Proposal: Trade Rumours/Proposals PART XXXXX

Status
Not open for further replies.

scout20

Jul 21, 2022
To. Coyotes
Pinto-I project him to be a 2nd/3rd line center 25 goal 50 points..Feel comfortable trading Pinto as the Sens have Ridly Grieg who can replace Pinto’s future production.
1st rd pick top 5 protected(likely a 10-15 range)
ostapchuk-future 3/4 liner
Zaitsev-free up cap space

To Sens
Chychrun-get a young D who can eat up lots of minutes. Has a good contract can play the right side. If we do not trade for a d-man of his calibre we could be years trying to draft and develop one wasting precious years of our core players

Silencio

Nov 6, 2006
Toronto
Dorion overpayed for Debrincat?

That seemed like a pretty damned good trade for the Sens to me.
Yeah that's probably the first time I've seen anyone say that the DeBrincat deal was an overpay. Dorion has made more than his share of boneheaded moves but the DBC trade was absolutely a win and it becomes a home run if he signs a long term contract with Ottawa.

Reactions: PoutineSp00nZ

HoweHullOrr

Oct 3, 2013
Yeah that's probably the first time I've seen anyone say that the DeBrincat deal was an overpay. Dorion has made more than his share of boneheaded moves but the DBC trade was absolutely a win and it becomes a home run IF he signs a long term contract with Ottawa.
IF was a very/most important word in the last sentence.

What IF he doesn't sign?

Would a 1st (7th overall), 2nd a 3rd be an expensive 1 year rental if Debrincat moves after this year?

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
To. Coyotes
Pinto-I project him to be a 2nd/3rd line center 25 goal 50 points..Feel comfortable trading Pinto as the Sens have Ridly Grieg who can replace Pinto’s future production.
1st rd pick top 5 protected(likely a 10-15 range)
ostapchuk-future 3/4 liner
Zaitsev-free up cap space

To Sens
Chychrun-get a young D who can eat up lots of minutes. Has a good contract can play the right side. If we do not trade for a d-man of his calibre we could be years trying to draft and develop one wasting precious years of our core players
If you take out Pinto & Ostapchuk then maybe, but maybe not. I don't see Chychrun as being any better than Sanderson right now & IMO Sanderson will be the better D. I also think they need a RD not another offensive LD we have two of them & I'm told Brannstrom is suppose to be one too.

PoutineSp00nZ

Electricity is really just organized lightning.
Jul 21, 2009
Ottawa
IF was a very/most important word in the last sentence.

What IF he doesn't sign?

Would a 1st (7th overall), 2nd a 3rd be an expensive 1 year rental if Debrincat moves after this year?

If he doesn't sign it sucks for sure. But the price they paid for 2 years and an option on a player of Debrincat's age and caliber is totally fair, if not more than fair.

NB613

Jul 26, 2013
Ottawa
This could've been us but Dorion got carried away. Reverting the Paul, Brown, and Talbot trades.

Not only is this a playoff team, its also better positioned for the future.

Fruitless exercise that only is increasing frustration…

Attachments

• C93E7242-3395-4793-8348-FDECA9E25D02.jpeg
    C93E7242-3395-4793-8348-FDECA9E25D02.jpeg
    150.8 KB · Views: 3
  • 47BA74C6-C457-4146-9C87-82D35393C952.jpeg
    47BA74C6-C457-4146-9C87-82D35393C952.jpeg
    140.5 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Brannstrom is a very efficient puckmover who makes less defensive mistakes than supposed defensive D like Hamonic or Holden.

He's a solid bottom pairing D. Even DJ Smith doesn't think he sucks and he's a dinosaur.
Brannstrom makes very egregious errors. He isnt a solid bottom pairing D man he is tiny and easy to play against. He's a number 7 that can bump into a puck moving role if you have too many injuries. No way he survives in an NHL playoff series.

They are all bottom pair D men. Id rather the guy that is actually hard to play against and can actually shoot a puck at the NHL level.

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
If he doesn't sign it sucks for sure. But the price they paid for 2 years and an option on a player of Debrincat's age and caliber is totally fair, if not more than fair.

Under no circumstances should DeBrincat be extended for 1 year and walked to UFA.

If he won't re-sign by the deadline he should be traded. Hopefully we'd be able to get back as much as we gave up.

Reactions: NB613

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
Brannstrom makes very egregious errors. He isnt a solid bottom pairing D man he is tiny and easy to play against. He's a number 7 that can bump into a puck moving role if you have too many injuries. No way he survives in an NHL playoff series.

They are all bottom pair D men. Id rather the guy that is actually hard to play against and can actually shoot a puck at the NHL level.

BS. He's far more dependable than any of our D not named Sanderson, Zub or Chabot.

He advances the puck very well, has a great stick and makes fewer mistakes than most of our D.

Also the idea that someone like Hamonic is "hard to play against" because he occasionally hits is laughable. Dude has been atrocious at managing the front of the net, can get beat wide because of his heavy feet, makes bad decisions and can't move a puck to save his life.

Offensive players probably love playing against him.

NB613

Jul 26, 2013
Ottawa
BS. He's far more dependable than any of our D not named Sanderson, Zub or Chabot.

He advances the puck very well, has a great stick and makes fewer mistakes than most of our D.

Also the idea that someone like Hamonic is "hard to play against" because he occasionally hits is laughable. Dude has been atrocious at managing the front of the net, can get beat wide because of his heavy feet, makes bad decisions and can't move a puck to save his life.

All this gaslighting against Branny…

If he was gone theyd be complaining about his replacement. Why bother creating another hole in our lineup for no reason?

All D concerns should be focused on finding replacements short and long-term for Hamonic and Holden.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site

Its really not BS. Its even more obvious when you go to the games. Brannstrom is easy to play against, easy to forcheck, easy to get position on in the O zone and easy to get your stick free in front of the net.

All forwards lick their chops when they see Brannstrom on the back end. They know its going to be an easy shift.

Brannstrom advanced the puck well at the start of the year really has not been the case lately.

I am not saying Hamonic is anything more than a bottom pair D man just like Bannstrom. But he is able to disrupt the cycle and handle big strong forwards. He is a threat to score and he actually gets pucks on net in the offensive zone.

Brannstrom has 3 points in 38 games! Two goals in 154 games. If you are his size with average skating you have to produce offense.

All I want to see for one game is this make up on the D.

Sanderson - Zub
Chabot - JBD
Brannstrom/Holden - Hamonic

Reactions: Senovision

Sun God Nika

Palestine <3.
Apr 22, 2013
This is an opinion not a fact.

its facts that you do not need a legit source to tell you when you suck at your job and you have a new boss coming in to evaluate you, your time is done. ill put money on it, give u 5-1 odds Pierre isn't here in a year from today.

PoutineSp00nZ

Electricity is really just organized lightning.
Jul 21, 2009
Ottawa
Under no circumstances should DeBrincat be extended for 1 year and walked to UFA.

If he won't re-sign by the deadline he should be traded. Hopefully we'd be able to get back as much as we gave up.

Agreed. Just saying that the price they paid was for a guy with two controlled years and the option to extend. That seemed like a very reasonable price to pay to me

Joeyjoejoe

Dec 18, 2015
Hamonic is the weakest defensive dman I have seen in a while. Dude gets outmuscled so easily by smaller players in the boards and in front of the net. He gets barely tapped or shoved and he's already losing his balance and on his ass.

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
Its really not BS. Its even more obvious when you go to the games. Brannstrom is easy to play against, easy to forcheck, easy to get position on in the O zone and easy to get your stick free in front of the net.

All forwards lick their chops when they see Brannstrom on the back end. They know its going to be an easy shift.

Brannstrom advanced the puck well at the start of the year really has not been the case lately.

I am not saying Hamonic is anything more than a bottom pair D man just like Bannstrom. But he is able to disrupt the cycle and handle big strong forwards. He is a threat to score and he actually gets pucks on net in the offensive zone.

Brannstrom has 3 points in 38 games! Two goals in 154 games. If you are his size with average skating you have to produce offense.

All I want to see for one game is this make up on the D.

Sanderson - Zub
Chabot - JBD
Brannstrom/Holden - Hamonic

I just think it's silly to think bad players are "hard to play against" because they provide some physicality.

Bad players are easy to play against. Period.

Alf Silfversson

Jun 8, 2011
I don't want to see us trade anyone 25 years of age or under this season unless it's an absolute no-brainer.

We need to see what these players can do with a new coaching staff before we give up on anybody.

That means the following should be off the table:
Brady
Stü
Batherson
Norris
Pinto
Cat
Sanderson
Chabot
Brannstrom
Kastelic
Kelly
JBD

If we want to get a few more picks at the deadline then shop the older guys with little to no future here:

Watson
Talbot
Holden
Hamonic

This management and coaching staff has failed and will be replaced. We need to hang onto our assets until some people who can properly assess and coach pro players are running the show.

Alf Silfversson

Jun 8, 2011
I just think it's silly to think bad players are "hard to play against" because they provide some physicality.

Bad players are easy to play against. Period.

Yeah. Hamonic has loads of heart and guts but he, for whatever reason, has become pretty ineffective in one-on-one battles. I've been shocked how easily he's been dominated in 50/50s at times this year.

I don't hate the player but saying that he's "hard to play against" is a massive stretch. He's a bottom pairing guy now. In fact him and Brannstrom should probably be working the 3rd pair together.

Last edited:
Reactions: bicboi64

Korpse

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010

Fun fact, those two goals happened in back to back games. One of them was from the NZ it was 691 days ago.

Reactions: bert

JackieDaytona

regular human hockey fan.
Oct 21, 2007
Fun fact, those two goals happened in back to back games. One of them was from the NZ it was 691 days ago.
So what you're saying is, half of this guy's goals were shot from behind the blue line! Imagine how unstoppable he'd be if he took shots even closer to the net!!!!1

Sounds like a coaching issue.

• Haha
Reactions: bert

Korpse

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
So what you're saying is, half of this guy's goals were shot from behind the blue line! Imagine how unstoppable he'd be if he took shots even closer to the net!!!!1

Sounds like a coaching issue.

If only he could get his shots off closer to the net. 116 shot attempts. 59 blocked. One time, one of his rushes won't end up with a shot outside of the circles and a puck out of play.

If anything Brannstrom gets too much leash for the offense he generates but then again if he isn't providing offense, what is he providing?

Last edited:

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
Brannstrom has a weak shot, but 0 goals on 124 shots over the last two seasons is obviously unsustainable.

You get that many pucks on net and the occasional puck should find it's way in, either directly or indirectly off of opposing bodies.

Could say the same about 3 assists in 38 games this year given how well he advances the puck off ice. No one has been able to score off the rush at 5 on 5 this year, which has hurt his assist totals for sure.

Poor guy won't be able to command much money this offseason because of it. Sucks for him but good for the Sens.

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
Yes, that's the question who will be available who will come here who will be better at RD than Dumba? If they miss out on Dumba & no one else becomes availabe then what? People will shit on PD for not making the deal as they always do, he's gonna get shit on if he makes a move or doesn't make a move.
I think he gets shit on for making bad trade & draft moves and poor results for the time he has been GM. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad