Proposal: Trade Rumours/Proposals PART XXXXX

Status
Not open for further replies.

bicboi64

Aug 13, 2020
Brampton
Option 1 - Connor Bedard

Option 2 - Ridley Greig
Not to mention we have prospects like Jarventie, Sokolov, and Lodin. This is not a list of blue chip prospects, but there are 5 top 6 forwards that can help carry the transition of a younger prospect into the league. I don't want to go into next year with a defense like we've just had.

Karl Prime

Feb 13, 2017
The team badly needs a 2nd pair RHD more than a higher end 2nd line wing. Stutzle, Tkachuk, Batherson, Giroux, and Norris is enough that even if a high end 3rd liner would play as the 2LW, they would be okay. Remember when Zack Smith got 25 goals primarily because he was playing with Stone?

Reactions: bicboi64

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
The idea that we shouldn't trade DeBrincat because we'd immediately be looking to replace him is bizarre to me.

If we trade him, presumably for a top 4 D that will be with the team for a while, it will be the first time we've had a legit top 4 group of D since .. what, 06-07 when we went to the SCF?

Seriously, go back and look for the last time we had a legit top 4, the next best we've had since 06-07 was with Ceci and broken down Phaneuf.

Now, what are the odds we can get another top 6 winger (not necessarily DeBrincat caliber) through our prospect pool, the draft, trade or UFA?

If we can trade DeBrincat, and get a guy like Pesce, it will be the best D Corps since going to the Cup finals, and we'll still have a stud #1C in Stü, a stud #2 C in Norris, a Stud Top line winger in Brady, a top tier winger in Batherson, an top tier vet winger in Giroux, a likely stud #3 C in Pinto or Greig,

What's easier to fill out, the depth up front, or a top 4 RHD? This really shouldn't be a hard choice, if you can get a top 4 RHD, DeBrincat is absolutely on the table. If the deal is right you got to make it.

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
The team badly needs a 2nd pair RHD more than a higher end 2nd line wing. Stutzle, Tkachuk, Batherson, Giroux, and Norris is enough that even if a high end 3rd liner would play as the 2LW, they would be okay. Remember when Zack Smith got 25 goals primarily because he was playing with Stone?

If that top-4 D can bring offense such as Chychrun can, then I agree we don't need that elite winger so much, but otherwise I think we definitely do need a guy like DBC with the shallow offensive depth we have overall.

Last edited:

bicboi64

Aug 13, 2020
Brampton
We probably end up selecting in the 8-11 range for the 2023 draft. Guys like Edourd Sale, Matthew Wood, and Sam Honzek are decent prospects that might give us a more solid top 6 as Giroux ages out and we move Cat

Reactions: bert

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
I can't believe we couldn't outbid the Oilers and Kings for Chychrun.

If that top-4 D can bring offense such as Chychrun can, then I agree we don't need that elite winger so much, but otherwise I think we definitely do need a guy like DBC with the shallow offensive depth we have overall.
I'm not convinced that we can't, we choose not to, and I don't blame us. Chychrun is often injured and plays the wrong side, if he were a RHD I think we'd have made it work, but I'm not sure it makes a lot of sense as is.

Sens Vader

Jan 23, 2016
Yeah we need a RHD

I think it’s down to Roy Dumba Karlsson or Jones if it’s a trade

We have the cap space to acquire these guys (one of the few teams even with retentions) and can figure out the Cat situation in the summer when new ownership is here

Reactions: NB613

Karl Prime

Feb 13, 2017
Yeah we need a RHD

I think it’s down to Roy Dumba Karlsson or Jones if it’s a trade

We have the cap space to acquire these guys (one of the few teams even with retentions) and can figure out the Cat situation in the summer when new ownership is here

Who is this Roy Dumba Karlsson? A wonderkid prospect from overseas?

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Formenton is a 2nd round pick. Can score 20 goals. With quality line mates, maybe 25. He is a sure 3rd liner, but may be good enough to play on the 2nd.

Ottawa is a political town. Where DIFD, the "me too movement" and would easily carry the moniker of Canada's most liberal and most Woke city.

So do you bring in a 20-25 goal scorer and feel the heat..Hello Ryan R. and your acting career. Hello Sens needing 200-500 million public funding dollars...from the Liberal government, with NDP backing. From the provincial government and from the city government...

Formenton will be in the NHL. just not here. I doubt in Canada. Most likely a Mike Hoffman kind of thing. Get him as far away as possible for a few years, until people forget.
When he got picked has absolutely zero impact. He is a very unique player that provides a unique skillset. If Zach Hyman can play in a top 6 so can Formenton. He made the NHL and team Canada at 18 that is a very high end pedigree. He was tracking towards being a very good player in this league. The type you win with in the playoffs and will make room for the sens skill guys.

That would be a pretty wild scenario if someone is found not guilty.... Twice. If the world is shifting in this direction then we have some very big problems as a society.

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
Back and forth between defense lawyers and prosecutors can't take a loooong time too
Why would people not charged have defence lawyers? This is back and forth between the cops and the prosecuting attorney.

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
If the top-4 D who's available is a RHD who's far and above the other possible LHD targets in terms of talent, then it'd be dumb to let that stop us. None of Roy, Dumba or Jones are close to Chychrun's level, and Karlsson is a bit of a fantasy.

Reactions: Laphroaig

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
When he got picked has absolutely zero impact. He is a very unique player that provides a unique skillset. If Zach Hyman can play in a top 6 so can Formenton. He made the NHL and team Canada at 18 that is a very high end pedigree. He was tracking towards being a very good player in this league. The type you win with in the playoffs and will make room for the sens skill guys.

That would be a pretty wild scenario if someone is found not guilty.... Twice. If the world is shifting in this direction then we have some very big problems as a society.
It might be leaning towards never being charged, let alone found not guilty

What are you going on about? DIFD has nothing to do with liberalism or woke. The me too movement was in Hollywood, not Ottawa. And Canada's most liberal woke city is more likely Toronto or Vancouver, not Ottawa.

Assen na yo!
Idk about that. There's an awful lot of woke coming out of federal politics

Reactions: Cosmix

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Chychrun plays RD, right?
Plays both, i think he prefers LD. But teams can run with 3 elite LD Tampa just won a cup doing it. Moving Sergachev up if they are down a goal. Its just the insane amount of prospect depth that Buffalo has to go along with all the really good young players they already have in the lineup.

They have 3 2nd rounders, Ostlund, Savoie, Kulich and Rosen. All elite forward prospects that are recent first rounders. They can easily afford to do two of them and 2 seconds. They have 18 million in cap space.

They only have so much room for players they already have Cozens, Krebs, Quinn Peterka all 21/22 and under. Plus Tuch, Mittlestadt, Olofsson and Thompson who are in their mid 20's.

Ouroboros

There is no armour against Fate
Feb 3, 2008
If the top-4 D who's available is a RHD who's far and above the other possible LHD targets in terms of talent, then it'd be dumb to let that stop us. None of Roy, Dumba or Jones are close to Chychrun's level, and Karlsson is a bit of a fantasy.
How do you make a Chychrun deal realistically happen? Bill Armstrong has made his asking price very clear, and it seems unlikely that he's going to budge.

It's 2 1sts and a 2nd OR 1st, 1st round equivalent and a 2nd. Preference seems to be on the picks.

Ottawa can't trade the 2023 1st for obvious reasons. So you're looking at 2024 1st, Ridly Greig OR Shane Pinto [1st round equivalents] and a 2nd OR Ostapchuk/Kleven/Pettersson. Too much, the system is too thin as it is.

When the deal goes down I don't think you'll see Arizona take back any junk-tier prospects like Thomson/Sokolov/Reinhardt/Lodin.

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
The idea that we shouldn't trade DeBrincat because we'd immediately be looking to replace him is bizarre to me.

If we trade him, presumably for a top 4 D that will be with the team for a while, it will be the first time we've had a legit top 4 group of D since .. what, 06-07 when we went to the SCF?

Seriously, go back and look for the last time we had a legit top 4, the next best we've had since 06-07 was with Ceci and broken down Phaneuf.

Now, what are the odds we can get another top 6 winger (not necessarily DeBrincat caliber) through our prospect pool, the draft, trade or UFA?

If we can trade DeBrincat, and get a guy like Pesce, it will be the best D Corps since going to the Cup finals, and we'll still have a stud #1C in Stü, a stud #2 C in Norris, a Stud Top line winger in Brady, a top tier winger in Batherson, an top tier vet winger in Giroux, a likely stud #3 C in Pinto or Greig,

What's easier to fill out, the depth up front, or a top 4 RHD? This really shouldn't be a hard choice, if you can get a top 4 RHD, DeBrincat is absolutely on the table. If the deal is right you got to make it.
I would argue that it’s a lot harder to replace a first line scoring/2way winger than it is to find a number 4 defender. We see examples of the type of player we need picked up for cheap every single year.

Karl Prime

Feb 13, 2017
I would argue that it’s a lot harder to replace a first line scoring/2way winger than it is to find a number 4 defender. We see examples of the type of player we need picked up for cheap every single year.

DeBrincat is the 6th player in the top 6 if Norris is healthy, though. Brady and Tim are the big guns, Norris is the two-way 2C, and Giroux has performed better than Cat plus has the leadership factor. If it came down to it the question would be DBC or Batherson but with their contract situations it would be Bath. Ideally they could keep DeBrincat and get a good D but we'll see how it unfolds.

Reactions: Cosmix

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
How do you make a Chychrun deal realistically happen? Bill Armstrong has made his asking price very clear, and it seems unlikely that he's going to budge.

It's 2 1sts and a 2nd OR 1st, 1st round equivalent and a 2nd. Preference seems to be on the picks.

Ottawa can't trade the 2023 1st for obvious reasons. So you're looking at 2024 1st, Ridly Greig OR Shane Pinto [1st round equivalents] and a 2nd OR Ostapchuk/Kleven/Pettersson. Too much, the system is too thin as it is.

When the deal goes down I don't think you'll see Arizona take back any junk-tier prospects like Thomson/Sokolov/Reinhardt/Lodin.
The sens don't have the assets to do it. L.A and Buffalo easily out gun them.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
I don't think anyone is suggesting DeBrincat for Connor Murphy, I suggested Pesce for example who would at worst be our 3rd best D imo. Some are after Chychrun, who again would be our 3rd best D at worst. The idea is with Zub as our #4 D we'd have a really strong group.

Order of importance is Center, D, goalie, wings.
We'll manage without a small winger, idk if the same can be said of without a well slotted group of top 4 D.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
The sens don't have the assets to do it. L.A and Buffalo easily out gun them.
It comes down to the assets we have aren't for sale, Pinto, Greig and our 1st are all right up there with what other teams can offer, we just aren't and shouldn't give them up for Chychrun. We have DeBrincat too who should be right up there in value too,

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
DeBrincat is the 6th player in the top 6 if Norris is healthy, though. Brady and Tim are the big guns, Norris is the two-way 2C, and Giroux has performed better than Cat plus has the leadership factor. If it came down to it the question would be DBC or Batherson but with their contract situations it would be Bath. Ideally they could keep DeBrincat and get a good D but we'll see how it unfolds.
But it doesn’t come down to that. There is no reason not to keep all six guys, the odd one being 35 years old, as long as DBC wants to stay. His deal isn’t hindering us from picking up a top 4 D man.

We already have two stars and one defensive rock in the top four. We need another young Zub, not another Chabot or Sanderson.

That’s how I feel anyways. The scoring forward depth right now is already stretch over three scoring lines right now, which has been effective. Take DBC out and the second line loses its young scorer.

I don't think anyone is suggesting DeBrincat for Connor Murphy, I suggested Pesce for example who would at worst be our 3rd best D imo. Some are after Chychrun, who again would be our 3rd best D at worst. The idea is with Zub as our #4 D we'd have a really strong group.

Order of importance is Center, D, goalie, wings.
We'll manage without a small winger, idk if the same can be said of without a well slotted group of top 4 D.
I’d prefer Marino, or Zub type guy that doesn’t cost premium assets. We simply don’t need to spend a ton to fill that position, we just need to find the right fit.

We also aren’t as deep as people like to pretend on scoring wingers, and if we want to have a three line threat we absolutely can’t afford to trade our recent 40 goal 25 year old.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad