they do have a ton of D and guys coming up the system
You're not wrong, that's a lot of hockey players.

But aside from Werenski and Severson, who are proven. It's a high cost, like Jiricek, or question marks like Peeke or Bean.

We're probably not in a position to go for anyone in that 2nd group.

Larsson was the guy I've thought all along, and posted about in the summer. I think he'd make an excellent complimentary partner for Rielly.
He would.

I hope Ron Francis shares your enthusiasm about the move.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad