Trades and UFA’s - Trade Deadline Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Duffman955

Mar 4, 2010
Tanev is old and made of glass. Do not want unless dirt cheap.

Should have gotten zadorov, CGY didn't even need to retain

Reactions: Al14

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki

Why? We've got plenty of bottom pair defenseman playing extremely well right now, there also pretty physical as well

We need a top 4 upgrade, maybe a 2way 3C if we're feeling greedy but a top 4D is non negotiable imo
How much do you think it would take to pry Ryan Pulock from NYI?

1st + Knies + ?

No way, if we're trading 1st + Knies +
That defenseman better be mid 20's and ******* spectacular

arso40

Jun 7, 2022
Why? We've got plenty of bottom pair defenseman playing extremely well right now, there also pretty physical as well

We need a top 4 upgrade, maybe a 2way 3C if we're feeling greedy but a top 4D is non negotiable imo

It better be a stud to lose knies n I would still be hesitant but we need a top pair rhd
I would hesitate to trade knies no matter the return but we do need a top pairing d and there pricey maybe larsson atleast he’s no injury prone similar to tanev and not a pending ufa

Sypher04

Jan 20, 2011

At the time they dealt him to the Canucks we would have required retention. That was apparently a big part of the reason Calgary chose to deal him to Vancouver

Reactions: horner

horner

May 22, 2007

How much do you think it would take to pry Ryan Pulock from NYI?

1st + Knies + ?
Not for Pullock
Knies
He is pretty much untouchable.
You do know what we have in knies a power forward . Your just getting a glimpse of his potential loves to hit crashes the net can play with your top line and on a ELC contract for 2 more yrs.
He's the type of player we have been looking for for yrs and yrs.
Teams don't trade this type of player.
In the playoffs he will be a difference maker.

Leaffan1991

Oct 22, 2016
Canada
How about the Tanev bros with retention on each? Chris would help
The blue line and Brandon would be a good gritty addition to fourth line and can move up when needed

SHANNYPLAN

Nov 24, 2016
Timmins, Hirvonen & 1st for Ferraro (3 years left)

Next 3 3rd's for Trenin @ 50% & Lauzon (3 years left)

Knies - Matthews - Marner
Bertuzzi - Tavares - Nylander
Trenin - Kampf - Jarnkrok
Robertson - Domi - Gregor

Rielly - Brodie
Ferraro - Liljegren*
Lauzon - McCabe*

Woll
Sammy

rumman

Sep 10, 2008
Any reason the Leafs would trade away the only D other than Rielly who could run a PP in a pinch? And put up points?

For a meh forward?
Do they really need another D man to “quarterback” the PP? I’d rather they obtain D men that can prevent goals. This team has plenty of offence imo, stick a forward on the blueline for PP if Mo is tired……..

TheMadHatTrick

Nov 2, 2008
Curious if you guys would move Knies in a deal for a true #1 dman. Those guys don't become available often so I would think you'd have to consider it.

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
At this point, I say run with the D we have for now. That’s not saying it’s good enough, just that I’d like to give some guys more runway.

Timmins is now 18 points in 34 games for us. Plenty of time before the deadline… let’s say he continues that pace for the next 30 games.. another 15 points in 30 games. Do you think his value goes up, or down, if we are to trade him?

Honestly, I’ve liked Benoit too… get our guys back, see how they play, and raise the value of who we do have.

There doesn’t appear to be many guys available right now, at an affordable price… so let’s increase the value of our guys and then see what moves can be made.

Clark4Ever

What we do in hockey echoes in eternity...
Oct 10, 2010
T.O.
Curious if you guys would move Knies in a deal for a true #1 dman. Those guys don't become available often so I would think you'd have to consider it.
It would depend on the age of the defenceman. I would do it if the player was in his mid to late twenties.

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007

Knies for Makar? And someone would say no?

I mean, it would never happen, but a young elite D, I think we’d move Knies easily. Seider, Hughes, Power…

Reactions: Kelly and Rocker13

kb

Aug 28, 2009
Do they really need another D man to “quarterback” the PP? I’d rather they obtain D men that can prevent goals. This team has plenty of offence imo, stick a forward on the blueline for PP if Mo is tired……..
Say Rielly gets hurt and is out for a couple of months.

What happens then?

Right now Timmins is the only thing keeping Lajoie from playing 20 minutes per game.

Trading him would be short sighted and stupid, frankly....

At this point, I say run with the D we have for now. That’s not saying it’s good enough, just that I’d like to give some guys more runway.

Timmins is now 18 points in 34 games for us. Plenty of time before the deadline… let’s say he continues that pace for the next 30 games.. another 15 points in 30 games. Do you think his value goes up, or down, if we are to trade him?

Honestly, I’ve liked Benoit too… get our guys back, see how they play, and raise the value of who we do have.

There doesn’t appear to be many guys available right now, at an affordable price… so let’s increase the value of our guys and then see what moves can be made.
I have been getting a lot of pushback on this too. Runway is needed.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad