Proposal: Trade Rumours/Proposals PART XXXXX

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Dumba reminds of Phaneuf he will have a few great highlights of open ice hits through the year that gets you excited about his game. However, once he is on your team you will quickly notice how many times he is caught out of position tying to make some of those hits leading to poor defensive play and poor decision making.
Phaneuf skated in cement compared to Dumba

DrEasy

Out rumptackling
Oct 3, 2010
Stützville
Bowers was only drafted drafted 4 months earlier and would have played maybe a dozen games since, to wright him off as not part of the value given up is highly dubious regardless of whether management felt he was expendable or not. They probably would have felt Jokiharju, Timmons, Hague or Robertson were expendable too at that point had they drafted them instead, just because prospect busts doesn't mean they didn't carey value in a trade at that time,
Yeah, either Bowers was a good pick and the Front Office F'd up giving him up in that trade along with the rest of the assets, or he was a bad pick (and therefore expendable in that trade) which means the Front Office F'd up drafting him that high.

Que

What?
Feb 12, 2017
Mind Prison
If Pettersson is actually set on leaving Vancouver, and would come to Ottawa... as much as I love Debrincat... you need to offer him up to see if there's interest from Vancouver.

As an ex-Vancouverite, I feel bad for them... but, man oh man, every team in the league would be lipping their chops for a shot at EP.

Made no sense on day 1.

I think Batherson is the odd man out and would be more valuable to Vancouver than Cat.

That being said I am on record here multiple times saying that after peak McDavid in two years that Stützle and Pettersson will be the most talented and possibly highest scoring forwards in the league.

I would go all out for Petey. Like no protection on this years 1st out.

Que

What?
Feb 12, 2017
Mind Prison
The nice part about Dumba is he does play with edge, he can shoot and handle the puck. He brings intensity that outside of Hamonic our defence really lacks. I mean this is the guy who fought Brady (and kinda won) after blowing up Jimmy to start our first losing spell this season.

The cost to acquire him as a pending free agent is what scares me. But a 3 way deal with Arizona would make a ton of sense.

Minny gets Chychrun with retention. Ottawa gets Dumba. Arizona gets Zaitsev and picks and prospects from both Minny and Ottawa.

Reactions: Crosside and NB613

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
If the price is small, perhaps Dorion’s is interested in taking Dumba for a spin to see how he is, kinda like he did with Hamonic.

The Devilish Buffoon

Dec 24, 2018
I think Batherson is the odd man out and would be more valuable to Vancouver than Cat.

That being said I am on record here multiple times saying that after peak McDavid in two years that Stützle and Pettersson will be the most talented and possibly highest scoring forwards in the league.

I would go all out for Petey. Like no protection on this years 1st out.
It's hard for me to say no protection... but I would do it with 1st overall protection, and if the pick ends up 1st, we give them our next two firsts.

Petey is an unreal player for sure, he would be the odds-on favourite to be our top forward for a long time.

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
The nice part about Dumba is he does play with edge, he can shoot and handle the puck. He brings intensity that outside of Hamonic our defence really lacks. I mean this is the guy who fought Brady (and kinda won) after blowing up Jimmy to start our first losing spell this season.

The cost to acquire him as a pending free agent is what scares me. But a 3 way deal with Arizona would make a ton of sense.

Minny gets Chychrun with retention. Ottawa gets Dumba. Arizona gets Zaitsev and picks and prospects from both Minny and Ottawa.

Sounds like you're looking at the Dumba from 2-3 years ago, not the post-injury mediocre player we see now.

We should be going after Chychrun ourselves to finally fix the D, not going after more declining guys who are and will be overpaid.

Que

What?
Feb 12, 2017
Mind Prison
Sounds like you're looking at the Dumba from 2-3 years ago, not the post-injury mediocre player we see now.

We should be going after Chychrun ourselves to finally fix the D, not going after more declining guys who are and will be overpaid.

Just at the market for what’s available. I’m definitely not a Dumba fan but he does fit the mood of what we need.

I’d probably seek a LD that’s better and roll with Zub, Hammer and JBD the rest of the way. Maybe try to pick up a 3RD for less somewhere.

Reactions: Cosmix

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010

What was Dumba's injury? Could he still be recovering or do we believe this to be the new Dumba for good?

As far as trading for him, I'm ok so long as we aren't giving up a lot and are getting a new contract that aligns with his current expected level of play going forward and not his past performance.

Reactions: Ice-Tray

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
Just at the market for what’s available. I’m definitely not a Dumba fan but he does fit the mood of what we need.

I’d probably seek a LD that’s better and roll with Zub, Hammer and JBD the rest of the way. Maybe try to pick up a 3RD for less somewhere.
Yes I think we should go with Zub, Hamonic, JBD and Zaitsev rather than give up futures for a declining D man. Wait until the summer to try to get a top 4 RD man.

Reactions: Sens of Anarchy

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
Don’t think I want to give up anything for dumba. Chychrun ok but not dumba please. Unless it’s such a low cost that you can’t pass it up.

SensHulk

May 31, 2016
San Jose, CA
There’s no point in making a trade for Dumba (or any other dman). That time passed on November/early December. The runway is getting smaller and all it’s going to do is make the draft position worse without any playoffs to speak for. Even that I don’t think would do the trick.

The roster was upgraded this past offseason and is now more of less a .500 hockey team. I think unless you’re getting all stars and generational players, there’s no way this coaching staff is the correct one to take the next step. I’m quite flabbergasted that trying another coach (even on an interim basis) has not been discussed; it’s the most Low-risk and low-cost move you could make

Reactions: NB613 and DrEasy

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
if we trade for Dumba without an extension then our GM has reached a new low

TheNewEra

Jul 10, 2013
Is Nedeljkovic worth putting a claim in? Haven’t watched much of him but I remember the buzz about him a few years back
unless we have a deal for forsberg or talbot lined up then no and nedeljkovic is an rfa after the year so he would need a new contract

on batherson it would be stupid to trade him not because his value is lower but because of our 'core forwards' he is the one on the most team friendly deal. If we ever do contend/take the next step we need contracts like batherson's to balance out our bigger contracts

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
Tolvanen still out there scoring

Of course he is. He's a talented kid with an excellent shot.

This team still seems to believe that bottom 6 players should all be two-way defensively responsible players, ignoring that times have changed and you need scoring in the bottom 6 to succeed in this league.

We'd rather play someone like Gambrell who contributes absolutely nothing offensively because he hustles and plays adequate defense.

I could understand not claiming Tolvanen if we were trying out someone like Sokolov, who has been producing very well in the AHL, but we won't even give him a shot and will call-up plugs with no future like Lucchini and Chartier instead because "they fit".

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
I'll add that a big reason for Seattle's success is their ability to outscore their defense and goaltending problems.

They have added offense-first players like Sprong, Donato and Tolvanen on cheap contracts and those 3 combined have 27 goals, 22 assists and 49 points.

I'm skeptical about how much those players will benefit a team in the playoffs, and if you're a contender you can be picky and choose to have a bottom 6 filled with more defensive-oriented players, but we're not at that point at all.

Reactions: bicboi64
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad