Rumor: Trade Rumours Thread Part V: Gaborik "available"; LeBrun: NYR interested in D. Boyle

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Thirty One

Safe is safe.
Dec 28, 2003
I'm always shocked by some of players there's a market for at the trade deadline. Asham is a playoff-tested player with a small salary commitment. Wouldn't be shocked.

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
I'm always shocked by some of players there's a market for at the trade deadline. Asham is a playoff-tested player with a small salary commitment. Wouldn't be shocked.

I wouldn't be shocked if he was a UFA at years end. With a year left? Hard to take IMO.

Feb 27, 2002
NYC

He can't get on the ice.

They'd be lucky to get anything, let alone "something useful".

Bleed Ranger Blue

Jul 18, 2006

I know what you mean, but theres too much baggage with Asham now considering hes got a year left, and is apparently dealing with the world's longest bout with back spasms.

Rangers are publically saying hes injured, which would kill any perceived trade value. At this point Im not so sure if its just Torts think hes worthless and is keeping him off the ice.

WhiskeyDeke

Shut up, Keith.
Jul 5, 2006
Va
Wow...Komisarek has really fallen off the table. Only 4 games played for TO this year. Is he done already?

Feb 27, 2002
NYC
$1 million is not a lot of money these days. That's 1.5% of next year's cap. If he doesn't make the team it's only a $75,000 cap charge.

You're right that there are guys who move that surprise you (Brian Rolston last year). But teams aren't looking to make commitments to those kind of guys past the end of the season. And Asham hasn't shown that he's healthy. Or will be prior to the deadline.

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
I know what you mean, but theres too much baggage with Asham now considering hes got a year left, and is apparently dealing with the world's longest bout with back spasms.

Rangers are publically saying hes injured, which would kill any perceived trade value. At this point Im not so sure if its just Torts think hes worthless and is keeping him off the ice.

I can speak from experience that if you hurt your lower back (like he did) from just simple exhaustion, it takes weeks to months to full recover. It takes many days with a chiropractor with electroshock therapy and then PT after that. It is close to debilitating and it leaves your back very weak as you can't do much. That is what it sounds like Asham had.

$1 million is not a lot of money these days. That's 1.5% of next year's cap. If he doesn't make the team it's only a $75,000 cap charge.

Very true. I just don't see many teams lining up for Asham. I hope I'm wrong as I like Haley and feel he is just as good, if not better at that role.

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
You're right that there are guys who move that surprise you (Brian Rolston last year). But teams aren't looking to make commitments to those kind of guys past the end of the season. And Asham hasn't shown that he's healthy. Or will be prior to the deadline.

If Asham can get in a few games and prove he is healthy, nothing would surprise me. The Rangers moved Rupp. THAT was surprising.

*Bob Richards*

I can speak from experience that if you hurt your lower back (like he did) from just simple exhaustion, it takes weeks to months to full recover. It takes many days with a chiropractor with electroshock therapy and then PT after that. It is close to debilitating and it leaves your back very weak as you can't do much. That is what it sounds like Asham had.

Very true. I just don't see many teams lining up for Asham. I hope I'm wrong as I like Haley and feel he is just as good, if not better at that role.

I'd definitely want Haley playing over Asham.

Thirty One

Safe is safe.
Dec 28, 2003
Yeah, I would be surprised if a team takes him on willingly, but not shocked.

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
Doubt it. Powe is one of Torts' top PK'ers

Maybe he gives Boyle more time considering that should be a major responsibility of his?

Yeah, I would be surprised if a team takes him on willingly, but not shocked.

Maybe if there was another similar player? Maybe if the Rangers take on a bigger contract that ends after this season?

Chimera for Asham +

Both have another year left? A deal like that maybe? Not saying that specific deal...

Thirty One

Safe is safe.
Dec 28, 2003
Chimera for Asham +

Both have another year left? A deal like that maybe? Not saying that specific deal...
I was thinking maybe a player like Bickel, who's on a one-way deal for next season, but at a salary under the 925K threshold.

Steve Kournianos

@thedraftanalyst
Since I cant watch games here, I'm relegated to watching the 1994 disc set and some Itunes downloads from the 80s and 90s.

It's amazing how skilled the Rangers lower lines used to be. And I'm just talking making tape-to-tape passes and hitting the net. Sad how what used to be a basic play like completing a pass is now a huge deal.

I dont care what defensive system the opponent employs. Speed through the neutral zone with accurrate passes will shred almost any trap/lock/zone.

Some of these trade proposals in favor of trading gaborik are just mind numbing.

A team that lack skill should somehow trade that skill -- All-NHL skill -- for guys like Mike Fisher and Darren Helm?

Gaborik is still a superstar. He's less than one season removed from a postseason all-star team, and he had offseason surgery. I'll hedge my bets with the pure skill guys any day of the week in todays NHL.

The post-Dynasty Canadians were notorious for trading away superstars or scorers because they struggled for a season in that Market. And people wonder why theyve only made the CF once in the last 20 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad