Speculation: Trade Thread Part XII

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

mas0764

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 16, 2005
Just curious but would anybody entertain a trade with COL.

ROR for Staal?

Straight up, or maybe move another minor piece or two? Obviously trade couldnt happen until Feb 28th.

Interesting. Whatever happened to the MDZ for ROR rumors? That would still be very interesting as well.

mas0764

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 16, 2005
the way Ryan is playing.

I don't see Colorado doing that.

Yeah, I'd look into it though. Considering no one is going to trade you a Steven Stamkos or even John Tavares anytime soon, ROR might be a guy you can kinda "buy low" on, so to speak, and while he's not your classic Sidney Crosby or Pavel Datsyuk type #1 center, he and Stepan would make for a pretty good 1-2.

slipknottin

Apr 11, 2011
CT
I've been advocating moving staal for awhile. Even if you don't plug MDZ in as that 2nd line LD you can trade MDZ or someone else to fill that hole. Conor also can play LD

Mac n Gs

Drury plz
Jan 17, 2014
I'm interested in Mikkel Boedker. I'm just not sure what it would take to get him. Phoenix has a few other players/prospects that I'd be interested trading for

Punxrocknyc19*

I'm interested in Mikkel Boedker. I'm just not sure what it would take to get him. Phoenix has a few other players/prospects that I'd be interested trading for

i wouldnt mind Boedker, Samuelsson and a guy like Brown or Lessio.. id love Domi but doubt they trade him...

BarbaraAlphanse

I'm not sure he can play in the NHL after what I saw of him, he was that bad.. but I guess it was only 1 game.

I can see him developing into a Douglas Murray. He'll have to get better with positioning.

BarbaraAlphanse

I've been advocating moving staal for awhile. Even if you don't plug MDZ in as that 2nd line LD you can trade MDZ or someone else to fill that hole. Conor also can play LD

Staal has been one of our best defensemen, if not our best, these last 2 weeks.

BarbaraAlphanse

if Ott gets signed is the only way i would even consider that deal. Rangers better get McNabb or Larsson in the deal..

He'll cost a lot to be signed. We can also not trade Del Zotto for him and sign him in the offseason.

TheTakedown

Puck is Life
Jul 11, 2012
Interesting. Whatever happened to the MDZ for ROR rumors? That would still be very interesting as well.

Damn if that was for real...

COL defense is absolutely horrific. Watching them against the Devils yesterday... the only reason why they won was because the devils can't shoot the puck and Varlamov was fantastic

TheTakedown

Puck is Life
Jul 11, 2012
Staal and a second for yakupov and Schultz.

I would do MDZ and a prospect instead of Staal. Staal is a 2nd pair defender at worst, and a 1st pair at his best.

Right now our Top 4 D are oustanding.

McD-G
Staal-Stralman

It's our third pairing that should be pruned back, and the only sensible choice is Michael Del Zotto...

I'm not just saying that because of all the flak MDZ has gotten. I'm saying that because of the business side of things...
MDZ makes an average of 3 times what John Moore makes, and is more or less, the same player. That automatically makes him disposable, especially when Conor Allen can essentially replace MDZ on an ELC

Punxrocknyc19*

What's a realistic trade that could net some of those players?

i would consider moving Stepan in a deal to get Samuelsson..

Samuelsson is a big center with size 6'3 215 something Rangers lack...

18 goals 52 pts in 37 games with 47 PIM +27 for the Oil Kings same team as Michael St.Croix

Raspewtin

Stay at home defenseman hater
May 30, 2013
i would consider moving Stepan in a deal to get Samuelsson..

Samuelsson is a big center with size 6'3 215 something Rangers lack...

18 goals 52 pts in 37 games with 47 PIM +27 for the Oil Kings same team as Michael St.Croix

Jesus christ am I glad you're not the GM.

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007
Steve Ott for Del Zotto.
Call up McIllrath
I would not complain

I would. That deal is bad for the Rangers and McIlrath isn't ready. You don't trade a 23 yo PMD for a 31 yo 4th liner who's soon to be UFA. No matter how much you think MDZ's value has gone down, that's just bad asset management.

Ruggs225

Oct 15, 2007
Long Island, NY
the way Ryan is playing.

I don't see Colorado doing that.

Maybe not straight up but at a starting point. I don't think the value is too far off, especially if Staal keeps up his good play lately.

Also, ROR is a RFA with a qualifying offer of $6.5m. There has been some chatter that he will be available at the TD and COL needs defense badly.

I think this is a type of deal that Sather should explore. a Stepan-ROR top two center would be pretty solid. Especially if Miller or Brassard are in the three slot.

Plus it would open the door for another trade of one of our forwards.. Boyle, poo, cally or somebody where we could get another dman or draft pick.

Raspewtin

Stay at home defenseman hater
May 30, 2013
honestly curious.

so, curious....why no on Perron?

Let me clarify that when I said no Perron, it's not that I don't like him as a player, it's that I would much rather Yakupov. He fits much more into the speed and transition game this team wants to play.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad