Proposal: Trade Rumours/Proposals PART XXXXX

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
I don't think anyone is suggesting DeBrincat for Connor Murphy, I suggested Pesce for example who would at worst be our 3rd best D imo. Some are after Chychrun, who again would be our 3rd best D at worst. The idea is with Zub as our #4 D we'd have a really strong group.

Order of importance is Center, D, goalie, wings.
We'll manage without a small winger, idk if the same can be said of without a well slotted group of top 4 D.
Well when you call him a “small winger” instead of a “first line multiple 40 goal scoring winger“ it certainly helps your point.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
It comes down to the assets we have aren't for sale, Pinto, Greig and our 1st are all right up there with what other teams can offer, we just aren't and shouldn't give them up for Chychrun. We have DeBrincat too who should be right up there in value too,
Sorry guys they can afford to give up is what I meant. This is Dorions fault too. Buffalo and L.A have stock piled enough assets.

Reactions: Micklebot

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
But it doesn’t come down to that. There is no reason not to keep all six guys, the odd one being 35 years old, as long as DBC wants to stay. His deal isn’t hindering us from picking up a top 4 D man.

We already have two stars and one defensive rock in the top four. We need another young Zub, not another Chabot or Sanderson.

That’s how I feel anyways. The scoring forward depth right now is already stretch over three scoring lines right now, which has been effective. Take DBC out and the second line loses its young scorer.
Well, DeBrincat can walk himself into 9 mil next season, then we're stuck penny pinching to fill out the top 4 and starting goalie. We then have to deal with the risk that DeBrincat could walk himself to UFA at which point he has all the leverage once again.

You look at the D Colorado won with, Makar, Toews, Girard, Byram

Tbay twice: Hedman, Sergachev, McDonagh, Shatenkirk the first time, Cernek,

Blues: Parayko, Boumeester, Dunn, Pietrangelo,

D is super important, Zub realistically should be our #4, at least if we want to compete with the big dogs.

Reactions: Cosmix

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Well when you call him a “small winger” instead of a “first line multiple 40 goal scoring winger“ it certainly helps your point.
He is small. How will he perform in the playoffs, his one appearance so far doesn't suggest he'll take things to another level. He certainly isn't in pace for 40 this year, maybe playing with prime Kane plays into that?

I'm not trying to say he's a bad player, I just think D is more important than wingers, even really good ones.

Karl Prime

Feb 13, 2017
A 2nd pair D of good quality will be 4-5 mil. Stutzle and Zub get their raises next season, and DeBrincat will surely be north of 6.4. Then Sanderson will likely be getting 5+ in his next deal in 24-25. And they have to be forward thinking and know that Pinto and Greig will need decent money if they play how we think they can, especially Greig.

Thankfully I'm not a capologist and someone (hopefully not Dorion) will be paid a lot to craft this team going forward.

Edit: I just did some loose Capfriendly team building stuff. Signed DeBrincat for 8M, Pinto for 2.5M, Sokolov and JBD to 950K, Talbot to 3.8M and Holden to 1. My roster was Brady, Tim, Giroux, Cat, Norris, Batherson, Joseph, Greig, Pinto, Jarventie, Kelly, and Sokolov up front, and Chabot, Zub, Sanderson, Zaitsev, Holden, and JBD on the back with Talbot and Forsberg. That team was over 84 mil, aka over next year's 83.5 cap, and that's without the top 4 D they need. And with Sanderson, Greig, JBD, and the 4th line all under a mil.

Now clearly that's a loose thing I put together in 5 minutes but I don't know if they can sign DeBrincat and get a solid top 4 D. In a trade they would be shedding some salary to get their guy but like I said, they have to be cognizant of the raises that Sanderson and Greig will need soon enough. Buying out Zaitsev is 2,833,334 against the cap.

Last edited:

Sens Vader

Jan 23, 2016
I think we just need a solid 2nd pairing dman, and a new coach

If we trade Debrincat I’d just look for a hockey trade similar to Laine for Dubois. We still desperately need a top 9 that can score

Reactions: NB613 and bicboi64

Alex1234

Oct 14, 2014
Why would people not charged have defence lawyers? This is back and forth between the cops and the prosecuting attorney.
You said ''you were certainly not a justice expert'' and I 100% believe you

''Lawyers representing a group of former Canadian Hockey League players accused of sexually assaulting a woman in 2018 say the players will cooperate with the National Hockey League’s investigation into the incident and that the league should not discipline the players because any sexual contact between the players and the woman was consensual.''

''Davidson and Louis Strezos are among a group of 13 criminal defence lawyers who represent seven hockey players connected to a sexual assault lawsuit that has shaken the hockey world in recent months.''

Reactions: L'Aveuglette

Sens Vader

Jan 23, 2016
Garriohc mentioned Dumba again in the Sens Talk interview

Said we could trade for a UFA and give him some term

So I’d add Dumba and Schenn to the mix

Reactions: NB613

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
Well, DeBrincat can walk himself into 9 mil next season, then we're stuck penny pinching to fill out the top 4 and starting goalie. We then have to deal with the risk that DeBrincat could walk himself to UFA at which point he has all the leverage once again.

You look at the D Colorado won with, Makar, Toews, Girard, Byram

Tbay twice: Hedman, Sergachev, McDonagh, Shatenkirk the first time, Cernek,

Blues: Parayko, Boumeester, Dunn, Pietrangelo,

D is super important, Zub realistically should be our #4, at least if we want to compete with the big dogs.
I agree that D is super important. I just don’t see a real deal out there that makes sense asset wise that has been mentioned.

Some of those guys mentioned wouldn’t cost a DBC to pick up, or didn’t when they were picked up, and Girard isn’t anything special.

We need to focus on shoring up the right side, that’s not a mystery, but we have to find the right guy. Chychrun isn’t an RD that we need, and I’m not really enthused by the guys rumoured to be available.

So who is the guy?

We’re better off finding a guy in a deep system that may not be getting the opportunities he needs.

In the end I’m sure there could be a deal that would be cool by me out there.

As for DBC, man, I wouldn’t want to be signing the QO. If a deal can’t be worked out we need to trade him before the season.

Answer

Dec 17, 2006
Edmonton
If Giroux was still able to play center, don't you think that would have been the first move after Norris went down?

Given they over slotted Pinto into the 2C role, either they're complete idiots or Giroux no longer moves well enough to play center. I'm going with the latter

Yet they tried Brassard at Center on the 2nd line. Does he move better than Giroux?

bicboi64

Aug 13, 2020
Brampton
I think we just need a solid 2nd pairing dman, and a new coach

If we trade Debrincat I’d just look for a hockey trade similar to Laine for Dubois. We still desperately need a top 9 that can score
I was thinking a Seth Jones for Ryan Johansan type move. Established palyers (at the time) in their respective positions that are being moved by teams to address needs

Ouroboros

There is no armour against Fate
Feb 3, 2008
Just listened to the Ray and Dregs podcast from a few days ago and there was some pretty interesting stuff said about Debrincat...

According to Dreger, there is 'a little bit of heat developing around Debrincat, similar to Pierre-Luc Dubois in Winnipeg'. Apparently there is a perception that he's not interested in sticking around in Ottawa.

How wild is it that the Sens have still yet to have any sort of substantive talks with his agent? I feel like I can see where this is headed, and it's probably Debrincat just accepting his 9M QO and walking himself to the market next summer.

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
Just listened to the Ray and Dregs podcast from a few days ago and there was some pretty interesting stuff said about Debrincat...

According to Dreger, there is 'a little bit of heat developing around Debrincat, similar to Pierre-Luc Dubois in Winnipeg'. Apparently there is a perception that he's not interested in sticking around in Ottawa.

How wild is it that the Sens have still yet to have any sort of substantive talks with his agent? I feel like I can see where this is headed, and it's probably Debrincat just accepting his 9M QO and walking himself to the market next summer.
Zero chance of that.

He gets traded before his QO if he doesn’t want to be here.

Reactions: Cosmix

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
Yes it certainly does help his point, but the problem is that DeBrincat hasn't performed in a way that helps his contract status. He simply hasn't put the biscuit in the basket. If he had another 10 goals, and he damn near could just on converting half of his blatant misses, we'd probably have several more points and we'd really be in the thick of a race.

Reactions: DrEasy

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
You said ''you were certainly not a justice expert'' and I 100% believe you

''Lawyers representing a group of former Canadian Hockey League players accused of sexually assaulting a woman in 2018 say the players will cooperate with the National Hockey League’s investigation into the incident and that the league should not discipline the players because any sexual contact between the players and the woman was consensual.''

''Davidson and Louis Strezos are among a group of 13 criminal defence lawyers who represent seven hockey players connected to a sexual assault lawsuit that has shaken the hockey world in recent months.''
What you posted that I responded to was that this might be taking time because of back and forth between prosecutors and defence attorneys.

Again I'm not a justice expert but what you're suggesting isn't really plausible. Sure the players can have lawyers making statements on their behalf but that's not holding up charges being laid. Charges being laid are at the sole discretion of the crown. Once those charges are laid, the crown provides defense attorneys with disclosure which informs the defense strategy.

But right now, no, defense attorneys and the crown are not negotiating whether charges should be laid which I believe was the implication you made. If it wasn't, my bad

stempniaksen

Oct 12, 2008
Some of us think the defensive issues are just as much (if not more) a result of DJ than the personnel.

Does that mean you roll into next season with Zub/Zaitsev/JBD/Thomson on the right side? Of course not.

Does it mean that maybe this team can get by with a #4 instead of a #2? Yeah I think so honestly.

Chabot should/could rebound to a more consistent player under a new coaching staff, Sanderson should continue to make strides and be a legitimate all-situations defenceman next season. Zub is Zub, absolutely fine as a 3/4 if his health issues are behind him.

Count me as someone who would like to keep DeBrincat (among the other core forwards) and aim for a Matt Roy/Connor Murphy type (who shouldn't cost anywhere near a DeBrincat type piece) who are cost controlled enough to not break the budget. Replace the upcoming UFA's making $1+ million with ELC's and you've got the space to add a middle pairing guy. If PD finds a taker for Zaitsev on top of that he's laughing.

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
Zero chance of that.

He gets traded before his QO if he doesn’t want to be here.
I agree the Senators should trade Debrinca if he is not willing to sign a long term contract at about $8M AAV.

However I have doubts that Dorion would do that given his approach with Stone. Dorion can be played.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad