Proposal: Trade Rumours/Proposals PART XXXXX

Status
Not open for further replies.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
If we trade Cat for Roy, I really hope a lot more pieces are coming back that help us fill depth with quality players in addition to a first rounder/their best prospect who isn't Clarke
Stop this lol

Hypothetically if we pick win the lotto and pick top 3, and pick any of Bedard, Fantilli, or Carlsson, who would you trade to improve defense?
Bath

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
I'm worried that the 4 game win streak might allow Dorion to make a short-sighted short-term acquisition now.

Really hope the Board handcuffs his ability to trade futures for immediate help until new ownership is in place.

Pagnotta had us linked to Dumba, Roy, Walker, Ekholm and Gavrikov

Only one I'd be interested in is Roy.

Ekholm is too old. Gavrikov would cost a 1st+ at the deadline, Dumba may cost something similar and Walker is just more of the same and wouldn't fix the D issues at all.

Reactions: Pinto Bean

BankStreetParade

Jan 22, 2013
Ottawa
Am I crazy to think this team needs another offensive defenseman more than anything else? We've been talking about defensive help at the RD position but is it possible a LD who can produce offense would help this team more?

Looking at the point distributions on the blueline of the top teams in the league, they all have their top guys but the they also have balanced contributions from 2-4. Some even a little deeper than that. As things stand today in Ottawa, Chabot has 8 goals and the rest of the defensemen, combined, have 9.

Even on teams where there's 1 guy head and shoulders above all the other D in scoring, they still don't have such a crazy discrepancy like that. We have Chabot + Sanderson outscoring the rest of the D by 49 to 34, which is just nuts.

Reactions: Cosmix and NB613

TheNewEra

Jul 10, 2013
Am I crazy to think this team needs another offensive defenseman more than anything else? We've been talking about defensive help at the RD position but is it possible a LD who can produce offense would help this team more?

Looking at the point distributions on the blueline of the top teams in the league, they all have their top guys but the they also have balanced contributions from 2-4. Some even a little deeper than that. As things stand today in Ottawa, Chabot has 8 goals and the rest of the defensemen, combined, have 9.

Even on teams where there's 1 guy head and shoulders above all the other D in scoring, they still don't have such a crazy discrepancy like that. We have Chabot + Sanderson outscoring the rest of the D by 49 to 34, which is just nuts.
Getting an offensive bottom pairing dman would be a good improvement just based off the bolded. At the same time though we need another defensive/good two way dman to put on the pairing that Zub isnt on

Reactions: bicboi64

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Because you don't like Schneider or because you really like Pinto?

I haven't watched Schneider close enough to be willing to pull that trade off, but it seems a to structurally be similar to Foligno for Methot.

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
Because you don't like Schneider or because you really like Pinto?

I haven't watched Schneider close enough to be willing to pull that trade off, but it seems a to structurally be similar to Foligno for Methot.
I actually like Schneider but it’s no sure thing he develops into a top 4. We need a sure fire top 4 RD not someone who may eventually become one.

bicboi64

Aug 13, 2020
Brampton
I'd move Pinto in a heartbeat for Miller on NYR. I'd want to see more of Schneider before moving him there. Don't want to compromise our centre depth unless we get a surefire return

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
if you are trading Pinto then you might as well go out and get Chyrchun

I would rather go for a number 3/4 guy like NJ did with Marino than give up Pinto

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
I'd move Pinto in a heartbeat for Miller on NYR. I'd want to see more of Schneider before moving him there. Don't want to compromise our centre depth unless we get a surefire return
I mean, sure. Miller is a 22 min a night Dman at 23 yrs old, Pinto has yet to establish himself as more than a third line center. That said, we don't need another LHD.

As much as we'd like to get a return on Pinto based on his potential, we can't have it both ways, we either have to accept potential back or sacrifice a bit of top end for someone established.

I was listening to Mann on coming in hot, and he mentioned Greig never really played LW outside of WJC, lots of people were slotting him in as a future LW but he really plays like a center to me. I don't really see anyone up the middle who I think ideally slides to the wing, so I figure we'll be trading someone.

armani

High Jacques
Apr 8, 2005
Uranus
the-anticipation-is-33c1ef1376.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: NB613

DrEasy

Out rumptackling
Oct 3, 2010
Stützville

E-van Bou-chard!

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
Just passing this along but don’t think anything is close / imminent.

There’s been lots of noise about a 3 way trade internally. Or something like 2 trades in quick succession.

If I get anything more of note I’ll pass it along.

Bet it's Dumba to OTT, Chychrun to MIN, picks/prospects from both teams + Zaitsev to ARZ.

BankStreetParade

Jan 22, 2013
Ottawa
Bet it's Dumba to OTT, Chychrun to MIN, picks/prospects from both teams + Zaitsev to ARZ.
3-way trades feel like they almost exclusively happen for cap retention purposes. If MIN is trading for Chychrun, why do they need OTT to be involved at all? They have the cap space today to take Chychrun with no money going back. They can figure out next year's cap in the offseason, no?

Reactions: NB613

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
I would say less then 25%. The information that is out in the public seems to be heavily pointing at him, and the people that dug into it on the main forum have him as one of the five players. Now obviously this is not actual evidence but this coupled with him not releasing a statement, plus no contract being agreed to says a lot imo

On the team canada note im guessing the logistics is to figure out what to do with the other players that were identified since they are under contract atm
IMO its all conjecture till the facts come out and the roles they played. I have heard all the conjecture .. but I am going to wait until something substantial comes out. When Formenton signed in the Swiss it was told that Formenton is cooperating with all parties and there is no reason to no presume his innocence was feed back from Hockey Canada and the NHL. Sure Dorion and the board were cautious but thats all it tells me. Formenton could be John Doe 1 in all of this as well.. now if thats the case what he did according to every report available may be seen as stupid maybe and to some immoral but not illegal .. I think the 5 that are mentioned that could face charges would not include John Doe 1 and possibly not John Doe 2 .. Maybe things went too far after that .,.. who the f knows but its all guess work no matter what. I am not saying he is innocent .. I am just saying .. he may be absolved. I am hoping he is.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Just looking at it for next year ideally we have our top 9 set in some combination of
Tkachuk/Stutzle/Giroux/Debrincat/Norris/Batherson/Joseph/Pinto/Greig

So a top 4 dman, maybe a goalie with term if we are trading talbot, or a good 4th line player (this should be at the very end of the list). Its why personally i wouldnt mind resigning Motte.

Sens should treat this deadline like how some MLB teams. Sell the pieces that arent needed but add to the weak areas when/where possible

It will be interesting next year. When Norris is back. I would like to see Greig play his off wing with Stutzle and Tkachuk .. over Joseph. Greig's IQ is so much better and his skills are as well. Joseph slides back with Pinto and Batherson on left wing ; in that case and he is much more of a bottom 6 player than a top 6 player. If we could possibly get a better winger than Joseph to play with them I think it would bode well .. I would not be surprised to see Ostapchuk be that but he will need some AHL time. I like Motte was well. He would help in the bottom 6.

Its pretty cool to see Greig step into that 2nd line and build instant chemistry with Giroux especially and DeBrincat. Hope to see that continue.

Reactions: DrEasy

OD99

Oct 13, 2012
IMO its all conjecture till the facts come out and the roles they played. I have heard all the conjecture .. but I am going to wait until something substantial comes out. When Formenton signed in the Swiss it was told that Formenton is cooperating with all parties and there is no reason to no presume his innocence was feed back from Hockey Canada and the NHL. Sure Dorion and the board were cautious but thats all it tells me. Formenton could be John Doe 1 in all of this as well.. now if thats the case what he did according to every report available may be seen as stupid maybe and to some immoral but not illegal .. I think the 5 that are mentioned that could face charges would not include John Doe 1 and possibly not John Doe 2 .. Maybe things went too far after that .,.. who the f knows but its all guess work no matter what. I am not saying he is innocent .. I am just saying .. he may be absolved. I am hoping he is.
This is the only stance to take IMO.

TheNewEra

Jul 10, 2013
Oh dont get me wrong i hope whoever is innocent gets absolved. But in terms of odds i would put it low thats all.

Reactions: Alex1234

DaveMatthew

Bring in Peter
Apr 13, 2005
Ott
It will be interesting next year. When Norris is back. I would like to see Greig play his off wing with Stutzle and Tkachuk .. over Joseph. Greig's IQ is so much better and his skills are as well. Joseph slides back with Pinto and Batherson on left wing ; in that case and he is much more of a bottom 6 player than a top 6 player. If we could possibly get a better winger than Joseph to play with them I think it would bode well .. I would not be surprised to see Ostapchuk be that but he will need some AHL time. I like Motte was well. He would help in the bottom 6.

Its pretty cool to see Greig step into that 2nd line and build instant chemistry with Giroux especially and DeBrincat. Hope to see that continue.

Pinto is someone who could move over to RW. Played there at the WJC for the US, I believe, and had a great tournament. Shoots right and has a great shot. Could theoretically go with 3 solid lines if Greig continues to mesh with Giroux and Debrincat:

Tkachuk - Stützle - Pinto
Debrincat - Greig - Giroux
Joseph - Norris - Batherson

Reactions: Sens in Process
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad