Speculation: Trade Speculation Part V

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hockey Sports Fan

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2010
Connecticut
I know this probably isn't on anyone's mind right now, but it's starting to look like Bernier really would be an excellent choice as our future netminder. He's even been handling the puck pretty well tonight.

Volodya Krutov

Lost Cosmonaut
Jan 18, 2012
There's absolutely not a single chance Iginla accepts to be traded here. He wants to play for a cup contender...

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I know this probably isn't on anyone's mind right now, but it's starting to look like Bernier really would be an excellent choice as our future netminder. He's even been handling the puck pretty well tonight.
You really like Bernier don't you? I'm kinda split on him, not sure what to think. I keep hearing Detroit is looking at this goaltender and that goaltender. Which I don't get because Jimmy Howard is a fantastic goaltender. If they don't want him send him our way! He's one of my favorites.

I wouldn't mind the 3 goalie system!:laugh: It sounds stupid, but we have this 8 D men crap so why not 3 goalies!? In all seriousness 3 goalies would be kinda sucky though. Marty does not excel when playing less games.

Devilsfan992

Apr 14, 2012
There's absolutely not a single chance Iginla accepts to be traded here. He wants to play for a cup contender...

We were just in the cup last year? This is the same team as last year minus Parise. Replace him with Igninla and we are definitely a good team. Add the fact that Lotki>Josefson that helps even out the loss of Parise. That being said I'd rather have someone like Ryan or Stewart

Hockey Sports Fan

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2010
Connecticut
You really like Bernier don't you? I'm kinda split on him, not sure what to think. I keep hearing Detroit is looking at this goaltender and that goaltender. Which I don't get because Jimmy Howard is a fantastic goaltender. If they don't want him send him our way! He's one of my favorites.

I wouldn't mind the 3 goalie system!:laugh: It sounds stupid, but we have this 8 D men crap so why not 3 goalies!? In all seriousness 3 goalies would be kinda sucky though. Marty does not excel when playing less games.

You might be confusing something someone else said with me, I don't know if I've ever really praised Bernier on here. Before this season I never would have wanted to give up assets to get him, but he's starting to look like he could be a pretty legitimate starting goalie.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
You might be confusing something someone else said with me, I don't know if I've ever really praised Bernier on here. Before this season I never would have wanted to give up assets to get him, but he's starting to look like he could be a pretty legitimate starting goalie.

Alright I think you said Bremier then!:laugh:

Volodya Krutov

Lost Cosmonaut
Jan 18, 2012
We were just in the cup last year? This is the same team as last year minus Parise. Replace him with Igninla and we are definitely a good team. Add the fact that Lotki>Josefson that helps even out the loss of Parise. That being said I'd rather have someone like Ryan or Stewart

Are we a cup contender at the moment ? Because that's where Iginla is going to be traded.

Hockey Sports Fan

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2010
Connecticut
Alright I think you said Bremier then!:laugh:

Oh that was probably me, I was joking though. :laugh: I wonder if that post still exists?

EDIT: Oh, it exists.

parise will not sign before next season its become pretty clear of that. so when the deadline rolls around they better move him. this team cant be set back further if he bolts after next season.

they need to get back in return a defenseman a center a goalie prospect and a pick. thats realistic.

i can see them being partners with the kings on this.

johnson/richards/bremier

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
It's not worth a big trade anymore unless it's a guy who has a year left on their contract after this year (Nieuwendyk) and a younger RFA player (Langenbrunner)

aboriginal

lou ****ing sucks
Mar 10, 2006
LV-426

yeah it looks like the same team alright

CerebralGenesis

Jul 23, 2009
Ya there's no point in unloading for a big name forward rental at the deadline. If anything I'd still like to get something from one of our dmen to recoup some of our lost picks this year.

During the summer, I expect some trades to be available as teams will be trying to get down to the cap.

SteveCangialosi123

Feb 17, 2012
NJ
If we continue to lose when Marty and Zubie are back we should be looking to deal one of our defensemen. We should undoubtedly be sellers. If we're still in the playoffs during the deadline then Lou please look for some forward help. The Bernier idea wa interesting. We're gonna have to address the goaltending sooner or later so if we could land him that would be nice.

njdevil26

I hate avocados
Dec 13, 2006
Clark, NJ
Yeah I'm ready to make a panic move and deal a first rounder to Washington for Mike Ribeiro.

Henrique-Loktionov-Kovalchuk
Elias-Ribeiro-Zubrus
Ponikarovsky-Zajac-Clarkson
Carter-Gionta-Bernier

SteveCangialosi123

Feb 17, 2012
NJ
Yeah I'm ready to make a panic move and deal a first rounder to Washington for Mike Ribeiro.

Henrique-Loktionov-Kovalchuk
Elias-Ribeiro-Zubrus
Ponikarovsky-Zajac-Clarkson
Carter-Gionta-Bernier

I'd rather not make the playoffs and keep our first than trade it and then still have to forfeit one next year. That'd really set us back imo

njdevil26

I hate avocados
Dec 13, 2006
Clark, NJ
When anyone says "I'd rather not make the playoffs than..." I just cringe. Ask Elias, Zidlicky, Zubrus, Brodeur, Hedberg, Salvador, Volchenkov, Tallinder, and Ponikarovsky if they would like to sit out the post season just so they don't give up a high draft pick to immediately improve the team.

Cowbell232

Jun 20, 2008
New Jersey
I'd honestly be surprised if any move was made at this point. Just nothing out there worth any of our assets.

Short seasons are wonky. Can't think of this one as really counting.

Basement Cat

Frank Drebin
Nov 3, 2008
Hoboken, NJ
We are still going to make the playoffs. I don't get all of the doom and gloom. We have been outplaying teams. We played better than the Rangers yesterday. Marty is back now and Loki will help our scoring. The key is to get Zubrus back within a week or so. That gives us the depth we need to get back in the playoffs. Another decent forward on top of that and we can go on a run again.

Feed Me A Stray Cat

Mar 27, 2005
Boston, MA
We are still going to make the playoffs. I don't get all of the doom and gloom. We have been outplaying teams. We played better than the Rangers yesterday. Marty is back now and Loki will help our scoring. The key is to get Zubrus back within a week or so. That gives us the depth we need to get back in the playoffs. Another decent forward on top of that and we can go on a run again.

Agreed. If we keep playing the way we've been playing we're going to win games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad