Proposal: Trade Rumours/Proposals PART XXXXX

Status
Not open for further replies.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Two firsts and Holloway or Broberg insane.
He was never coming here dude. This team is for sale. Nothing is happening until its finalized. Lets get serious this is the best news possible. Dorion quite clearly is not the man for the job.

Big Muddy

Dec 15, 2019
The first 2 players are to make the cap work, it seems like,
Yes. A quick glance at CapFriendly revealed that the Oil has $0 in cap space.

Two firsts and Holloway or Broberg insane.

Similar to Chychurn ask.
Ya, never seemed likely that the Sharks would act like a charitable organization and give Karlsson away for a meager return.

If they are rebuilding, EK is the major trade chip. If they blow that, their rebuild will fail. Cap space is not nearly as large a motivator as young assets (picks and top notch prospects) are for a rebuilding team.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013

Ya, never seemed likely that the Sharks would act like a charitable organization and give Karlsson away for a meager return.

If they are rebuilding, EK is the major trade chip. If they blow that, their rebuild will fail. Cap space is not nearly as large a motivator as young assets (picks and top notch prospects) are for a rebuilding team.
Hertl is a better piece and I’m sure will return more. Karlssons contract is just too stupid.

He was never coming here dude. This team is for sale. Nothing is happening until its finalized. Lets get serious this is the best news possible. Dorion quite clearly is not the man for the job.
The price is insane whether we are paying it or anyone else is

Big Muddy

Dec 15, 2019
"Pinto for Schenn would be the greatest deal, just tremendous, the most beautiful deal you've ever seen.... a lot of people are saying it. Believe me folks, believe me."
Trump reference. Good one.
I'm not drinking the bleach sir.
Weren't you suppose to inject it?

Hertl is a better piece and I’m sure will return more. Karlssons contract is just too stupid.

The price is insane whether we are paying it or anyone else is
Whatever. I could change it to Karlsson would be "one of the major trade pieces", but that wouldn't change anything. I'm skeptical they would lose the opportunity to acquire good young assets for their rebuild.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Trump reference. Good one.

Weren't you suppose to inject it?

Whatever. I could change it to Karlsson would be "one of the major trade pieces", but that wouldn't change anything. I'm skeptical they would lose the opportunity to acquire good young assets for their rebuild.
I don’t think they’re going to get it. And I don’t think teams will meet them in the middle on this either

Big Muddy

Dec 15, 2019
I don’t think they’re going to get it. And I don’t think teams will meet them in the middle on this either
OK, that's fine. Sharks might just wait then.

Market economics of supply & demand. RDs = low supply & high demand.

Can't blame Sharks for just waiting. It's what the Yotes have been doing with Chychrun.

From a fan perspective, there's nothing we can do but wait.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site

They tried to last summer but no one wanted him. That's why Burns got traded.

Big Muddy

Dec 15, 2019
They tried to last summer but no one wanted him. That's why Burns got traded.
Ya, could be. I wouldn't doubt it. I still think it behooves the Sharks to be patient to try to get the best return. They will need high quality young assets to rebuild and will only have a small number of ways or opportunities to get them.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Ya, could be. I wouldn't doubt it. I still think it behooves the Sharks to be patient to try to get the best return. They will need high quality young assets to rebuild and will only have a small number of ways or opportunities to get them.
Right now is the time to do it. He wont play better than this. He is also healthy. Just getting rid of the contract with no retention is worth its weight in gold.

Big Muddy

Dec 15, 2019
Right now is the time to do it. He wont play better than this. He is also healthy. Just getting rid of the contract with no retention is worth its weight in gold.
I don't think the extra money (& cap space) is nearly as helpful as getting the necessary assets to do a good rebuild. Just my opinion.

I do agree there is some risk in waiting. Health is a factor.

I think there's a lot of factors involved and more than what we are discussing i.e., it's more complex.

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa

I suspect that Karlsson's wife will have a say in where Erik is traded. Therefore I do not think that the Senators are out of it.

Edmonton would have to pay dearly to get him by dumping some players to lower their cap hit and by paying in assets enough to get SJ to eat some of Eric's salary/cap hit.

There are others in the market for Eric too.

Big Muddy

Dec 15, 2019
1. I suspect that Karlsson's wife will have a say in where Erik is traded. Therefore I do not think that the Senators are out of it.

Edmonton would have to pay dearly to get him by dumping some players to lower their cap hit and by paying in assets enough to get SJ to eat some of Eric's salary/cap hit.

2. There are others in the market for Eric too.
1. re; Wife's involvement - Definitely. Both sides (Senators & Sharks)need to be motivated to consummate the deal of course.

2. Yes. Got to think it will behoove the Sharks to see what's out there and what the other offers are like. If they're rebuilding, they'll want good assets to rebuild with.

Last edited:

BankStreetParade

Jan 22, 2013
Ottawa
Yeah that's almost certainly BS, unless he's coming at 50% retained.
Even at 50% retained, would San Jose want to have $5M+ of retention on their cap for another 4 years? Downswings turn into upswings, usually, much faster than that. I'd find it wasteful and absurd for a team to retain that much for that long, especially for a return without a bonafide A+ piece (top 3 pick, top 15 prospect). I think it might actually be impossible to trade Karlsson.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Hypothetical. And this is PURE hypothetical so I don’t want to hear “no they’re not possible. They’re not available.”

If we have 2nd overall. So fantilli or Mitchkov or Carlson. Would you trade the pick for Power or Seider.

UglyPuckling

May 14, 2021
Hypothetical. And this is PURE hypothetical so I don’t want to hear “no they’re not possible. They’re not available.”

If we have 2nd overall. So fantilli or Mitchkov or Carlson. Would you trade the pick for Power or Seider.
Rebuilds span more than one year or one draft. Buffalo and Detroit would want to add the new young asset (pick) and not get rid of what they already have (Power or Seider). Got to think San Jose or whatever rebuilding team would deploy that strategy.

It seemed simpler to explain it that way versus trying to figure out your (confusing) scenario or concept.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Rebuilds span more than one year or one draft. Buffalo and Detroit would want to add the new young asset (pick) and not get rid of what they already have (Power or Seider). Got to think San Jose or whatever rebuilding team would deploy that strategy.

It seemed simpler to explain it that way versus trying to figure out your (confusing) scenario or concept.
My scenario isn’t confusing.

You have 2nd overall. Do you trade it for a young stud d man. That’s it. It’s a yes or no

Answer

Dec 17, 2006
Edmonton
1. re; Wife's involvement - Definitely. Both sides (Senators & Sharks)need to be motivated to consummate the deal of course.

2. Yes. Got to think it will behoove the Sharks to see what's out there and what the other offers are like. If they're rebuilding, they'll want good assets to rebuild with.

I understand we lost Tierney and Demelo, but I am guessing that Shark should be fine with just Stutzle and Norris to say Yes :)

Reactions: UglyPuckling

UglyPuckling

May 14, 2021
Oh my f*** lol. Yes or no. Would you do it.

I can assure you your answer won’t make it happen lol. This is just HFboards
I am not fond of hypotheticals or things that are unlikely or very unlikely to occur. Others could be more interested in that. I could only refer you back to #446.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad