Proposal: Trade Rumours/Proposals PART XXXXX

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
Exactly.

Plays a pretty physical game but isn’t big and that style has taken a toll.

Christ, the guy is lighter than Brannstrom.

They should have done the Burns move this summer. At least he can fall back on size and shot when the skating goes.
They tried to get Burns didn’t they? Would have been a good #4 vet I’d say, plus he can be nasty.

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
Just playing devils advocate.

What if Dumba and his agent scouted the market and the current cap situations of teams ? What if they don’t want to be in a John Klingberg situation this summer ?

Dumba is 29 to start next year I think 4.5*5 is very fair for him but what do I kno
Klingberg got $7M for one year. Not bad at all. Dumba will not get $7M.

branny is thiccc tho
Where is he thick? Body? Head? :)

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
I'm guessing a 3-way trade could be in the works between the Sens, Yotes and Wild

Minnesota replaces Dumba with Chychrun, who's better and importantly will be cheaper, as they have cap issues.
Sens give futures to add and extend Dumba, with some extra thrown in for Arizona to take on Zaitsev
Arizona gets a haul of prospects, picks and young players

Could see the Sens giving up their 1st (lottery or top 10 protected) to add Dumba and dump Zaitsev, especially since a Dumba extension will almost certainly mean DeBrincat isn't re-signing (won't be enough money for both) and we'd get a replacement 1st from some team for him later on.

Sens love physical D and don't give a crap about whether they are smart or can actually play good defense.

Could see them throwing a 6M+ contract at Dumba.

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
I'm guessing a 3-way trade could be in the works between the Sens, Yotes and Wild

Minnesota replaces Dumba with Chychrun, who's better and importantly will be cheaper, as they have cap issues.
Sens give futures to add and extend Dumba, with some extra thrown in for Arizona to take on Zaitsev

Could see the Sens giving up their 1st (lottery or top 10 protected) to add Dumba and dump Zaitsev, especially since a Dumba extension will almost certainly mean DeBrincat isn't re-signing (won't be enough money for both) and we'd get a replacement 1st from some team for him later on.

Sens love physical D and don't give a crap about whether they are smart or can actually play good defense.

Is there a way we could include a player like Kyle Turris and then pretend like his trade value wasn't part of the value given up? Those were fun arguments.

ksens

Mar 8, 2006

Dorion better not have the green light to make deals like this. Because holy shit this would be monumentally stupid.

Let someone competent fix the D in the summer.

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal

I think I'm gonna be sick.

BankStreetParade

Jan 22, 2013
Ottawa
Well Bruce was on air saying it, and specifically said it would be with an extension as the plan. He doesn't seem to have the inside track he used to have since Melnyk passed away though, so hopefully it's just hot air.
I don't think Bruce has a f***ing clue what's going on with the Senators. His source is dead and his career isn't too far behind either.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
So we acquire Dumba a more offensive D man who's offence has dried up and who's defence was never a strength , to provide the Wild a chance to acquire and sign the younger , cheaper and better Chychrun... When I put it like that . it seems quite plausible.. If Dorion is not just playing GM and actually has the green light to put anything kind of substantial commitment on the books. At one time I liked Dumba because of the package including physicality he brought. I think there is some truth to to the toll that physicality takes on a smaller body.

Hopefully Bruce is as accurate about this as he was with Zub.

Sounds like a good deal.

For San Jose for sure. Couldnt give him away for free 6 months ago.

Sun God Nika

Palestine <3.
Apr 22, 2013
I don't think Bruce has a f***ing clue what's going on with the Senators. His source is dead and his career isn't too far behind either.

Ya I think Bruce has lost his access. I am sure there was a pipeline between him and Pierre but with Melnyk gone maybe Pierre and Bruce had a falling out or something. You can't call yourself a insider and be that wrong on Zub.

Nowhere Close.

Next day Zub is inked.

now he is joining fan speculation. Saying this GM/Scout went and attended this game...

Reactions: Deku

BoardsofCanada

Aug 26, 2009
G.T.A.
Is there a way we could include a player like Kyle Turris and then pretend like his trade value wasn't part of the value given up? Those were fun arguments.

It was basically Turris and a 1st for Duchene which is a fair price to pay.

The 3rd rd. pick, Bowers and Hammond amounted to nothing.

The 3rd rd. pick in a fairly weak draft was equivalent to a spin of the roulette wheel.
Bowers; Management correctly guessed that he was expendable.
Hammond: AHL goalie easily replaced.

So Turris and a 1st. The 1st shouldn't have been so high but that's life. Byram, while he has awesome raw tools, really hasn't been able to do much yet. Not saying he never will, but so far, 5 years after the deal went down, he still hasn't established himself as a contributing force.

Reactions: NB613

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
It was basically Turris and a 1st for Duchene which is a fair price to pay.

The 3rd rd. pick, Bowers and Hammond amounted to nothing.

The 3rd rd. pick in a fairly weak draft was equivalent to a spin of the roulette wheel.
Hammond: AHL goalie easily replaced.

So Turris and a 1st. The 1st shouldn't have been so high but that's life. Byram, while he has awesome raw tools, really hasn't been able to do much yet. Not saying he never will, but so far, 5 years after the deal went down, he still hasn't established himself as a contributing force.
We've debated this in to the ground and I can see we wouldn't see eye to eye on it and a reply would require a long post I've probably made 10 times over already, so I will respectfully pass, but I appreciate the response.

Last edited:

Big Muddy

Dec 15, 2019
Byram has been pretty good actually. But, he has had some injury issues.

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
Dorion better not have the green light to make deals like this. Because holy shit this would be monumentally stupid.

Let someone competent fix the D in the summer.

I'm still not a fan of going all-offense and throwing another 8-9M at a forward by re-signing DeBrincat, but if it prevents Dorion from doing something stupid like trading nice assets for Dumba, it's a massive win.

But I don't like our chances of re-signing DeBrincat if Dorion is indeed going after Dumba. We simply don't have the money for both, even if we dump Zaitsev.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Bowers was only drafted drafted 4 months earlier and would have played maybe a dozen games since, to wright him off as not part of the value given up is highly dubious regardless of whether management felt he was expendable or not. They probably would have felt Jokiharju, Timmons, Hague or Robertson were expendable too at that point had they drafted them instead, just because prospect busts doesn't mean they didn't carey value in a trade at that time,

The Devilish Buffoon

Dec 24, 2018
If Pettersson is actually set on leaving Vancouver, and would come to Ottawa... as much as I love Debrincat... you need to offer him up to see if there's interest from Vancouver.

As an ex-Vancouverite, I feel bad for them... but, man oh man, every team in the league would be lipping their chops for a shot at EP.

Minnesota trading Fiala instead of Dumba to fix their cap issues was massively stupid.
Made no sense on day 1.

Reactions: bicboi64

scout20

Jul 21, 2022
Dumba reminds of Phaneuf he will have a few great highlights of open ice hits through the year that gets you excited about his game. However, once he is on your team you will quickly notice how many times he is caught out of position tying to make some of those hits leading to poor defensive play and poor decision making.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad