GDT: 2024-2025 Training Camp

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Darren McCord

Dec 15, 2015
It would make sense for us to waive Acciari or Glass because neither will get claimed and then it gives us flexibility to keep Pulju and Poulin up tbh.

Then again Dubas is one of those “nice guy” GMs who finds places for players when they aren’t playing like he did with Mikheyev and Barbanov.

Ya waive the guys who have zero chance of being claimed. You can always call them back up later. Good vets for WBS too.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
I actually think he would get claimed. He makes 800K and scored at a 10g pace playing 9 min a night in his short stint while coming back from major surgery. He is a good bottom 6 options and would not surprise me at all if he got claimed.

There is zero chance he'd get claimed off waivers. People need to go look at the kind of guys who do get claimed off waivers, it's not Pujujarvi.

If Puljujarvi was 24, I could definitely see it. But he's 26 already.

Darren McCord

Dec 15, 2015
There is zero chance he'd get claimed off waivers. People need to go look at the kind of guys who do get claimed off waivers, it's not Pujujarvi.

If Puljujarvi was 24, I could definitely see it. But he's 26 already.

Lamo we literally claimed a 26 year old Harkins off waivers last year who is much much worse. Are you sure you know who gets claimed off waivers?

Reactions: Dennis Reynolds

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Lamo we literally claimed a 26 year old Harkins off waivers last year who is much much worse. Are you sure you know who gets claimed off waivers?

Is there another Kyle Dubas in the NHL? No one else claimed Harkins and Harkins cleared waivers multiple times last year.

The guys who tend to get claimed off waivers are younger guys just hitting waiver eligibility or players who GMs had in previous stints. Puljujarvi doesn't fit either of those.

Darren McCord

Dec 15, 2015
Is there another Kyle Dubas in the NHL? No one else claimed Harkins and Harkins cleared waivers multiple times last year.

The guys who tend to get claimed off waivers are younger guys just hitting waiver eligibility or players who GMs had in previous stints. Puljujarvi doesn't fit either of those.

Dude the Ducks just signed Harkins to a 2 year contract in the summer after his awful year.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
Joshua Tree, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com

I could 100% see a team claiming Pulju.

Darren McCord

Dec 15, 2015
Okay? How does that have any relevance to what I said?

They gave him a 2-way deal so he'll be an AHLer for them.

No his deal is one way.

Also
Ross Johnston was picked up last year
Aj Greer was picked up

Teams with injuries always pick up guys with experience to fill out the bottom 6 for cheap that they can waive later. You have to keep the player up so teams want guys with experience too.

Malkinstheman

Aug 12, 2012
I dont think its outlandish to say that Pulju could get claimed. In the past year older forwards such as Katchouk, White, Ruzicka, Sanford etc were claimed. All it takes is 1 GM liking the player

Reactions: Darren McCord

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
Joshua Tree, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
I dont think its outlandish to say that Pulju could get claimed. In the past year older forwards such as Katchouk, White, Ruzicka, Sanford etc were claimed. All it takes is 1 GM liking the player

I just don’t see the reason to waive someone besides Acciari or Glads the more I look at it.

Allows you to drop a mil off the roster if you need to. And they can always just stay up.

Same thing we did with McGinn.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad