Proposal: Trade Rumours/Proposals PART XXXXX

Status
Not open for further replies.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
At some point you make a deal from a position of strength to fill a weakness, we can't assume we'll always have a top 6 injured long term ever year...

I don't know what other way we're going to stumble across to get a good D, it seems like we've been searching for one since Chara left the team...
A competent GM could find a D man. Or actually have a stacked team. If Bedard is on an ELC then it shouldnt be hard. Injuries happen for every team.

Reactions: Cosmix

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
A competent GM could find a D man. Or actually have a stacked team. If Bedard is on an ELC then it shouldnt be hard. Injuries happen for every team.
I was thinking a top d man. I agree it should not be hard to find a competent #4. Or at least a better one. Teams that are doing better than us don’t have super start #4 d men.

NB613

Jul 26, 2013
Ottawa
Could suit the third line and motte can move down
Exactly. And in a pinch he could help in top 6 better than a “brassard / joseph”. Also has benefit of being an RFA in down year, and could be with org long-term.

Yeah the sens depth is terrible, wonder what it would take.
Feel like a 2nd plus one of Joseph/Watson/Kelly/Holden. Or straight swap for one of JBD or Thomson

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Exactly. And in a pinch he could help in top 6 better than a “brassard / joseph”. Also has benefit of being an RFA in down year, and could be with org long-term.

Feel like a 2nd plus one of Joseph/Watson/Kelly/Holden. Or straight swap for one of JBD or Thomson
I dont think its going to cost more than a 2nd. He has been aweful and makes 3 million. Might not even take a second.

Big Muddy

Dec 15, 2019
Don't think adding Puljujärvi is going to do much for us. Season is lost already anyhow. He's not much better than Gambrell (a backup C) or Brassard, but they are getting paid $950 k & $750 k.

I wouldn't give a 2nd personally. If Edmonton are desperate to get rid of him, then give them a real minor asset in return. I'm not sure we could even give up a player like Holden to be honest given what we've already seen when a defenseman goes down (Zub, Chabot of even JBD). JMHO.

Last edited:

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
You got to give to get, I don't see what the hang up is with trading one player for a similar caliber player in another position,

We have Stu, Norris, Greig, and in this hypothetical, Bedard at center, then there's Tkachuk, Batherson, Giroux (for 2 more years after this one) and potentially we'll re-sign DeBrincat on the wings. We've got some depth prospects in guys like Boucher, Sokolov, Ostapchuk, Jarventie Not everyone can fit, but that depth give us the ability to make moves to solidify areas of weakness.

it doesn't have to be Pinto, but I see him among others as very much on the table for the right piece coming back if by some miracle we win the Bedard sweepstakes.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
We could really use another good defensive forward. Hes young and still has offensive upside. See a definite fit for us and at “minimal cost”.

I'd do it, but I feel like we'd have to move out some salary. Maybe send them Kelly or Gambrell with a pick?

Reactions: NB613 and DrEasy

DaveMatthew

Bring in Peter
Apr 13, 2005
Ott
He’s 25, not over 25

Turning 26 at the end of January.

At the end of this season, he'll be the same age that Mark Stone was when traded. Many deemed Stone too old to be part of the future here, at the time. Only a couple of good years left, they said.

At the end of next season, he'll be the same age that Karlsson was when traded. Will he have played a playoff game by then? We'll see.

Crazy to think about, right? Time flies.

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
My scenario isn’t confusing.

You have 2nd overall. Do you trade it for a young stud d man. That’s it. It’s a yes or no
nah you don't trade that pick

You draft a beast player and then you deal Greig for a defensemen

Reactions: Ice-Tray

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
nah you don't trade that pick

You draft a beast player and then you deal Greig for a defensemen
Thank for you the response lol.
Who says greig can get you a d man? I was talking a premier young d man.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
We could really use another good defensive forward. Hes young and still has offensive upside. See a definite fit for us and at “minimal cost”.

Given the Big drop off in depth from the top 6 to the bottom 6 I think any option that can improve that and close that gap should be looked at.
Not having a great year by any means though.

It would be interesting to see vs 3l Puljujarvi, 4l Joseph vs Joseph, Watson.. Maybe the Oilers retain to even the money and flip Watson for him.

Reactions: NB613

DaveMatthew

Bring in Peter
Apr 13, 2005
Ott
Thank for you the response lol.
Who says greig can get you a d man? I was talking a premier young d man.

I don't think you trade #2 overall.

But #2 overall (Fantilli) makes any of Norris, DeBrincat, Batherson and Pinto expendable. You flip one of them for a D.

The value of having a guy like Fantilli on a 3-year ELC is huge. You can't trade that away. He would have been the #1 overall pick in all of the last 3 drafts.

The Devilish Buffoon

Dec 24, 2018
I dont think its going to cost more than a 2nd. He has been aweful and makes 3 million. Might not even take a second.
If we aren't sending salary back, I'd be very surprised if it takes a 2nd.

Mandolese/Hawryluk/Sabourin/Engstrand/Aspirot etc. + TB 4th 2024. Bet that would get it done.

The Devilish Buffoon

Dec 24, 2018
Given the Big drop off in depth from the top 6 to the bottom 6 I think any option that can improve that and close that gap should be looked at.
Not having a great year by any means though.

It would be interesting to see vs 3l Puljujarvi, 4l Joseph vs Joseph, Watson.. Maybe the Oilers retain to even the money and flip Watson for him.
I think Edmonton happily flips Puljuarvi for Watson... not sure we would make that deal though.

Watson looks like a classic overpay contender. Physical, fights, consistently excellent PK #s, a touch of goalscoring, and a history of significantly stepping up his game in the playoffs. Some team will feel the need to add toughness going into the playoffs and might just offer up a late 2nd.

DaveMatthew

Bring in Peter
Apr 13, 2005
Ott
I think Edmonton happily flips Puljuarvi for Watson... not sure we would make that deal though.

Watson looks like a classic overpay contender. Physical, fights, consistently excellent PK #s, a touch of goalscoring, and a history of significantly stepping up his game in the playoffs. Some team will feel the need to add toughness going into the playoffs and might just offer up a late 2nd.

Nobody is trading a 2nd for Auston Watson. 5th/6th max, and he'd be a black ace on every playoff team.

If we have to trade Zub, he probably gets a 2nd + prospect.

Reactions: DrEasy

The Devilish Buffoon

Dec 24, 2018
Nobody is trading a 2nd for Auston Watson. 5th/6th max, and he'd be a black ace on every playoff team.

Probably not a 2nd, but I guarantee he gets a lot more than a 5th or 6th.

Doesnt matter if you think he's bad, there are several qualities he has that constantly get overpaid for. He's been a statistically-elite PKer year after year, posts about 10 goals per 82, hits and fights more than 90% of the league, plays a role without complaining that not many guys do. And yes, his playoff experience doesn't hurt at all.

If Deslauriers got a 3rd, Watson will get at least that. Deslaurier is a much better figher, but Deslaurier doesn't PK nearly as much as Watson and is far more sheltered at ES.

Yeah Seider or power. Like would you offer it up.

Even first overall I’m curious.
No for Powers but Dahlin would be really, really tempting. He's gonna get papered up on his next contract though.

Sun God Nika

Palestine <3.
Apr 22, 2013
Yeah it’s a no for me on PoolParty maybe before the comments I would take a flyer.

The second you start questioning if you belong in this league, you don’t.

Zub at 2.5m will easily fetch a 1st and maybe even a little more . Now if the sens retain half a team is adding a top 4 right shot at practically no cap going into the playoffs…

Hopefully it doesn’t come to it , but if Zub is not extended by trade deadline you gotta get a haul from this asset

Reactions: Tuna99
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad