Roster Building (& Training Camp) XXIII: Re-signings, Re-considerations, Recriminations

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

MinJaBen

Canes Sharks Boy
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2015
Durm

Gonna be a fun....checks notes....six years.

This organization definitely needs to be checking the 'Carolinafax' site when they buy used players, I think.

1727365096481.png

WreckingCrew

Feb 4, 2015

dude's been injured twice without playing a single game for us, we really are trying to kill him

Now this is interesting

it's better than Burns at the blueline f***ing up 10x on the PP failing to hold the blueline or slapping it off the dude in front of him for a SH breakaway like he was doing in the playoffs

Stickpucker

Playmaka
Jan 18, 2014
Any chance for Honka or Heimosalmi to make the final roster or get some NHL games at all this year?

Please, spare me those sarcastic answers like "HisIceness" like to write. I'm sure she or he entertains herself but not that many others.
My dead grandma is more likely to kick my ass in three rounds of tiddlywinks.

And Ain't nobody can beat me at tiddlywinks.

I mean, I'm also kind of insulted. HisIceness is sarcastic, sure, but I wouldn't even put him in the top ten around here. What am I, chopped liver?
I thought you retired after the 21 season.

Reactions: Boom Boom Apathy

Stickpucker

Playmaka
Jan 18, 2014
I think Honka will 100% make the roster and there’s a great chance he’ll be paired with Slavin based on playstyle
Word is Rod likes him so much he has him over each night for bbq after practice and they lift together 3x a day.

He even wrote him into his will in leiu of Skylar.

Really dislike continuing to saddle Aho with non first line / soft wingers. I would rather a guy like carrier play there than roslovic. While carrier isnt a first liner either at least he does the dirty work. Jarvis doesn’t need to be the only dirty work guy at his size
You just explained first line Martinook.

Let's pull up your post history on the subject.

spockBokk

Sep 8, 2013
I’ll be real interested in seeing Gunler and Suzuki. They’re the elder statesman of the forward prospect group and this may be their last chance to impress. Gunler looked impressive to me in the Nashville rookie games. Of all the young guys they have up front, Gunler has the size the others lack. Would be real nice if he turned into something.

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
Gotta save the best stuff...I have a feeling the Real Vermont might be put to use a bit this season.
My father in law use to say. Real Vermont Syup is overrated and overpriced. It's just that it has that "cutesy state" name in it so you can charge more.

I disagree with him. I can attest that the first time I made real Vermont Maple Syrup, it cost me about $300 for 1 gallon. Reason? I tapped a bunch of trees in my yard in Vermont and the sap ran great that year. I decided to boil it on my gas cooktop in the house and had 5 burners going at once. I set a spoon down and it acted as a heat sink and absolutely shattered the glass on the cooktop. I replaced it for about $250, but my wise wife said: "you aren't going to boil it on this again", so I bought one of those turkey fryers and used that to boil it down. Between the cooktop glass, the turkey fryer, propane and gas, it cost me about $300 and I got 1 gallon.

Last edited:

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
I'm guessing HisIceness asked him to follow the board rule about his fantasy team and he didn't like being called out like that.

He asked the same question about Honka and Heimosalami in our preseason GDT thread. I said they were playing well (from what Canes Prospects/Walt Ruff were saying on X) and were future HoFs. I mean, I did also mention that a Hurricanes win (which did happen) would mean multiple Stanley Cups so by nature, they're both HoFs.

I don't really care about being insulted or whatever, I appreciate what @Navin R Slavin said though. I mean I've been called an idiot in the BoH board for telling posters who thought Raleigh was a poor NHL market because no one wanted to watch a constant 10th place team play every year, that they didn't know what they were talking about. So, it's all whatever to me.

But I'll be a good sport here. I honestly don't know where Honka fits because he's been lost in the fray it feels like. Since he's an older prospect I'm rooting for him, I'd like for our younger guys like FUS and Nadeau to get some more development. Heimosalami I think will see NHL time. Will it be here? Don't know, but he'll play somewhere. Probably not this year, but it'll happen.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad