Attachments

• Screen Shot 2023-03-22 at 3.19.32 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2023-03-22 at 3.19.32 PM.png
    453.4 KB · Views: 3

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
just realized a Swayman offersheet makes a ton of sense.

If you sign him in the 3's that is only a second round pick in compensation. Boston can't afford that with their cap situation. Only question is, does Pierre have the balls to do it?

Hell why stop there.

I'd easily give up a 1st+ in an offer sheet for Swayman.

He's been an exceptional goalie at every level he's played at. Hasn't had a single season below .910 SV% in a decade.

Should get our 3rd round pick back and offer sheet him for 6M+ on a long-term deal.

Sun God Nika

Palestine <3.
Apr 22, 2013
Hell why stop there.

I'd easily give up a 1st+ in an offer sheet for Swayman.

He's been an exceptional goalie at every level he's played at. Hasn't had a single season below .910 SV% in a decade.

Should get our 3rd round pick back and offer sheet him for 6M+ on a long-term deal.

Cap is tight already. Goalie market is a different game. max you can get him for at a 2nd round pick comp is 4.2M will Boston pay that for their back up when they are already pushed to their ceiling?

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
Cap is tight already. Goalie market is a different game. max you can get him for at a 2nd round pick comp is 4.2M will Boston pay that for their back up when they are already pushed to their ceiling?
If Swayman gets that then , DBC has to go , to make salary cap.
Not to mention we’ve traded enough picks for a non playoff team.

Reactions: Relapsing

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008

They'll certainly match that, even if it means having to trade a player to fit him under the cap.

All it would do is piss off Boston and potentially mean a retaliatory offer sheet for one of our RFAs down the line.

Only possibility to get him in a Sens jersey would be to offer a salary the Bruins would have a very hard time fitting in, while also putting up a 1st round pick in the deal so they feel if they don't match they'll still get something good in return.

The Devilish Buffoon

Dec 24, 2018
Yeah price is ultimate catch. I don’t know what it would take
Lucic is a weird player. He can take over shifts but looks like he's limping 80% of the time he's on the ice. I think he needs to be on a team that can hide him in the lineup and I just don't think we're that team.

Obviously if its like a Brassard situation I'd jump through hoops to appease him but short of that it feels like a pipe dream (one I've had for over a decade)

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
If the Senators wanted to trade Kleven they could have included him in the Chychrun deal and retained a draft pick.

Most likely outcome is that they will promise him and Craig Oster that Brannstrom will be dumped this summer to clear the path for him.
I doubt that happens.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
I doubt that happens.
While I think it's possible that Kleven could replace Brannstrom in that 3rd LD spot at some point I doubt something like that ever gets mentioned to agents. They will see sooner or later where Kleven is in his development & whether he will need time in Belleville or not. The other point of contention here will be the numbers game & how many one way contracts they have & that might force Kleven to Belleville until they can make roster room. If Kleven is sent to Belleville that could give Brannstrom a little more time before that's Kleven's spot for good, I think it's inevitable.

Reactions: Cosmix

Big Muddy

Dec 15, 2019
I see a few Debrincat trade threads on the main board (Trade Rumour section). Most of the poster's that reply provide the per usual Chicken Little sky is falling response of course.

The Debrincat thread on this Senators sub-forum may be a better place for this subject.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
I see a few Debrincat trade threads on the main board (Trade Rumour section). Most of the poster's that reply provide the per usual Chicken Little sky is falling response of course.

The Debrincat thread on this Senators sub-forum may be a better place for this subject.
How do I mute threads. I would like to mute the debrincat one

Reaves is making $1,750,000 this season. I think I prefer Reaves to Lucic.
I would take either but I think we do really need someone like them. (Or just them) to allow the kids to play a liiiiiiittttllleee more on the edge.

Reactions: Cosmix

The Devilish Buffoon

Dec 24, 2018

I would take either but I think we do really need someone like them. (Or just them) to allow the kids to play a liiiiiiittttllleee more on the edge.
I wouldnt bother, I have tried muting a thread or two and it really messed with functionality.

The Devilish Buffoon

Dec 24, 2018
I just like don’t want to see it Honeslty lol. Wish I could just like remove it from my queue
Hey, you must know there have been times I've seen a post that annoyed me on here, tried to ignore it, and then gave up on resisting and sunk an hour into an "agree to disagree" scenario lol. We must strengthen our minds brother.

• Haha
Reactions: Bileur

Big Muddy

Dec 15, 2019
I wouldnt bother, I have tried muting a thread or two and it really messed with functionality.
Yes, a simple thing to do is just to not click on the thread. I must admit, I've looked at these threads, but after a minute or two of reading the responses, decided it was better to bail out.

Discussion would be nice, but its too much to expect I guess.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Hey, you must know there have been times I've seen a post that annoyed me on here, tried to ignore it, and then gave up on resisting and sunk an hour into an "agree to disagree" scenario lol. We must strengthen our minds brother.
Yeah I know first hand lmaaaao.

It’s just that one particular thread that bugs me. And I’m not sure why no thread in my decade here has ever really bugged me

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site

Id love to get Reaves in the offseason.

This could be the sens next season if were extremely lucky. (could this fit under the salary cap I didnt do the math probably not)

Tkachuk Norris Batherson
Debrincat Stutzle Giroux
Formenton Pinto Joseph
Greig Kastelic Reaves
Kelly Gambrell Sokolov

Sanderson Zub
Chabot Brannstrom
Chychrun Hamonic
Kleven JBD

Varlamov
Forsberg
Soogard