Other Sports: Philadelphia Phillies: The Road To .500 (2024 Edition)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Jun 19, 2018
Are we still shooting for home field in NL? Need LA to drop one or probably next two to SD it seems
The Dodgers have a half game lead over the Phillies right now. If they lose tonight, it flips to the Phillies leading by a half game. The Phils own the tiebreaker. So no, they don't "need" LA to lose 2 vs SD, but it would help for sure

The Phillies end with 3 at Washington. Dodgers with 3 at Denver

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
Relievers are so strange and unpredictable. How many predicted that Hoffman would be one of the best relievers in all of baseball this year?
Me after watching him mow down the 2017 Phillies. :laugh:

Hoffman always had great stuff. He was in the same draft as Aaron Nola and he was thought of as the best pitching prospect in that draft (maybe even best overall) before blowing his arm out.

Rockies suck at developing pitchers for obvious reasons, but a lot of starters without a great third pitch find success as short inning relievers when they can just throw two pitches and air it out every other night. Especially ones that throw as hard as Hoffman did/does. He's going to get paid this winter.

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Jun 19, 2018
Me after watching him mow down the 2017 Phillies. :laugh:

Hoffman always had great stuff. He was in the same draft as Aaron Nola and he was thought of as the best pitching prospect in that draft (maybe even best overall) before blowing his arm out.

Rockies suck at developing pitchers for obvious reasons, but a lot of starters without a great third pitch find success as short inning relievers when they can just throw two pitches and air it out every other night. Especially ones that throw as hard as Hoffman did/does. He's going to get paid this winter.

The Phillies have to keep him. They have to

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Jun 19, 2018
Be careful as a fan of Cincinnati I've seen him be great then SUCK
I'm not scared about Hoffman. His stuff would make the MonStars whiff and his control has been pin point for 3 seasons. He and Strahm keep the window open. It's a Nola situation. Blank check style re-sign

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Jun 19, 2018
White Sox sweep the angels, as we all predicted.

That fits for LAA though, another embarrassing org

They don't have a chance at sweeping Detroit though, that team is fighting for the playoffs and on a month long heater

Gregor Samsa

Sep 5, 2020
So does Detroit actually have a bright future and are all those high draft picks going to pay dividends? I haven’t paid attention to them in years because, let’s be honest, they were not deserving of attention outside of their terribleness. How do they have a winning record this year?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad