Speculation: Trade Speculation Part III

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

KohoDonuts88

Sep 6, 2006
New Brunswick
I have been hearing about Perry for almost three years does anyone know if they are actually interested still I would love him here but realistically after so much hype about a trade being so close for so long it usually doesn't end up happening

Of course they're interested. 29 teams are interested in Perry. Making a trade is another thing altogether.

manilaNJ

Optimism: Unwavering
Mar 5, 2012
New Jersey
And, if Perry is at all a possibility, I'd rather pick him up in free agency than give up what it'll take to get him.
That's my pipe dream for next season.

Saugus

Ecrasez l'infame!
Sponsor
Jun 17, 2009
Connecticut
And, if Perry is at all a possibility, I'd rather pick him up in free agency than give up what it'll take to get him.

Toronto will outbid us. And the Rangers will certainly try to give him the keys to the bank too, as is their annual tradition.

apice3*

I'd trade a rental package for him, 100%. Alongside Boston, bring him to NJ makes us a top 2 team in the East, no question.

apice3*

Toronto will outbid us. And the Rangers will certainly try to give him the keys to the bank too, as is their annual tradition.

People have speculated, not sure how true, that Perry wants to play in a small market.

hlaverty06

Feb 11, 2012
NJ all day
How can they afford him?

They own McD, Stepan, Hagelin etc new contracts (MDZ in two years) have 2 players costing them 7+ million with Henrik and Richards coming just shy of 7 million

Girardi and Staal both need raises in two years....

Rangers aren't in the position.

Not to mention the caps down

foxboro24

Feb 20, 2013
Jersey Shore
How can they afford him?

They own McD, Stepan, Hagelin etc new contracts (MDZ in two years) have 2 players costing them 7+ million with Henrik and Richards coming just shy of 7 million

I think people are just numb to the fact that the Rangers ALWAYS go after the top guy and it just seems like they always will

Zubrus Coffee Maker

Blinded by my Zubrus
Nov 14, 2008
Cobourg, ON
Perry wouldnt sign us if we dont give him a reason to by trading for him. To marquee free agents i dont think New Jersey is especially enticing. if we had a chance at him we would need to Kovalchuk him and hope

Saugus

Ecrasez l'infame!
Sponsor
Jun 17, 2009
Connecticut
How can they afford him?

They'll find a way. It's the Rangers.

SteveCangialosi123

Feb 17, 2012
NJ
Just thinking if we were able to acquire Fleischman and everyone gets healthy:

Henrique-Lotki-Kovy
Fleischman-Zajac-Elias
Poni-Zubrus-Clarkson
CBGB

That is a hell of a team imo

SpeakingOfTheDevils

Devils Advocate
Jan 22, 2010
Philadelphia, PA
People have speculated, not sure how true, that Perry wants to play in a small market.

For players who prefer that, I've always thought that New Jersey is the ideal place to play--all bias aside.

The Devils have one of the easiest travel schedules (in-conference, at least), the arena is right next to the airport (as opposed to having to drive 20/30/40 minutes to fly out), you have all of NYC at your disposal without physically being in the city, and there are lots of nice areas within a short distance of Newark, etc etc

And the team itself is nearly always in contention, and is one of the best-run franchises in the league.

njdevilsftw

Nov 13, 2011
new jersey
Malkin for henrique Greene 1st Merrill or urbom

I'm way off here but if the devils don't do something soon they may end up with a top 10 pick before you know it.

Traitor Zach

Released from Glory
Jan 29, 2012
Northeast
With the dust settling on the RoR situation, I'd take a serious look at Stastny.

Stastny or Weiss, please.

Playmaking isn't the problem. We need a winger who can shoot and score. Not sure either Weiss or Stastny answer that. We have guys like Elias, Henrique who can do the same.

SKNJD9

Hi, I'm mat.
Aug 28, 2008
West of Chicago
Our D-men are playing scared one mistake and they know they are sitting.

I understand wanting depth for injuries and what not but move someone..anyone...let the top 6 feel comfortable in their roles.

Bleedred

I want goaltending
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Make a ****ing move Lou

Jesus Christ

If this game doesn't tell him that then I don't know what. We actually played good, but couldn't get more than 1 past a team that's been one of the worst defensively this year.

Devils Trap

May 6, 2009
New Jersey
Lou should have signed Semin when he had the chance. I was saying it all offseason. Huge mistake by Lou. If Lou offered him 1 year 7 million he woulda been a Devil

Bleedred

I want goaltending
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
If Clarkson walks this season no more of this crap. No more bargain bin replacing him by bringing Tedenby back for a third failed time, or other crap. We NEED HELP on the UFA market. Period.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad