Proposal: Trade Rumours/Proposals PART XXXXX

Status
Not open for further replies.

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
If Dorion trades Formenton for a bag of pucks, we should dump Dorion immediately.
Wait now. That depends on what kind of bag and how many pucks doesn't it?

Imo, this depends on whether Formenton is charged. If he is, he'll never play here again would be my guess. If he isn't, we hold his rights and I'd expect him in the opening night lineup this September

I do find it odd that no charges have been laid at this point

TeamRenzo

Jul 20, 2009
I don't think it's about being down on DeBrincat, anybody looking to trade him is doing so because they want to shore up another area.

You got to give to get and in a cap world you need to make tough choices.
If we trade DeBrincat we will immediately look to replace him.

OgieO

May 17, 2006
Halifax
I am not ready to get rid of Formenton because the allegations of wrong doing have not been proven nor addressed in court as of this date.

The story so far is filled with uncertainties about what happened, why it happened, and who did what to whom.

It seems to me that the police are not proceeding quickly with laying of charges and I suspect the evidence may not support charges being laid.
The public story is certainly full of uncertainties, but I think the teams know who the players were that were involved and at what general level. Different risk over different players. Some teams know certain players were around the room briefly but weren't involved in anything sexual so they don't really mind playing them while others were ground zero so to speak. Was I cryptic enough?

Reactions: NB613 and Samboni

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
We have Greig who looks good in the top 6.

We have far more depth for the top 9 than we do at D imo, what's more important, your 6th top 6 player, or your 4th Top 4 D? I think that's easily the Dman, build from the net out, wings are the last position to fill.

Big Muddy

Dec 15, 2019
I think we are better stocked with forwards than defense. Grieg could step up to fill in for a departed Debrincat for example.

Conversely, not sure we have defensemen in our system that can step up in the same way. We are not as well stocked with higher end defensemen prospects and it seems like we have more question marks there. I hope that it could be JBD, but it seems like he should be getting TOI with the big club now given where we are now this year in the standings.

We also need another goaltender for next year. So, we have several need areas to address with a more limited $83.5 m cap.

There is a scenario or projected roster if they wanted to sign/keep Debrincat. If they can find a good RD for $5 m (or under), sign a dependable 2nd goal tender for $2 m approx, and go with a lot of low cost players (ELCs or very low cost vets) in the bottom half of the lineup, we might be able to squeak by the crunch this year.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Wait now. That depends on what kind of bag and how many pucks doesn't it?

Imo, this depends on whether Formenton is charged. If he is, he'll never play here again would be my guess. If he isn't, we hold his rights and I'd expect him in the opening night lineup this September

I do find it odd that no charges have been laid at this point
I think the only way Formenton comes back is if Dorion is gone. They iced him out when the rest of the guys implicated had contracts and got to play.

I just think there isnt enough evidence given they have the video of the girl consenting. Not saying it wasnt wrong but it should have been done by now and thats appears to be the same reason that no charges were laid the first time the police investigated.

I dunno, depends on if Formenton comes back. Obviously Formenton is not as good a player in a vacuum but he is a LW and he brings something this team is extremely lacking. Speed, hard checking and pressure on the forcheck. This team is missing a burner. Formenton along with Grieg gives them more top 9 depth.

stempniaksen

Oct 12, 2008
This team has like 8.5 top-nine forwards when healthy. I don't see a scenario where Formenton comes back to play here (X factor) or where the Jarventie/Sokolov/Crookshank types force their way into the lineup.

The top-nine looks strong on paper, but moving DeBrincat without some kind of top-six replacement coming back would be a mistake, imo. Sure, you've shored up your 2nd pair, but suddenly the group up front is extremely thin. Couple that with Norris' injury history and Giroux's age and it's a recipe for disaster.

BankStreetParade

Jan 22, 2013
Ottawa
I just think there isnt enough evidence given they have the video of the girl consenting. Not saying it wasnt wrong but it should have been done by now and thats appears to be the same reason that no charges were laid the first time the police investigated.
The police are well known for their impressive handling and investigation of sexual assault crimes.

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
I think the only way Formenton comes back is if Dorion is gone. They iced him out when the rest of the guys implicated had contracts and got to play.

I dunno, depends on if Formenton comes back. Obviously Formenton is not as good a player in a vacuum but he is a LW and he brings something this team is extremely lacking. Speed, hard checking and pressure on the forcheck. This team is missing a burner. Formenton along with Grieg gives them more top 9 depth.
I don't think there's enough evidence either. This scandal blew up 9 months ago. They didn't charge anyone the first time around and second time around they haven't moved forward with charges yet. I'm certainly not a justice expert but I can't fathom that the cops are still trying to gather evidence

Politically this will be really difficult if charges aren't laid but at this stage I'd think they don't have reasonable grounds for conviction

Reactions: Cosmix

KevinRedkey

12/18/23 and beyond!
Jan 22, 2010
Or we have a lot of homers ;)

10th vs 14th has some value, but not necessarily anything significant (i.e. would Vancouver pay more than a 3rd to move up 4 spots?)
Beauvillier > Joseph
Myers > Zaitsev

According to this random chart I found, it would cost ~48th overall (mid-2nd rounder) to move up those 4 spots in a normal draft. That's somewhat in line with the value I was thinking, so it fits my narrative. lol

MHN.png

Reactions: NB613

Alex1234

Oct 14, 2014
Yep
We could be looking at 2025-6 with no Debrincat no Giroux
But one more year of Joseph lol

Keep Cat and try UFA in the summer (Gudas , Jensen, Holl, Severson, Shattenkirk, Mayfield,Clifton Van Riensdyk) what ever fits your bill

If you need to trade Debrincat because he doesn't want to re-sign (with I think its going to happen)
Try to Send him back home for Hronek or something

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
It has to be Kane. Jones would never come to Canada.

Just let me have this…

Wouldn’t be surprised if it’s actually Anaheim we’re scouting.
Mccabe seems like the exact player that Dorion would go for

Alex1234

Oct 14, 2014
I don't think there's enough evidence either. This scandal blew up 9 months ago. They didn't charge anyone the first time around and second time around they haven't moved forward with charges yet. I'm certainly not a justice expert but I can't fathom that the cops are still trying to gather evidence

Politically this will be really difficult if charges aren't laid but at this stage I'd think they don't have reasonable grounds for conviction
Back and forth between defense lawyers and prosecutors can't take a loooong time too

Wondercarrot

By The Power of Canadian Tire Centre
Jul 2, 2002
I can equate their situations fine.

You really think the Sens would be bold enough to keep Bath around if he's just as responsible as Formenton just because he already has a contract? You think that would somehow take the heat off of them if the investigation reveals he was an active participant?

I don't think so. No way the league would allow it.

Well there from all accounts other guys (5 total I think?) that seem to have been zeroed in on and those guys all have contracts and are playing.
ONLY Formenton is not playing, also only guy without a contract.

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
While true, Stone's career is in serious jeopardy. Wouldn't want to have that contract on the books right now.

true, I thought the Begas contract was a bit rich. But at the time, to see what Horvat got with the big contract attached to it Stone is a better player - just brutal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad