Proposal: Trade Rumours/Proposals [MOD - Stay on Topic]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
DJ hates Thomson and JBD and has ruined their development. JBD should have been playing ahead of a plug like Holden.
Do you really think jbd is better than Holden? I dono. Not sure jbd has it.

At least thomson showed some flashed playing with chabot

Sun God Nika

Palestine <3.
Apr 22, 2013
I'd look to sign Stalock to a 1 year deal a little over a mill. Has good stats on a terrible Hawks team.

Ya I am kind of done taking risks at goaltending.

Sens need to move out Forsberg and Joseph and acquire a big fish goalie on the market.

Demko, Gibson, Hart?, Saros, Swayman offersheet.

Run Sogaard as your back up and keep a deep pipeline of mando , leevi and Ferguson pushing each other in the minors for when injuries occur

Reactions: gab6511 and Yak

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
Find a way to get the following combinations this off-season:

Crouse/Gudas/Wood/Varlamov

Saros/Soucy/Zucker(or Tatar)/Ritchie

instead of: DeBrincat/Holden/Hamonic/Forsberg/Brassard(if we get Saros).

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Solid guy to pair with Forsberg, UFA. Maybe go to 4M -5M for 1-3 years. More years = less AAV.
5 mil for varly to pair with Forsberg would give us one of the most expensive tandems in the league. We should be moving away from Forsberg if we don't see him as starter material or at least a 1b option

Extending Forsberg seems to have been a mistake given we clearly don't see him as more than a backup.

Reactions: DrEasy

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
5 mil for varly to pair with Forsberg would give us one of the most expensive tandems in the league. We should be moving away from Forsberg if we don't see him as starter material or at least a 1b option

Extending Forsberg seems to have been a mistake given we clearly don't see him as more than a backup.
Yeah I don’t think this is the way the team will go next season. Maybe another cheap vet, or they go with Soo and Berg. I don’t think the team sees Forsberg as a mistake. Injuries derailed his season but he’s been solid for us generally speaking.

I don’t know why everyone is so quick to throw players away when they stumble. The cycle of chasing players instead of building stability is a massive mistake in my opinion, which is why I dont see us doing it. That was filling out the roster during the rebuild behaviour, now guys need to have a few seasons of playing together.

I don’t see us making any major moves this off season beyond signings, and maybe a bottom six player and vet goalie if they want to go that route again.

Agent Zuuuub

Jan 2, 2015
Big no to Hamonic being signed if the contract isn't near league min. He is a defensive defenseman who sucks defensively. When you have a regular like him signals that you are not serious about winning.

Our worst stretches of hockey are when Hamonic is playing in the top 4. To be a great team we need depth that can rotate up. There are better, younger, hungrier players we could easily fill that spot with.

Reactions: NB613

StoicSensFan

ᕕ(ᐛ)ᕗ
Feb 6, 2014
Big no to Hamonic being signed if the contract isn't near league min. He is a defensive defenseman who sucks defensively. When you have a regular like him signals that you are not serious about winning.

Our worst stretches of hockey are when Hamonic is playing in the top 4. To be a great team we need depth that can rotate up. There are better, younger, hungrier players we could easily fill that spot with.
Would be nice to get him for league minimum, but our PK is top 10 in the league and he's a huge part of that - he leads our team in shorthanded minutes by a decent amount. Hamonic is a warrior and his willingness to put his body on the line every game is the type of hockey that our young players need to learn from if we want to make any noise in the playoffs. I agree that he should slot into the bottom pairing though.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
I think some posters have an idea of a roster of all perfectly paid mainstays. Like a fantasy that we have the perfect bottom six all paid locked up. The best teams have their core locked. Other people rotate. Look at lightning they went out and rented goodrow and Coleman lol. Two very good players that they can not afford to sign long term they rented them. And then went off next free agency. That’s cool.

I think pinto and Joseph is a perfectly fine start to your bottom six. We don’t need to trade off top 6 wingers to try and improve the bottom six.

When our core builds more chemistry they will get us into playoff positions. Then we can trade assets for bottom six help for the playoffs

The only guy I lock up is pinto as he’s the center. Every one else is fodder. Our scoutings should fill out our bottom 6 after him.

Last edited:

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
Solid guy to pair with Forsberg, UFA. Maybe go to 4M -5M for 1-3 years. More years = less AAV.

Woahhh woahhhhhh. 5 mill for WHO? 5 million over 3 years? Would definitely rather give a million to Stalock instead.

I think some posters have an idea of a roster of all perfectly paid mainstays. Like a fantasy that we have the perfect bottom six all paid locked up. The best teams have their core locked. Other people rotate. Look at lightning they went out and rented goodrow and Coleman lol. Two very good players that they can not afford to sign long term they rented them. And then went off next free agency. That’s cool.

I think pinto and Joseph is a perfectly fine start to your bottom six. We don’t need to trade off top 6 wingers to try and improve the bottom six.

When our core builds more chemistry they will get us into playoff positions. Then we can trade assets for bottom six help for the playoffs

The only guy I lock up is pinto as he’s the center. Every one else is fodder. Our scoutings should fill out our bottom 6 after him.

This is a good point. But I also don't even think it's about retaining DeBrincat as much as it is getting bigger and putting some of that depth on an important goalie/RD acquisition.

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
Woahhh woahhhhhh. 5 mill for WHO? 5 million over 3 years? Would definitely rather give a million to Stalock instead.

This is a good point. But I also don't even think it's about retaining DeBrincat as much as it is getting bigger and putting some of that depth on an important goalie/RD acquisition.
Varlamov would be a big upgrade. Ideally it would be 4M as he’s older but if we could go 1 year at 5M I’d do it.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013

No more important D acquisitions. How many teams in the NHL have 6 sick d men. No more of that. If a coach cannot get that top 4 into the playoffs that’s on the coach. That’s another fantasy just like 3 unreal pairings.

Goalie yes. We need a goalie we trust. Saying that. What do you seriously give for a goalie that isn’t an elite level goalie? Because I would give NOTHING. I do not trust goalies. If one of the big boys become available. Okay I’ll listen.

Wallet Inspector

Jan 19, 2013
It will sound mean-spirited but I dislike that Nashville is playing so well after the trade deadline, because it means they won't commit to a rebuild this summer, which means they won't trade Saros.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004

Hamonic has more pts & goals than Brannstrom & plays so much better defensively & isn't overpowered by forwards like Brannstrom is constantly.

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
Hamonic has more pts & goals than Brannstrom & plays so much better defensively & isn't overpowered by forwards like Brannstrom is constantly.
Yes Brannstrom gets overpowered by bigger players sometimes but so do Chabot and Holden.

Agent Zuuuub

Jan 2, 2015

One of the few good things about Hamonic is his offensive instincts and big shot so not taking that from him.

But Hamonic is one of our easiest players to forecheck, softer than Brannstrom. Consistently makes terrible momentum killing turnovers and mistakes. He can be detrimental to the chemistry of the team, we can do better.

As a 6/7 player with an appropriate contract sure, but one of the big reasons for the downfall of the Senators this year was Hamonic getting too many minutes.

• Haha
Reactions: Golden_Jet

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
One of the few good things about Hamonic is his offensive instincts and big shot so not taking that from him.

But Hamonic is one of our easiest players to forecheck, softer than Brannstrom. Consistently makes terrible momentum killing turnovers and mistakes. He can be detrimental to the chemistry of the team, we can do better.

As a 6/7 player with an appropriate contract sure, but one of the big reasons for the downfall of the Senators this year was Hamonic getting too many minutes.
Biggest downfall this year has been goaltending again

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013

The Brann Fan Force is Strong
1679789356320.png

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
FA discussion :
Looking at FA wondering who could work.

At wing can we bring in foligno at cheaper than what hes making now? I still like lucic but who knows his cost.

Someone who can play wing and center? White, girgensons?

Ferland is due for a pay cut? Is Miles wood due for a pay cut?

Sheary? Bellemare?

Edit: should probbaly
Put this in the proposal thread

I think key to depth next year is to have people on the fourth line that can slide up into the third.

This year we had kelly and Kastelic on the fourth and there’s simply no way those guys can play any higher up in the lineup right now.

Sens Vader

Jan 23, 2016
I honestly think we gotta roll with Forsberg and Sogaard next year. The prospect of getting a true number 1 with our cap, assets, and the availability of them makes it unrealistic

Load up the defense and score score score

Reactions: DrEasy and NB613
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad