Speculation: Trade Speculation Part V

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

SKNJD9

Hi, I'm mat.
Aug 28, 2008
West of Chicago
Morrow is choosing between Pitt and Boston apparently

@RobRossi_Trib: #TribHKY >> Told B. Morrow is choosing between #Bruins and #pens. So, clearly this is developing situation.

Czech Trio

Aug 29, 2009
If Joe Morrow goes to Dallas for Brenden Morrow, we kno wwhy Lou hasnt made a huge move. The market is terrible if thats the asking price

Its like moving Jon Merrill for Brenden Morrow

You realize Merril hasn't played a pro game yet, right? He has potential...but he has just that, at the moment.

I could see Lou making another move considering we've gotten Loktionov and D'Agostini for two 5th rounders. We didn't even have to dip into our surplus on D or pipeline. I would personally move Merril for the right pieces. Gelinas, Urbom are promising, we have Fayne/Larsson here already, and we have tons of good D prospects.

SKNJD9

Hi, I'm mat.
Aug 28, 2008
West of Chicago
Darren Dreger ‏@DarrenDreger now
Source close to B.Morrow situation says Boston also in the mix. Morrow considering both Pens and Bruins.

apice3*

You realize Merril hasn't played a pro game yet, right? He has potential...but he has just that, at the moment.

Constantly used, and really overblown point. Would you give up a 1st rounder for Morrow? How about three first rounders? 0 games played between those first rounders.

At one point, every player had 0 games played.

I understand your point if discussing landing a star player, like Iginla or something. Here it's Brendan Morrow, and I'd rather gamble with Merrill's potential than have friggin Morrow.

SKNJD9

Hi, I'm mat.
Aug 28, 2008
West of Chicago
Josh Rimer ‏@JoshRimerHockey 5m
Brendan Morrow has just told me via text that he will make his decision in next 15 mins!! Stay tuned

SKNJD9

Hi, I'm mat.
Aug 28, 2008
West of Chicago
David Pagnotta ‏@TheFourthPeriod 48s
Morrow is expected to notify the Stars and his new team (whichever it is) in the next 10mins or so.

apice3*

Stupid. Boston is so much better built for a Cup. And I don't know why Pittsburgh wants him more than a defenseman anyway.

Saugus

Ecrasez l'infame!
Sponsor
Jun 17, 2009
Connecticut
Rosen said 1st rounder is part of the deal + a defensemen.

That is a huge overpayment, even without knowing who the defenceman is.

Josh Rimer ‏@JoshRimerHockey 5m
Brendan Morrow has just told me via text that he will make his decision in next 15 mins!! Stay tuned

I bet he's loving all this attention in the twilight of his career. It's like the cougar at a bar milking out all the attention she can from the young guys. :laugh:

GameSeven

ἢ τὰς ἢ ἐπὶ τὰς
Jan 11, 2008
According to Eklund (I know LOL), St. Louis or Eriksson may be available if DAL and TB decide to blow it up.

Both would be a godsend to this team. Unfortunately I doubt Lou would give up big assets right now.

Two of my favorite non-Devils. But yeah, not holding my breath on anything happening with those guys and, least of all, with us.

Jack Griffin

Jan 28, 2012
Florida
According to Eklund (I know LOL), St. Louis or Eriksson may be available if DAL and TB decide to blow it up.

Both would be a godsend to this team. Unfortunately I doubt Lou would give up big assets right now.

That may be one of the dumbest things Eklund has ever suggested. Eriksson is signed for 3 more years. Even if Dallas were to blow up their roster they wouldn't get rid of players signed long term.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Lou trades Steve Cangialosi to NBC Sports for Doc Emrick. :sarcasm:

Be the best move of the year!!!!

I always thought Lou was going to maybe make one more minor move this year too, but now I wonder he may look to make a bigger splash with Kovy out for a bit. Maybe not of course but might happen. I'm sure he will wait and see how the team performs without him tomorrow and next weekend.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Well some people probably expect Merrill to be Mike Danton too, given some of his 'issues'.

I think Jagr would actually get more of a return than Morrow, which would make it even riskier to trade for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad