Proposal: Trade Rumours/Proposals PART XXXXX

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Pinto is someone who could move over to RW. Played there at the WJC for the US, I believe, and had a great tournament. Shoots right and has a great shot. Could theoretically go with 3 solid lines if Greig continues to mesh with Giroux and Debrincat:

Tkachuk - Stützle - Pinto
Debrincat - Greig - Giroux
Joseph - Norris - Batherson
possible I don't see them putting Norris on the 3rd line.

DaveMatthew

Bring in Peter
Apr 13, 2005
Ott
possible I don't see them putting Norris on the 3rd line.

How lines are laid out on paper doesn't mean much. That line would still play 17+ minutes a night, and Norris would be probably be on the top PP.

There was a time when one of Hossa, Alfredsson or Havlat was one our "3rd line".

It's more about matching skillsets.

Norris, a shooter, with Batherson, a playmaker.
Debrincat, a shooter, with Giroux, a playmaker.

Tkachuk and Stützle do it all. Pinto is more of a shooter.

Reactions: bicboi64 and Cosmix

DrEasy

Out rumptackling
Oct 3, 2010
Stützville
Pinto is someone who could move over to RW. Played there at the WJC for the US, I believe, and had a great tournament. Shoots right and has a great shot. Could theoretically go with 3 solid lines if Greig continues to mesh with Giroux and Debrincat:

Tkachuk - Stützle - Pinto
Debrincat - Greig - Giroux
Joseph - Norris - Batherson
When Norris is back I would just reunite the Chuck Norris line, since that seemed to work, and gave Batherson a good line to work on. Right now Batherson is not trusted due to his (new) defensive limitations. Norris would alleviate that. Then we can send Joseph down to the 3rd line.

Chuck - Norris - Bath <- this we know works
Greig - Stu - Giroux <- if Cat is traded
Motte - Pinto - Joseph <- this we know works. I'm all for bringing Motte back if no Formenton

If we keep Cat then Greig slides down. But I don't like having Cat - Stu - Giroux together, it's too much of the same on the same line.

Alex1234

Oct 14, 2014
Am I crazy to think this team needs another offensive defenseman more than anything else? We've been talking about defensive help at the RD position but is it possible a LD who can produce offense would help this team more?

Looking at the point distributions on the blueline of the top teams in the league, they all have their top guys but the they also have balanced contributions from 2-4. Some even a little deeper than that. As things stand today in Ottawa, Chabot has 8 goals and the rest of the defensemen, combined, have 9.

Even on teams where there's 1 guy head and shoulders above all the other D in scoring, they still don't have such a crazy discrepancy like that. We have Chabot + Sanderson outscoring the rest of the D by 49 to 34, which is just nuts.
We need more offense then defence right now that's a given

Bet it's Dumba to OTT, Chychrun to MIN, picks/prospects from both teams + Zaitsev to ARZ.
We should wait for Nick Jensen in the summer
No cost and better than Dumba

Reactions: Joeyjoejoe

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
3-way trades feel like they almost exclusively happen for cap retention purposes. If MIN is trading for Chychrun, why do they need OTT to be involved at all? They have the cap space today to take Chychrun with no money going back. They can figure out next year's cap in the offseason, no?

The Wild reportedly don't want to re-sign Dumba but also don't want to lose him for nothing.

They also already have a full defense and if they are adding Chychrun it makes sense to deal Dumba for assets to help make up for some of the futures that will be traded to AZ.

Que

What?
Feb 12, 2017
Mind Prison
I’m the big trades guy and right now I’m holding my cards.

If they win two or three in a row after the All-star break then by all means upgrade something short term.

But hands off Kleven.

ALL THESE PROSPECTS COULD BE YOURS, EXCEPT KLEVEN.
ATTEMPT NO TRADING THERE.
KEEP THEM TOGETHER. USE THEM IN HARMONY.

- 2001 A Space Odyssey or something

Reactions: Ice-Tray

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
Am I crazy to think this team needs another offensive defenseman more than anything else? We've been talking about defensive help at the RD position but is it possible a LD who can produce offense would help this team more?

Looking at the point distributions on the blueline of the top teams in the league, they all have their top guys but the they also have balanced contributions from 2-4. Some even a little deeper than that. As things stand today in Ottawa, Chabot has 8 goals and the rest of the defensemen, combined, have 9.

Even on teams where there's 1 guy head and shoulders above all the other D in scoring, they still don't have such a crazy discrepancy like that. We have Chabot + Sanderson outscoring the rest of the D by 49 to 34, which is just nuts.

I think an offensive oriented RD like Karlsson would be great to have and would super-power our ES offense. Our ES offense is currently weak and such a D would be an excellent addition.

Reactions: DrEasy

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
Getting an offensive bottom pairing dman would be a good improvement just based off the bolded. At the same time though we need another defensive/good two way dman to put on the pairing that Zub isnt on
I would rather get an offensively gifted #1 RD to increase ES scoring.

The Senators are no longer in a position where they can take advantage of this.

If you're signing DeBrincat [8M?], bridging Pinto [2M?], plugging in a backup that can handle a decent amount of NHL games [2M?], and filling out the fourth line [1M] then you are pretty much capped out at 82M. That total doesn't even account for the need to add at least one more forward and two more defensemen.

People want to dump Zaitsev to open up 4.5M of cap space, but the Senators are asset poor. Doesn't really seem like the pieces are there to both dump Zaitsev and add a top-4 defenseman, which is typically not cheap.

It's going to be very tough to improve the roster.
We can spend futures (prospects and draft picks) to dump Zaitsev to gain Cap room.

BankStreetParade

Jan 22, 2013
Ottawa
The Wild reportedly don't want to re-sign Dumba but also don't want to lose him for nothing.

They also already have a full defense and if they are adding Chychrun it makes sense to deal Dumba for assets to help make up for some of the futures that will be traded to AZ.
He has a 10-team NTC, have to imagine all the usual suspects are on that list. Either way, a 3-way trade doesn't really benefit the team receiving Dumba. Why pay assets to ARI for them to trade Chychrun to MIN who want to dump Dumba because they have no room for him next year? The only way that makes any sense to me is a 3-team passthrough trade to retain on Dumba and send him to a cap-strapped contender, like, say, Boston.

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
He has a 10-team NTC, have to imagine all the usual suspects are on that list. Either way, a 3-way trade doesn't really benefit the team receiving Dumba. Why pay assets to ARI for them to trade Chychrun to MIN who want to dump Dumba because they have no room for him next year? The only way that makes any sense to me is a 3-team passthrough trade to retain on Dumba and send him to a cap-strapped contender, like, say, Boston.

Wild have no need for Dumba if they are adding Chychrun
Yotes have no need for Dumba because they are tanking
Sens want Dumba because they think he's still a good defenseman

Wild could trade Dumba + 1st + more to ARZ for Chychrun, then ARZ could immediately deal Dumba to Ottawa for more picks/prospects, especially if they agree to take on Zaitsev as well.

BankStreetParade

Jan 22, 2013
Ottawa
Wild have no need for Dumba if they are adding Chychrun
Yotes have no need for Dumba because they are tanking
Sens want Dumba because they think he's still a good defenseman

Wild could trade Dumba + 1st + more to ARZ for Chychrun, then ARZ could immediately deal Dumba to Ottawa for more picks/prospects, especially if they agree to take on Zaitsev as well.
Dumba has a 10-team NTC. What are the chances neither ARI or OTT are on the list or that he's willing to waive his NTC to end up here?

DaveMatthew

Bring in Peter
Apr 13, 2005
Ott
Dumba has a 10-team NTC. What are the chances neither ARI or OTT are on the list or that he's willing to waive his NTC to end up here?

Dumba’a agent should have a hard conversation with him. There aren’t many teams out there that would be all that interested in trading for him AND handing him a top 4 role.

A strong end to the season might rehabilitate some of his value, and playing with Sanderson could help him with that.

I’m sure he wants one more good contract. His stock is only dropping in Minnesota.

Personally, I’d stay away if I was Ottawa. But it seems like they’re interested.

Ouroboros

There is no armour against Fate
Feb 3, 2008
Michael Russo - who is pretty plugged in when it comes to the Wild - has been adamant that they aren't interested in Chychrun. He's also said that there is essentially zero interest in Dumba around the league, and Minny have had basically no luck drumming up a market for him.

Sensmileletsgo

Oct 22, 2018
Michael Russo - who is pretty plugged in when it comes to the Wild - has been adamant that they aren't interested in Chychrun. He's also said that there is essentially zero interest in Dumba around the league, and Minny have had basically no luck drumming up a market for him.
Is Dumba not good anymore? I thought he was a really valuable player not to long ago.

bicboi64

Aug 13, 2020
Brampton
Is Dumba not good anymore? I thought he was a really valuable player not to long ago.
He's not bad by any means, but he went from a solid #2 defender, to someone who's not exactly very good at any part of the game. He'll be needing a new contract that won't be worth what he currently brings to the table compared to what he's been able to in the past.

Samboni

Jan 26, 2014
IMO its all conjecture till the facts come out and the roles they played. I have heard all the conjecture .. but I am going to wait until something substantial comes out. When Formenton signed in the Swiss it was told that Formenton is cooperating with all parties and there is no reason to no presume his innocence was feed back from Hockey Canada and the NHL. Sure Dorion and the board were cautious but thats all it tells me. Formenton could be John Doe 1 in all of this as well.. now if thats the case what he did according to every report available may be seen as stupid maybe and to some immoral but not illegal .. I think the 5 that are mentioned that could face charges would not include John Doe 1 and possibly not John Doe 2 .. Maybe things went too far after that .,.. who the f knows but its all guess work no matter what. I am not saying he is innocent .. I am just saying .. he may be absolved. I am hoping he is.
As the father of an 18 year old girl, the alleged incident (which i believe is true) sickens and disgusts me. There’s a problem with junior hockey players and people need to be held accountable. A slap on the wrist does nothing for the victim and only serves the perpetrators. IMO, all players involved in the incident should be permanently banned from North American pro hockey! If that includes Formenton, then too bad. So what if he’s a good player, the team will survive without him.

• Love
Reactions: Laphroaig and NB613

BankStreetParade

Jan 22, 2013
Ottawa
Dumba’a agent should have a hard conversation with him. There aren’t many teams out there that would be all that interested in trading for him AND handing him a top 4 role.

A strong end to the season might rehabilitate some of his value, and playing with Sanderson could help him with that.

I’m sure he wants one more good contract. His stock is only dropping in Minnesota.

Personally, I’d stay away if I was Ottawa. But it seems like they’re interested.
His agent is Oster at Newport, who knows full well that the UFA market overpays for RHD every year. Especially when the selection at that position is going to be paper thin. I don't think Dumba needs to do anything unless he wants to end up with a contender of some sort as a depth piece.

Like I said, the most likely scenario I see is a pass-through trade with a team that has cap space like Ottawa. We retain 25%-50% in exchange for a couple of sweeteners. We offload Talbot and a couple of depth pieces and the money works out to be the same at the end of the year.

I just don't see any reason to pay any sort of price for Dumba when we're a) not a lock to make the playoffs and b) able to bid on him in the summer like everyone else.

Reactions: Alex1234 and Cosmix

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa

There is no doubt that the Sens need to upgrade one of their top 2 RD; however, I am not sure that Dumba is the RD we need. Dumb might be an upgrade on Zaitsev but I think we need a better offensively skilled RD.

Masterplan

May 9, 2022
Frig, that's Dorion's sweet spot. He's going to over pay too isn't he...

stempniaksen

Oct 12, 2008
I've been very anti-Dumba this whole time, but if his value is basically zero maybe the Sens can shuffle some bodies around at the deadline to bring him in. Trade the UFA's for mid picks and then use some of that ammo to move for Dumba. Becomes a free audition for him next to Sanderson/Chabot.

OUT: Talbot, Holden, Hamonic, Watson, Motte
IN: Dumba, JBD (full-time), Greig (full-time), Luchinni/Chartier/Sabourin, Goalie off waivers (Ned? Khudobin?)

Tkachuk - Stutzle - Batherson
DeBrincat - Greig - Giroux
Brassard - Pinto - Joseph
Kelly - Kastelic - Gambrell
Luchinni/Chartier/Sabourin

Chabot - Zub
Sandy - Dumba
Brannstrom - JBD
Larsson/Waivers

Forsberg
Khudobin/Ned/ect

Depth is blah, but not much more than the current roster. Might leave Belleville a little short as well, especially if they move Talbot without finding a replacement. That being said, I'm more interested in seeing a Dumba trial run than I would be keeping Watson/Holden/Hamonic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad