Rumor: Trade Rumours Thread Part V: Gaborik "available"; LeBrun: NYR interested in D. Boyle

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thirty One

Safe is safe.
Dec 28, 2003
As this team has 0 offense from the blueline outside of him , I agree.
Del Zotto has 24% of the Rangers points from the blueline this season. He just passed Marc Staal last night for the leading point getter among Ranger defensemen.

Kwayry

Jun 30, 2011
Plano
I know you're joking, but people need to think before just throwing stuff out there.

And people need to read carefully before throwing stuff out there.

I bolded and underlined the key parts to make it easier on you
Asham may as yet return something useful. If, I know it's big if, he proves he can stay healthy until the deadline, I can see a team take a flyer on him to toughen up for the playoffs.

People were saying Rupp was useless and look what he returned.
Yes, Asham may return something useful. If you don't agree, fine, but come off your high horse, you don't know any better.

Bleed Ranger Blue

Jul 18, 2006
I sure as hell hope so....

Considering we saw Bickel and Asham playing earlier in the season I am not sure I would put it past Torts to play both Asham and Haley.

I thought Haley has been pretty good.

Im in no rush to bring Asham back even if he is healthy

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY
The Rangers will make minor moves unless Sather can get away with a great deal for a rental.

Gaborik and Del Zotto are not going anywhere. The youth is off limits.

I would not be surprised if steve ott is somehow a ranger at the deadline.

And please god no to dan boyle. We do not need an aging defenseman with a high cap hit. A lot of you are frustrated with richards. You'll have the same sentiments with boyle.

LaffyTaffyNYR

Feb 25, 2012
I don't want Boyle.. his cap hit is way too much signed through next year as well and we need money for our RFAs and to bring in depth for our bottom 6, and I'd take Gaborik over Boyle.

frankthefrowner

Jan 13, 2007
Much more interested in Dustin Byfulegin then i am in Evander Kane... Kane is a fine player but Buff is something we are flat out missing from our blue line. He plays like an animal and has a cannon of a shot.

Bleed Ranger Blue

Jul 18, 2006
Much more interested in Dustin Byfulegin then i am in Evander Kane... Kane is a fine player but Buff is something we are flat out missing from our blue line. He plays like an animal and has a cannon of a shot.

And the Rangers conditioning could get better by having to rush to beat him to the buffet.

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL

Buff is lazy and only plays when he feels like it.

Kane is the superior talent and player, especially long-term.

LaffyTaffyNYR

Feb 25, 2012
The Rangers will make minor moves unless Sather can get away with a great deal for a rental.

Gaborik and Del Zotto are not going anywhere. The youth is off limits.

I would not be surprised if steve ott is somehow a ranger at the deadline.

And please god no to dan boyle. We do not need an aging defenseman with a high cap hit. A lot of you are frustrated with richards. You'll have the same sentiments with boyle.

I agree with all of this.. One bottom 6 guy and bringing up Kreider could really help our depth.

Hagelin-Richards-Nash
Kreider-Stepan-Gaborik
Pyatt-Miller-Callahan

already your depth is improved and you have GS ability on all 3 lines.

and the bottom line of Boyle-Halpern-Asham/Haley is not horrible for a 4th line. Thats not even counting bringing in another player for depth.

Kokoschka

May 13, 2012
Looks like COL are going to be massive sellers. Would be interested in Jones, McGinn, McLeod, and, if he can be had for cheap, Milan Hejduk (I mean future considerations+ a 2055 7th cheap, and yeah, that's not happening). Last one is my personal semi-Czech bias, though.

Last edited:

frankthefrowner

Jan 13, 2007
Buff is lazy and only plays when he feels like it.

Kane is the superior talent and player, especially long-term.

Buff definitly brings his lazy play sometimes.. but he his dynamic on the back end ... Kane is damn good but Buff is the need... I think some people just see a black player and assume he is lazy.

gary laser eyes

Apr 6, 2007
Boyle seems lost offensively without his bff Pruster :(. I'd like to see him moved now at the trade deadline where he can still get some value back. A lot of teams would be interested in him. Boyle is a VERY valuable forward if he could consistently pot 15-20 goals a season, but it seems that part of his game is very inconsistent. I'd rather Miller take over that 3rd line C spot and perhaps see how this Lindberg kid makes the transition to NA for next season. He's made some big strides this year.

Boyle as 4th line C is fine, but he is absolutely killing this team's scoring depth playing 3rd line C. Pyatt too has some heavy hands. He should be no more than a 4th line winger. Having both Boyle and Halpern on the team is redundant. Get rid of one of them and ride Miller as your 3rd line C, then acquire a winger at the deadline or call up Kreider. Or both :naughty:

*Bob Richards*

Buff definitly brings his lazy play sometimes.. but he his dynamic on the back end ... Kane is damn good but Buff is the need... I think some people just see a black player and assume he is lazy.

Literally nothing posted suggested this. My God.

pld459666

Feb 27, 2002
Danbury, CT
I agree with all of this.. One bottom 6 guy and bringing up Kreider could really help our depth.

Hagelin-Richards-Nash
Kreider-Stepan-Gaborik
Pyatt-Miller-Callahan

already your depth is improved and you have GS ability on all 3 lines.

and the bottom line of Boyle-Halpern-Asham/Haley is not horrible for a 4th line. Thats not even counting bringing in another player for depth.

get Steve Ott in here and slot him on the 2nd line LW

CK - Richie - Nasher
Otter - D-Step - Gabby
Hags - Millsy - Cap
Pyatt - Halpern - Powe

I think the offense is better spread out this way.

Thirty One

Safe is safe.
Dec 28, 2003
Don't you think it's more reasonable that people see his lazy play (which you mentioned) and then assume that he's lazy?

But the race card is funner.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad