Proposal: Trade Rumours/Proposals PART XXXXX

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
First, we don't know he is a lame duck that is really only on here so far, we haven't heard anything from legit sources that say his job is in jeopardy. And second they are looking for a D, that we have heard, if not Dumba than who & to be clear I'm not advocating for Dumba.

Not sure who we'd hear that from when its speculation that new owners would want their own hockey ops management. Who would say that beyond speculating? I think its a good guess that would be the case. We have heard Dorion looking at Dumba. And now we have heard he could be willing to take on a UFA for the rest of the year. IMO Dorion should not be giving up assets to land Dumba with new Owners coming in.. Its a strange period but with the sale being imminent I don't think Dorion should be doing too much. If they give us Dumba and we don't give up a 1st, a 2nd, Greig, Ostapchuk, Kleven or JBD . I'd listen to that.

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
There is no chance we give up a prized asset for Dumba.

I mean I could be made to eat my words, but I just don’t see a trend in that direction at all with this management group.

I could see a lesser prospect like Tompson perhaps though. Anyways, I wouldn’t want to pay for Chychrun, and everyone that could be available in the summer seems like a gamble, some that could work, but we don’t seem to do well with those right now.

Anyone else out of Russia? Not likely given the climate.

I’m ok with DBC being the crunch big ticket signing, and then we use the increasing cap space over the next few years to continue to upgrade D. Backwards perhaps, but I don’t agree with making big changes to the build half way at the expense of the good players we already have.

I would change coaching staffs before ever giving up on the group of players, that’s a given.

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
elliott on 32 thoughts stil thinks ottawa is adding a defensemen even if its a rental. want to show the team that they are serious about improving the team this year lmao

So he's willing to sell futures for a rental on a non-playoff team but he was unwilling to can the coach in November when the wheels were coming off?

A real gem we have here.

Reactions: NB613 and Skid

Sun God Nika

Palestine <3.
Apr 22, 2013
First, we don't know he is a lame duck that is really only on here so far, we haven't heard anything from legit sources that say his job is in jeopardy. And second they are looking for a D, that we have heard, if not Dumba than who & to be clear I'm not advocating for Dumba.

You don't need legit sources.

New owners will owe him nothing. They are going to look at his resume and it speaks for itself. They will also know the only reason he got the job was because the previous owner was cheap.

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
This is the type of thing I'm thinking about when I reference moving Chabot with a 5 AAV d man coming back.

Chychrun has had some health issues. Is any of that a chronic problem? Otherwise I'd do this in a heartbeat. Immediately we'd be better defensively. Brannstrom and Sanderson can man the PP. We'd save 3+M on the cap which gets us over the two year hump until the cap rises.

Frankly I'd say Arizona says no to this.

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
If they give us Dumba and we don't give up a 1st, a 2nd, Greig, Ostapchuk, Kleven or JBD . I'd listen to that.
So the only way you'd know if they'd do that is to make the call and do the due diligence right?

GMs talk to one another all the time. It's what they're supposed to do. Talking media heads talk. That's what they're supposed to do. And I suppose this is a message board for people to swap ideas and speculate. So I guess all is right with the world. Everyone is doing their job.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
If they give us Dumba and we don't give up a 1st, a 2nd, Greig, Ostapchuk, Kleven or JBD . I'd listen to that.
I'd consider giving up Joseph and a 2nd rd pick for him, can't be worse than Hamonic, can he? The real question is how much does it cost to re-sign him. If we can get him signed for a Zub like deal does that make sense given his current level of play? I'll be honest, I haven't watched enough of the wild lately to have a good grasp on how bad he's been and whether he's likely to rebound orif this is just the new Dumba.

Reactions: aragorn

UglyPuckling

May 14, 2021
Chabot for Chychurun. Which teams says no first?

I would do this only if we have a side deal done to bring back Karlsson.

Chychrun-EK65
Sanderson-Zub
Salary cap issues -> adds $8.1 m of cap.

IN: EK 11.5 + Chychrun 4.6 = $16.1 m

OUT: Chabot $8 m

Wouldn't work without large adjustments like not resigning Debrincat, or significant retaining from the Sharks (which would result in other costs & assets lost).

Wondercarrot

By The Power of Canadian Tire Centre
Jul 2, 2002
I'd consider giving up Joseph and a 2nd rd pick for him, can't be worse than Hamonic, can he? The real question is how much does it cost to re-sign him. If we can get him signed for a Zub like deal does that make sense given his current level of play? I'll be honest, I haven't watched enough of the wild lately to have a good grasp on how bad he's been and whether he's likely to rebound orif this is just the new Dumba.

I don’t want Dumba but I’d trade Joseph for a him or another UFA for sure, I wouldn’t add anything to it.
Gives us more cap flexibility in the summer.

Reactions: bicboi64

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
elliott on 32 thoughts stil thinks ottawa is adding a defensemen even if its a rental. want to show the team that they are serious about improving the team this year lmao

I predicted this at the beginning of the year.

Friggin Dorion, where was this urgency to acquire D earlier on? Getting Dumba or anyone else would've helped earlier on in the season.

Unfortunately, I predicted this tp happen early December. Dorion missed the ****ing boat with the timing. Little too late now. Always been a man of action after the fact, never proactively.

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009

Unfortunately, I predicted this tp happen early December. Dorion missed the ****ing boat with the timing. Little too late now. Always been a man of action after the fact, never proactively.

It’s weird Dorion overpays for certain players (Stepan, Hamonic, Debrincat) and sells off assets below value (Paul, Brown, Stone) but he won’t overpay or undersell for a Dman.

His job is on the line and he won’t do what this team has needed done for 15 years and trade for depth on D. Bizarre

Reactions: ReginKarlssonLehner

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
It’s weird Dorion overpays for certain players (Stepan, Hamonic, Debrincat) and sells off assets below value (Paul, Brown, Stone) but he won’t overpay or undersell for a Dman.

His job is on the line and he won’t do what this team has needed done for 15 years and trade for depth on D. Bizarre

Always forces himself into a corner and then tries to claw out desperately. You said it well, even if we needed to oversell for something we really needed, he didn't make it happen.

His inability to get that top 4 D will lose him what could have been a turnaround reputation.

Fail.

Reactions: Bileur

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
Always forces himself into a corner and then tries to claw out desperately. You said it well, even if we needed to oversell for something we really needed, he didn't make it happen.

His inability to get that top 4 D will lose him what could have been a turnaround reputation.

Fail.

It’s like building a house and not putting the shingles on the roof, you’re shit is never going to stop leaking as you spruce up the garden with offensive players who don’t play 5 on 5 hockey and only show up when there are Power Plays.

He wanted a hard team and he’s got a bunch of PP floaters

Reactions: Icelevel

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
This is the type of thing I'm thinking about when I reference moving Chabot with a 5 AAV d man coming back.

Chychrun has had some health issues. Is any of that a chronic problem? Otherwise I'd do this in a heartbeat. Immediately we'd be better defensively. Brannstrom and Sanderson can man the PP. We'd save 3+M on the cap which gets us over the two year hump until the cap rises.

Frankly I'd say Arizona says no to this.
Brannstrom sucks. He has 2 goals in 154 games. His shot couldnt rip through a wet paper bag. You think the team gets better with him replacing Chabot on the pp?

Chychrun has been one of the most injury proned players in hockey. He also will go to several doctors until they give him the evaluation he wants. He is playing with 0 pressure. Lastly if he does magically stay healthy and plays to chabots level he is going to cost more than Chabot anyway in 2 years.

Last edited:
Reactions: Senovision

PoutineSp00nZ

Electricity is really just organized lightning.
Jul 21, 2009
Ottawa

Dorion overpayed for Debrincat?

That seemed like a pretty damned good trade for the Sens to me.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Brannstrom sucks. He has 2 goals in 154 games. His shot couldnt rip theough a wet paper bag. You think the team gets better with him replacing Chabot on the pp?

Chychrun has been one of the most injury proned players in hockey. He also will go to several doctors until they give him the evaluation he wants. He is playing with 0 pressure. Lastly if he does magically stay healthy and plays to chabots level he is going to cost more than Chabot anyway in 2 years.

There is absolutely no shot Arizona says no. 0 chance.
Besides if you happen to do that trade .. Chychrun is on one of your PPs and probably PP1.

Reactions: bert

UglyPuckling

May 14, 2021

As a reminder, the Senators currently have $2.9 m of cap space per CapFriendly). Very early in the season, it was about $3.9 IIRC.

Yes, would be nice to upgrade (RD, wherever), but some of the ideas floating around here wouldn't work (this is a general comment).

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
Brannstrom sucks. He has 2 goals in 154 games. His shot couldnt rip through a wet paper bag. You think the team gets better with him replacing Chabot on the pp?

Brannstrom is a very efficient puckmover who makes less defensive mistakes than supposed defensive D like Hamonic or Holden.

He's a solid bottom pairing D. Even DJ Smith doesn't think he sucks and he's a dinosaur.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
You don't need legit sources.

New owners will owe him nothing. They are going to look at his resume and it speaks for itself. They will also know the only reason he got the job was because the previous owner was cheap.
This is an opinion not a fact.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad