Speculation: Trade Speculation Part III

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

bmqdevils

Feb 5, 2011
after reading just one page of this.. jesus.
1- we're not getting corey perry. can promise you that. feel free to keep this post and get me back with it later if we do(which I would love)
2- never doubt lou. he knows what he's doing. for all we know there could be a trade almost done by now. just let things play out.

EnglishDevil

Nov 11, 2009
London, UK & Chicago, US
I want no part of trading for Corey Perry, i get the impression he's going to test the market regardless of whether he stays in Anaheim or not at the deadline. He'll probably just go to the highest bidder in Free Agency, that's my gut feeling. If we're going to give up valuable assets to acquire someone it better be for someone who is either signed for multiple years or has a realistic chance of resigning here without us having to get into some insane bidding war on the first day of free agency.

Nothing against Perry, i'd love him, it's just unrealistic; if he wanted to sign long term with a contender, he'd resign with Anaheim; they have a solid squad and can easily pony up the money.

Bleedred

I want goaltending
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Anyone think it's a possibility the Devils trade Matteau? I know the value could have been better if we traded the pick before the draft so a team could go ahead and pick who they want with it.

Not for a rental like Weiss or even Perry, but for the right deal is it a possibility? Remember we thought we had it called they they were gonna forfeit after the second round after last year. Don't flame me I'm just asking. It seems like it could be a possibility. I'm not talking for a rental either like Weiss. That was be absurd.

DevilChuk*

Lou should have signed Semin when he had the chance. I was saying it all offseason. Huge mistake by Lou. If Lou offered him 1 year 7 million he woulda been a Devil

I don't get why you assume Lou wasn't interested in Semin or didn't offer him a contract simply because he didn't sign him...

apice3*

Anyone think it's a possibility the Devils trade Matteau? I know the value could have been better if we traded the pick before the draft so a team could go ahead and pick who they want with it.

Not for a rental like Weiss or even Perry, but for the right deal is it a possibility? Remember we thought we had it called they they were gonna forfeit after the second round after last year. Don't flame me I'm just asking. It seems like it could be a possibility. I'm not talking for a rental either like Weiss. That was be absurd.

I mean Matteau isn't untouchable but I highly doubt he gets moved.

apice3*

Lou should have signed Semin when he had the chance. I was saying it all offseason. Huge mistake by Lou. If Lou offered him 1 year 7 million he woulda been a Devil

I guess Semin had no say over what team he wanted to play for. All Lou's fault.

Bleedred

I want goaltending
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I mean Matteau isn't untouchable but I highly doubt he gets moved.

Yeah I agree. He isn't untouchable to me like Larsson, or Henrique. I would move him for the right price though, but not a rental.

Bleedred

I want goaltending
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
it's really early too move matteau

I would be very comfortable for the right move. Not a rental, but someone younger that has a few years left until their contract expires. He's not untouchable to me like Henrique, Larsson, Merrill.

Scotty said in the GDT this could be a year like 01/02 when we traded for Langenbrunner, and Nieuwendyk for players nobody expected (Arnott, McKay) What players do you think they could be?

The equivalent on our end to that trade today would be Clarkson, and Zubrus, and a first round pick. Only Clarkson probably not quite to the level Arnott was then, and Zubrus is probably still a lot better than McKay was by that time.

Last edited:

hlaverty06

Feb 11, 2012
NJ all day
You know what Calgary would be super smart if they did

Sign a wink wink deal with Iginla that if they are out of the race come the deadline, they give him to a contender for picks/specs/young roster players and he just resigns with Cal in the off season

DEVILS ALL THE WAY*

I know it's only one game but our defence looked real solid against Winnipeg last night, leaving us with close to 14M$, sitting in the press box.

I would try and push Volchenkov out the door before Tallinder or anyone else on our blueline. Maybe someone will bite at the fact that he's signed for a extra 3 years ala Dallas with Cole, you never know.

Volchenkov + Urbom + pick might land us a top #6 forward and by top #6 forward, I'm not talking about Perry or any other superstar. I'm talking about someone like Fleischmann, Ribeiro, Clowe, etc.

Since Colorado matched the offer thrown at RoR, they probably weren't "happy" about the return they'd get as compensation, so if we can swing a 3 way deal with both those clubs in order for Colorado to get back something other then picks, that might be a route Lou could explore :dunno:

Example: Mike Cammalleri?

Last edited by a moderator:

DEVILS ALL THE WAY*

Why are we even paying Peter Harrold? The guy is a pending UFA who hasn't even played a single game yet and he's currently our 8th d-men on the roster. I'm not saying we should move him for a 7th but you have to wonder why we're keeping guys like Tallinder/Volch around when we can actually get some type of asset AND keep Harrold around as our #7 d-men.

Like you said, JVB must be scratching his head as to why he's paying our #6, #7 and #8 d-men around 8.25M$ only to see Volch get scratched yesterday, Tallinder get scratched once every other game and Harrold since the start of the year.

Oh well, viva bankruptcy :sarcasm:

SteveCangialosi123

Feb 17, 2012
NJ
Why are we even paying Peter Harrold? The guy is a pending UFA who hasn't even played a single game yet and he's currently our 8th d-men on the roster. I'm not saying we should move him for a 7th but you have to wonder why we're keeping guys like Tallinder/Volch around when we can actually get some type of asset AND keep Harrold around as our #7 d-men.

Like you said, JVB must be scratching his head as to why he's paying our #6, #7 and #8 d-men around 8.25M$ only to see Volch get scratched yesterday, Tallinder get scratched once every other game and Harrold since the start of the year.

Oh well, viva bankruptcy :sarcasm:

It's incredibly terrible asset management and that's a fact. Don't care how successful the franchise has been, what we're doin now from an economic standpoint as well as the team standpoint is terrible in every way. That needs to change.

DEVILS ALL THE WAY*

The defense was coned numerous times. lol

Coned numerous times?

I didn't see anyone get "coned" at all. I saw some bad plays that were linked with positionning (1st goal = Zidlicky and 2nd goal = Greene+Zidlicky not covering their man in the slot and Hedberg diving on the ice when Buff was behind the net).

All in all, we played a much better defensive game then we would've of if Volchenkov would've been in the lineup, that's for damn sure.

apice3*

how is having expendable assets bad asset management? Until the trade deadline passes, were in the drivers seat in terms of asset management. Lot of flexibility and room for improvement.

SteveCangialosi123

Feb 17, 2012
NJ
how is having expendable assets bad asset management? Until the trade deadline passes, were in the drivers seat in terms of asset management. Lot of flexibility and room for improvement.

You have to have value/be wanted around the league for your "expendability" to mean anything. Who wants Tallinder? Volchenkov? C'mon. They're terrible and one of them should've been shipped in the beginning of the season because they've both lost major value this season. Should've dumped them coming right off the cup run when their value was higher. If you're a GM, you're telling me you'd want Tallinder or Volchenkov for what they're getting paid? Insane. And having 5+ mil in defense in the press box night in and night out while having major issue in the forward core IS bad asset management.

DEVILS ALL THE WAY*

What he's trying to say, and correct me if I'm wrong SteveCangialosi123, is that you don't see #6, #7 and #8 d-men eat up over 8.25M$ of cap space/legit money, anywhere else in the league and when you have a problem scoring goals while having a surplus of expensive blueliners, I can see the logic behind his statement.

On the other hand, you're absolutely correct when saying that Lou still has a couple of months to rectify this "problem" but at the end of the day, I'm certain Lou's boss (cause yes, he does have a boss) isn't too pleased about writting big checks to players that aren't productive or better yet, not even playing.

SteveCangialosi123

Feb 17, 2012
NJ
What he's trying to say, and correct me if I'm wrong SteveCangialosi123, is that you don't see #6, #7 and #8 d-men eat up over 8.25M$ of cap space/legit money, anywhere else in the league and when you have a problem scoring goals while having a surplus of expensive blueliners, I can see the logic behind his statement.

On the other hand, you're absolutely correct when saying that Lou still has a couple of months to rectify this "problem" but at the end of the day, I'm certain Lou's boss (cause yes, he does have a boss) isn't too pleased about writting big checks to players that aren't productive or better yet, not even playing.

Yea that's part of what I'm trying to say. I also believe that the hesitation to move either of them hurt their value because they've both been putrid, thus managing assets poorly haha.

I just hope some GM is dumb enough to take our poop and like it.

DEVILS ALL THE WAY*

Yea that's part of what I'm trying to say. I also believe that the hesitation to move either of them hurt their value because they've both been putrid, thus managing assets poorly haha.

I just hope some GM is dumb enough to take our poop and like it.

It's been done in the past, we just have to ask Sather to give us his manual on "How to dump your junk while landing a solid asset" and we'll be just fine.

I know I'm reaching here but we should be calling Calgary atm. They seem desperate to make a move and solidifying their blueline with a stud like Volchenkov might push them into the playoffs :sarcasm:

Tedenby + Volchenkov + pick
for
Cammalleri

C'mon Feeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaster !!!

SteveCangialosi123

Feb 17, 2012
NJ
It's been done in the past, we just have to ask Sather to give us his manual on "How to dump your junk while landing a solid asset" and we'll be just fine.

I know I'm reaching here but we should be calling Calgary atm. They seem desperate to make a move and solidifying their blueline with a stud like Volchenkov might push them into the playoffs :sarcasm:

Tedenby + Volchenkov + pick
for
Cammalleri

C'mon Feeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaster !!!

I'd do it without hesitation. People will complain about his contract, but do they realize we'd be getting rid of an equally bad if not worse one? Money is money. I don't think they'd do it but I'd need a new pair of pants if they did.

Richer's Ghost

Bourbonite
Apr 19, 2007
photoshop labor camp somewhere in MN
It has come to this again.

voltron-movie.jpg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad