Proposal: Trade Rumours/Proposals PART XXXXX

Status
Not open for further replies.

Daffy

Jun 10, 2010
What exactly did Bruce say about Dumba tonight? I missed the game. Does he think we are going to get him?

Deku

I'm off the planet
Nov 5, 2011
Ottawa
What exactly did Bruce say about Dumba tonight? I missed the game. Does he think we are going to get him?

He said that Dorion scouted Dumba in person, and that the Sens would give him an extension if they acquired him

Reactions: NB613

bicboi64

Aug 13, 2020
Brampton
I'm not opposed to Dumba, he's an upgrade over Hamonic, but I'd rather try and take a run at him in FA. No point giving up assets for him now, he's not enough of an upgrade to help us make a playoff push and wouldve been a better acquisition in the off season. Maybe a package for both him and Talbot

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
He said that Dorion scouted Dumba in person, and that the Sens would give him an extension if they acquired him
I mean, if the extension is a fair deal for Dumba's current level of play, and the trade reflects that he's currently overpaid for his performance, I don't mind. But Dumba really isn't who I want, we should be targeting a very different type of Dman,

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
Also said they see him as a top 4 if acquired, but that kind of goes without saying I guess. Just means that would be "the move" on the backend and locking us out of other potential suitors, which would be a let down.

Perratrooper

May 26, 2016
Alberta
If the Avs decide to do a bit of a retool, what would be your level of interest in D. Toews? Top pair LHD, currently 28, with one more year at $4.1m. Colorado has a high chance of losing him in a year and a half and could re-coup the most value for him at the deadline now.

Joeyjoejoe

Dec 18, 2015
If the Avs decide to do a bit of a retool, what would be your level of interest in D. Toews? Top pair LHD, currently 28, with one more year at $4.1m. Colorado has a high chance of losing him in a year and a half and could re-coup the most value for him at the deadline now.

Joe Sakic and Stevie Y are the last GMs in the world I want Dorion talking to right now.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Might be the dumbest move yet. Thats really saying something because oh boy has Pierre Dorion had some absolute doozies. I cant wait for a new owner. I cant imagine he is allowed to do any of these insane deals bruce the embarrassment comes up with.

WTH is he doing on this trip anyway? Why is he there?

If Dumba agree to a Zub like contract I am fine with it
Yeah sure, but like what player agrees to a massive pay cut without testing the market. On a team thats been one of the worst in the league for the better part of a decade.

GoSenatorsGo

Nov 9, 2007
I haven’t watched much of Dumba/Minnesota to give an opinion.

That said, is he still considered a top 4 ? Would he be a good partner for Sanderson? Assuming they want to keep Chabot/Zub together or does he fit better with Chabot?

Chabot-Dumba
Sanderson-Zub
Brannstrom/Holden-Hamonic

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
I haven’t watched much of Dumba/Minnesota to give an opinion.

That said, is he still considered a top 4 ? Would he be a good partner for Sanderson? Assuming they want to keep Chabot/Zub together or does he fit better with Chabot?

Chabot-Dumba
Sanderson-Zub
Brannstrom/Holden-Hamonic

Hellll no he's not good enough to be that long-missing top-4 dman we've been searching for. Would be a massive mistake acquiring him. He can barely make Minny's top-4 and they have an actual good defensive system in place. He'd be exposed in Ottawa under current coaching and the overpayment PD would likely give him would prevent any further improvement on the backend.

Reactions: Cosmix

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
Phaneuf was a legit top 4 defender for us when we had him. Wasn't anything stellar, but if he played for us rn, he'd be our #4...granted the bar is low
Toronto was moving on from him because he was no longer a top 4 D for them. We did need better D at the time and he was better than some of the D we had. Unfortunately his contract was a problem.

I’m just going based off of Dreger saying we had interest in him. To me Dumba is not a great fit but I think it speaks to the low availability of quality top 4 RD as to why we called about him
It's another Dorion screw-up in the making. Got to get a new GM asap.

DaveMatthew

Bring in Peter
Apr 13, 2005
Ott
✅ Name recognition
✅ Downside of their career
✅ Likely to be overpaid on their next contract
✅ Defenseman who isn't all that great at defense

Sounds like the perfect Pierre Dorion acquisition.

We're better off just playing JBD with Chabot the rest of the year than bringing in Dumba.

BankStreetParade

Jan 22, 2013
Ottawa
✅ Name recognition

We're better off just playing JBD with Chabot the rest of the year than bringing in Dumba.
I don't see this happening unless they literally give him away for a cap dump (Zaitsev) and then walk away from him at year's end. We know they have JBD/Thomson in their longterm plans, so why would they go out and get a guy whose contract extension would immediately block the way to good, young, cheap players?

Or is this one of those "Dorion is dumb" kind of things and you guys just need space to pretend the sky is falling again?

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
I don't see this happening unless they literally give him away for a cap dump (Zaitsev) and then walk away from him at year's end. We know they have JBD/Thomson in their longterm plans, so why would they go out and get a guy whose contract extension would immediately block the way to good, young, cheap players?

Or is this one of those "Dorion is dumb" kind of things and you guys just need space to pretend the sky is falling again?
Well Bruce was on air saying it, and specifically said it would be with an extension as the plan. He doesn't seem to have the inside track he used to have since Melnyk passed away though, so hopefully it's just hot air.

Sun God Nika

Palestine <3.
Apr 22, 2013
Yeah sure, but like what player agrees to a massive pay cut without testing the market. On a team thats been one of the worst in the league for the better part of a decade.

Just playing devils advocate.

What if Dumba and his agent scouted the market and the current cap situations of teams ? What if they don’t want to be in a John Klingberg situation this summer ?

Dumba is 29 to start next year I think 4.5*5 is very fair for him but what do I kno

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
So we acquire Dumba a more offensive D man who's offence has dried up and who's defence was never a strength , to provide the Wild a chance to acquire and sign the younger , cheaper and better Chychrun... When I put it like that . it seems quite plausible.. If Dorion is not just playing GM and actually has the green light to put anything kind of substantial commitment on the books. At one time I liked Dumba because of the package including physicality he brought. I think there is some truth to to the toll that physicality takes on a smaller body.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
So we acquire Dumba a more offensive D man who's offence has dried up and who's defence was never a strength , to provide the Wild a chance to acquire and sign the younger , cheaper and better Chychrun... When I put it like that . it seems quite plausible.. If Dorion is not just playing GM and actually has the green light to put anything kind of substantial commitment on the books. At one time I liked Dumba because of the package including physicality he brought. I think there is some truth to to the toll that physicality takes on a smaller body.

I mean I would take a guy who provides adequate defense. But he said that’s “at his best”. Which he doesn’t play at all the time

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon

We helped out Toronto twice with taking Phaneuf and Zaitsev contracts, so why not help the Wild upgrade too!

Reactions: Icelevel

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
I mean I would take a guy who provides adequate defense. But he said that’s “at his best”. Which he doesn’t play at all the time
You like these charts? I am not a huge fan of them but they seem to be consumed. Can you tell me if this also says adequate?

Just the chart
FmJ5khCacAERZ4R

Bileur

Jun 15, 2004
Ottawa
✅ Name recognition

Exactly.

Plays a pretty physical game but isn’t big and that style has taken a toll.

Christ, the guy is lighter than Brannstrom.

They should have done the Burns move this summer. At least he can fall back on size and shot when the skating goes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad