Proposal: Trade Rumours/Proposals PART XXXXX

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wallet Inspector

Jan 19, 2013
Sens are back to being bottom 10 in goals for

The result of bad coaching and bad depth(injuries have partially contributed to this though)

Reactions: NB613

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Ottawa has the assets to make a trade for Dumba, but it should come with a short term extension & I'm not really sure what he is worth. I don't think he is worth the $6 mil he is getting this yr & I don't think he is worth our top prospect or 1st rd pick. A 3 way with Phoenix makes sense if we can include Zaitsev, but Dumba is not the overall answer for the future, he fills a need now.

SweSensFan

Feb 15, 2019
Ottawa has the assets to make a trade for Dumba, but it should come with a short term extension & I'm not really sure what he is worth. I don't think he is worth the $6 mil he is getting this yr & I don't think he is worth our top prospect or 1st rd pick. A 3 way with Phoenix makes sense if we can include Zaitsev, but Dumba is not the overall answer for the future, he fills a need now.
What need does he fill now? We are not making the playoffs this year so just stay away from desperate moves and find a quality top 4 D in the summer...

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
What need does he fill now? We are not making the playoffs this year so just stay away from desperate moves and find a quality top 4 D in the summer...
We will still need a Top 4 RD for next season, who will be available over the summer? I also wouldn't give up that much, maybe someone who was a first rd pick, but isn't really working out like Thomson or Brannstrom & a pick.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Of course he is. He's a talented kid with an excellent shot.

This team still seems to believe that bottom 6 players should all be two-way defensively responsible players, ignoring that times have changed and you need scoring in the bottom 6 to succeed in this league.

We'd rather play someone like Gambrell who contributes absolutely nothing offensively because he hustles and plays adequate defense.

I could understand not claiming Tolvanen if we were trying out someone like Sokolov, who has been producing very well in the AHL, but we won't even give him a shot and will call-up plugs with no future like Lucchini and Chartier instead because "they fit".
I think the issue is that our bottom six is NOT two way lol. They’re mostly no way players with some being ok defensively

Bileur

Jun 15, 2004
Ottawa

This team still seems to believe that bottom 6 players should all be two-way defensively responsible players, ignoring that times have changed and you need scoring in the bottom 6 to succeed in this league.

We'd rather play someone like Gambrell who contributes absolutely nothing offensively because he hustles and plays adequate defense.

I could understand not claiming Tolvanen if we were trying out someone like Sokolov, who has been producing very well in the AHL, but we won't even give him a shot and will call-up plugs with no future like Lucchini and Chartier instead because "they fit".

They seem to miss that « two way » requires offensive skill too.

Reactions: NB613

BankStreetParade

Jan 22, 2013
Ottawa

It's funny, the coach in Belleville didn't seem to think Sokolov had earned a callup over Lucchini and Chartier. But what does he know, right?

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
I would rather get a better D for next season than Dumba. Easy to say but hard to do.

or at the TDL if one becomes available at the right price.

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
I would rather get a better D for next season than Dumba. Easy to say but hard to do.

Beyond the potential over payment, that's the issue I have with acquiring Dumba. It basically locks us in with no option to pivot if something better comes up, which we all surely hope does.

The Devilish Buffoon

Dec 24, 2018
Only reasonable RHD target I'd be interested in is Murphy from Chicago. I'd also look at their forwards for a cheap add, like Athanasiou, Lafferty, Kurashev, Blackwell, or (less cheap) Raddysh.

None of them are especially good but the bottom 6 clearly needs help, and clearly needs more depth to prepare for injuries.
Chabot for Chychurun. Which teams says no first?
Hopefully Ottawa

Reactions: bert

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004

Yes, that's the question who will be available who will come here who will be better at RD than Dumba? If they miss out on Dumba & no one else becomes availabe then what? People will shit on PD for not making the deal as they always do, he's gonna get shit on if he makes a move or doesn't make a move.

Reactions: Laphroaig

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Yes, that's the question who will be available who will come here who will be better at RD than Dumba? If they miss out on Dumba & no one else becomes availabe then what? People will shit on PD for not making the deal as they always do, he's gonna get shit on if he makes a move or doesn't make a move.
Dorion should not make a deal at the expense of picks and prospects for a UFA D. Its a desperation move and he is a lame duck GM.

Dionysus

Oct 7, 2007
Around the bend
I'll add that a big reason for Seattle's success is their ability to outscore their defense and goaltending problems.

They have added offense-first players like Sprong, Donato and Tolvanen on cheap contracts and those 3 combined have 27 goals, 22 assists and 49 points.

I'm skeptical about how much those players will benefit a team in the playoffs, and if you're a contender you can be picky and choose to have a bottom 6 filled with more defensive-oriented players, but we're not at that point at all.
Seatle has 4 lines that can score, very strong team. Would be nice to have half of that scoring depth.

Reactions: bicboi64

BankStreetParade

Jan 22, 2013
Ottawa
Seatle has 4 lines that can score, very strong team. Would be nice to have half of that scoring depth.
We have depth though but injuries and an unsigned RFA have f***ed it. Norris in the lineup pushes Pinto into the bottom 6. Take out Brassard, Lucchini/Chartier, Gambrell and one of Kelly or Watson and swap in Pinto, Formenton, Motte and Joseph.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Dorion should not make a deal at the expense of picks and prospects for a UFA D. Its a desperation move and he is a lame duck GM.
First, we don't know he is a lame duck that is really only on here so far, we haven't heard anything from legit sources that say his job is in jeopardy. And second they are looking for a D, that we have heard, if not Dumba than who & to be clear I'm not advocating for Dumba.

Dionysus

Oct 7, 2007
Around the bend
elliott on 32 thoughts stil thinks ottawa is adding a defensemen even if its a rental. want to show the team that they are serious about improving the team this year lmao

Don't see how thos group has earned it. They played themselves out of the playoffs in November again.

Closer to a top 5 pick than the playoffs. Not all on the players, roster construction and coaching poor as well. Desperation move is a terrible idea though.

Reactions: NB613 and bicboi64
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad