Rumor: Trade Rumours Thread Part V: Gaborik "available"; LeBrun: NYR interested in D. Boyle

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Punxrocknyc19*

Jensen, Hansen, Burrows, Gaunce are also of interest

He was out for a few games prior to this with a back injury. May have just flared up.

100% agree. They need to find some hard-working players who have speed in the bottom-6. Miller is the perfect example of a player with some skill and size who can also create a little bit. Pyatt and Boyle don't create anything. Same with Powe and Halpern.

i wouldnt mind those players.. i also wouldnt mind Keith Ballard.. Rangers can use some more grit on the blueline..

Ballard, Gaunce, Jensen and first to NYR
Gaborik and Boyle to Canucks??

RangerBoy

Dolan sucks!!!
Mar 3, 2002
New York
www.youtube.com
Boyle,Pyatt,Halpern and Powe can't complete a simple pass. The latter two are part of the PK. Boyle is used on the 3rd PK pair with Hagelin if Torts decides to use a 3rd. Boyle is used on draws along with Halpern What does Pyatt do?

NikC

Oct 7, 2008
Pyatt is useless. big and slow. Halpern... please.

don't kill me but, ecklund mentioned the NYR in talks with Winnepeg. He states 3 sources confirming this.

All i'm saying is a deal like Gaborik + MDZ = Kane, Bgyfulien is the TYPE of deal i can get behind.
I would overpay slightly to get those two. Kane is a given, but Bgfylien is exactly what we need on defense. Big, tough, can fight, score, hit, can skate fairly well for big man. seems to be all over the ice.

just saying...

Miller Time NYR

Oct 5, 2010
Long Beach

don't kill me but, ecklund mentioned the NYR in talks with Winnepeg. He states 3 sources confirming this.

All i'm saying is a deal like Gaborik + MDZ = Kane, Bgyfulien is the TYPE of deal i can get behind.
I would overpay slightly to get those two. Kane is a given, but Bgfylien is exactly what we need on defense. Big, tough, can fight, score, hit, can skate fairly well for big man. seems to be all over the ice.

just saying...

Kane>Gaborik
Byfuglien>MDZ

if anything we would be able to trade for one of them, and it would likely be similar to the nash deal, which is something we cant afford to do again.

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
i wouldnt mind those players.. i also wouldnt mind Keith Ballard.. Rangers can use some more grit on the blueline..

Ballard, Gaunce, Jensen and first to NYR
Gaborik and Boyle to Canucks??

Ballard has been a healthy scratch and is signed long-term. I would imagine one of Ballard/Booth would have to be involved though. However, if they are, I want Kassian.

Boyle,Pyatt,Halpern and Powe can't complete a simple pass. The latter two are part of the PK. Boyle is used on the 3rd PK pair with Hagelin if Torts decides to use a 3rd. Boyle is used on draws along with Halpern What does Pyatt do?

Exactly. Stepan has been the teams best face-off man all season. Yet another role Boyle isn't doing this season. He has looked better, but still no offense.

I understand Powe and Halpern. They provide energy and good PK work. Pyatt plays ES time. Boyle gets ES and a little PK time. Neither provide any sort of offense.

just saying...

The Jets wouldn't move Kane. That would be beyond stupid

Dorado*

Exactly Kane is one of the young future stars of this league . That kind of trade gets everyone in personnel on Jets canned

Dorado*

Lowering cap only trades being made are lateral moves or moves involving similar cap in multi player for one player deals . I don't see even too many teams giving up first round picks unless major injury in next week creates desperation . In all honesty the big favorites to win all have major depth scoring and I anything need reinforcement on defense . The only type of player beyond a true elite ( which will not be traded ) that would fetch a number one pick in this years deadline would be a stud D man ala
McDonagh , Staal or G and the NYR are not moving them .
Gaborik if traded will bring back either a lateral cap move term player or a mid high cap player and a secondary piece and or 2nd

Paulie Walnutz

Make HF Great Again
Oct 1, 2008
I'd keep my eye on San Jose. They've been floundering since their hot start, add in their failures from past seasons and with the pressure to win now they might do a shake up. Maybe not during the season, but I can definitely see them making wholesale changes.

Rangers ftw

May 8, 2007
Stop trading Gaborik. We need to improve our bottom six while keeping our top 6 intact. IMO, what we need to do is put Boyle on 4th line, send away/down Halpern. Replace Boyle with a more skilled 3rd line center. Then we pray to God that Kreider is ready for a new shot at NHL level, and then we end up with:

Rick Nash - Brad Richards - Marian Gaborik
Carl Hagelin - Derek Stepan - Ryan Callahan
Kreider - Center X - J.T. Miller
Taylor Pyatt - Brian Boyle - Powe/Asham

That is a good line up and if Kreider/Miller is paired with a good playmaking center, their production will hopefully increase. Boyle would be a top notch 4th line center and still be available for PK minutes.

Trading for a skilled D-man would be nice and all, I just don't see us having the pieces to get it done, not without giving away top 6 or Kreider/Miller.

Kwayry

Jun 30, 2011
Plano
The Rangers trade Gaborik and his $7.5M but the other team isn't absorbing the entire $7.5M. The players coming to the Rangers won't be making the NHL minimum. Brad Marchand would be the perfect player. I know he signed a 4 year extension worth $18M before the lockout. Jeff Gorton was running the Bruins draft when Marchand was selected in 2006. He plays the left side. He turns 25 this May. Look at the teams interested in Iginla. Boston. Pitt. LA. Maybe the Wings. Those teams probably have an interest in Gaborik. Not trading Gaborik to Pitt. Iginla is a free agent this summer while Gaborik is signed for another year. The non-Cup contenders could be in the market for Gaborik. The Flyers had two scouts at the Rangers game last night. Dave Brown and Al Hill. Dreger was saying last night how much Giroux misses Jagr. The Rangers were at Boston-Philly last week. Simmonds would look good in blue. I know he signed an extension before the lockout. 6 years/$23.85M. Another guy who turns 25 later this year. Sather doesn't take on term but for a younger guy he could make an exception. The Flyers are full of good forwards. I know its trading with the Flyers. Simmonds and B.Schenn/S.Couturier. Doesn't address the top 4 D need. Not likely to happen but the Rangers need players like Marchand and Simmonds. Does Gaborik have Winnipeg on his list? Winnipeg pro scout Jack Birch was at both Rangers games-Canes and Devils. Birch was a former Rangers assistant coach under Ted Sator. Reg Higgs was the other assistant. Three bad *****. No good cop in that group. Bogosian is a righty top 4 D.

I agree those are the kind of trades the Rangers should be pursuing, young, cheap good players.

One other thing to keep in mind, Rangers only have 1 roster spot open. They can create another 1 by sending down Miller, which is doubtful. Or waive/trade a couple of players like Bickel/Gilroy/Pyatt.
Sather usually likes to keep an open roster spot until the deadline.
I don't think we will see 3 for 1 or 4 for 2 kind of trade, unless one of the assets is a prospect. or they start making other roster moves before hand.
Something to keep an eye on.

NikC

Oct 7, 2008
Stop trading Gaborik. We need to improve our bottom six while keeping our top 6 intact. IMO, what we need to do is put Boyle on 4th line, send away/down Halpern. Replace Boyle with a more skilled 3rd line center. Then we pray to God that Kreider is ready for a new shot at NHL level, and then we end up with:

Rick Nash - Brad Richards - Marian Gaborik
Carl Hagelin - Derek Stepan - Ryan Callahan
Kreider - Center X - J.T. Miller
Taylor Pyatt - Brian Boyle - Powe/Asham

That is a good line up and if Kreider/Miller is paired with a good playmaking center, their production will hopefully increase. Boyle would be a top notch 4th line center and still be available for PK minutes.

Trading for a skilled D-man would be nice and all, I just don't see us having the pieces to get it done, not without giving away top 6 or Kreider/Miller.

i don't have a problem with that lineup. question. how to we get Ott from buffalo, because that's what we need.

Rangers ftw

May 8, 2007
i don't have a problem with that lineup. question. how to we get Ott from buffalo, because that's what we need.

We give them a prospect/Halpern/Gilroy/Eminger and a 2nd 2014? Don't know what they need/want...

Kwayry

Jun 30, 2011
Plano
Asham may as yet return something useful. If, I know it's big if, he proves he can stay healthy until the deadline, I can see a team take a flyer on him to toughen up for the playoffs.

Rangers ftw

May 8, 2007
Asham may as yet return something useful. If, I know it's big if, he proves he can stay healthy until the deadline, I can see a team take a flyer on him to toughen up for the playoffs.

Unfortunately, that is, hopefully, why we need to hold on to him...

cd211

Feb 6, 2010
New York, NY
steve ott is a 3c right? i doubt buf trades him, they traded roy which was a long time buffalo dude to get him.. so i doubt it..

torres would be the best bet..

but i saw that too with eklund

Gab+MDZ for Kane and Buf... thats almost a gomez for mcd type trade.. if that happens that would be ridiculous..as much it would suck to get ride of MDZ you have to do it!!

I wonder what the value of Yandle would be.. Gaborik+MDZ+ for Yandle, torres? i would explore that... yandle would solidfy that RD position and obv would be great on PP..

Staal/MCD-Girardi
Staal/McD-Yandle
X-Stralman

Feb 27, 2002
NYC

The trade deadline is two weeks from today. Asham has missed more games than he's played. Form all accounts he isn't going to play agains the Panthers or Caps. And he's signed for another season.

What team is trading for that kind of player?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad