Proposal: Trade Rumours/Proposals [MOD - Stay on Topic]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Johnny Hanson

Jul 6, 2008
Similar to Chabot, Aaron Ekblad is having a down year in Florida.

Thoughts on swapping the two?

Ekblad is under contract for two more years as opposed to Chabby's 5 more years.

I'd lean towards keeping Chabot myself but a top 4 of:

Chychrun - Ekblad
Sanderson - Zub

is pretty appealing.
The guy can’t skate anymore. Hard no on that trade

Reactions: NB613

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Sure, that makes sense.

Much more than not understanding a players worth in the very least.
A players worth is what a team will pay and also the value to the holding team. Yes goalies don’t go for much usually. But if I had a young bonafide number 1 goalie. I don’t want to trade him. So if anyone wants him. The deal is going to have to blow me away.

OD99

Oct 13, 2012
Hamonic has more pts & goals than Brannstrom & plays so much better defensively & isn't overpowered by forwards like Brannstrom is constantly.
You never use goals and points to compare D but with Branny you thrown it out there all the time.

Brannstrom is now 51% OZ starts but is 52% CORSI while Hamonic is 35% OZ starts and 44% CORSI.

There is more to D than being big. Having a good stick, getting the puck and moving it out with possession is a huge asset in today's game.

Think of how many times we get in trouble when we just shovel the puck out and it comes right back in or we get hemmed in from a failed clearing attempt.

Branny controls and moves the puck out better than anyone on the D not named Sanderson or Chabot.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
A players worth is what a team will pay and also the value to the holding team. Yes goalies don’t go for much usually. But if I had a young bonafide number 1 goalie. I don’t want to trade him. So if anyone wants him. The deal is going to have to blow me away.
Well, yeah. No team is going to pay anywhere close to a Sanderson type payment for Demko. Not remotely close. No team values him anywhere near that price.

We know what the Canucks “were” looking for for Demko, as they “were” looking to trade him, and no teams would pay that amount, and it was significantly less than a Sanderson type guy.

I think they’re perfectly fine keeping him, and will and should, because no team will offer a big player or prospect for him. He’s worth much more than any return he’d get.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
What did he say?
I may have misunderstood.

But the convo went something like this

They were talking about new owners and he said like “we have much more to talk about this morning incluuudddiiingggg a potential debrincat extension.

The co host is like “ahh yes that little nugget…or debate”

Reactions: Micklebot

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
You never use goals and points to compare D but with Branny you thrown it out there all the time.

Brannstrom is now 51% OZ starts but is 52% CORSI while Hamonic is 35% OZ starts and 44% CORSI.

There is more to D than being big. Having a good stick, getting the puck and moving it out with possession is a huge asset in today's game.

Think of how many times we get in trouble when we just shovel the puck out and it comes right back in or we get hemmed in from a failed clearing attempt.

Branny controls and moves the puck out better than anyone on the D not named Sanderson or Chabot.
Ya more OZ starts Will give you a better Corsi than lower OZ starts. That’s how it works.

Johnny Hanson

Jul 6, 2008
I may have misunderstood.

But the convo went something like this

They were talking about new owners and he said like “we have much more to talk about this morning incluuudddiiingggg a potential debrincat extension.

The co host is like “ahh yes that little nugget…or debate”
I think you misunderstood. The co host was saying it’s all going to be positive news stories this summer, with the new ownership, arena plans etc. JR said what about the debrincat contract extension, indicating that might not be as positive

Alex1234

Oct 14, 2014
Are we sure Korpisalo is re-signing with LA?
Cuz he would be a good back up to Sooggard
(For the record I dont think Forsberg will ever be the same after the injury)

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
I think you misunderstood. The co host was saying it’s all going to be positive news stories this summer, with the new ownership, arena plans etc. JR said what about the debrincat contract extension, indicating that might not be as positive
Yeah it did not sound positive. But it sounded like he had inside info and was going to talk about it.

Reactions: Johnny Hanson

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
For people saying we need to trade debrincat for. Help on the third line.

What’s the difference between that and saying
“Next year we get norris back and pinto moves down to the third line.

Like “we need to acquire elite third liners”

Or

“Acquire 1b center and slide our current second line center down.

I’ll take option b

Reactions: NB613 and Ice-Tray

OD99

Oct 13, 2012
Ya more OZ starts Will give you a better Corsi than lower OZ starts. That’s how it works.
Ya, I put the OZ starts in to ensure transparency.

The main point is about Branny using his stick well and getting the puck out, under control.

Many times he gains control and uses his edges to create time and space until the forecheckers back off to defensive positions.

He uses the net a lot as well.

Good defenders come in all shapes and sizes.

Reactions: Bileur and DrEasy

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
People aren't rational when it comes to Talbot for some reason.

He's got a .905 SV% on a terrible defensive team. That's pretty good.

He's a decent 1B goalie. Definitely should get at least 3M on a short-term deal, but 5M is crazy.

Reactions: OmniSens and Cosmix

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
I would possibly pay Talbot $1 million/year on a one year deal.
…but then again I’m not entirely sure I really want him on the team for free, so there is that.
Too little at $1M for 1 year.

I think he would be fortunate to get what he is earning now $3.67M.

Last edited:

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
With the projected salary cap of $83.5M for next season, the average amount per player for a 20 man roster would be $4.175 (for a 23 man roster $3.63M). Using that as a guide (not the rule), the amount to be spent for 2 goaltenders would be $7.26M to $8.35M. Forsberg is getting $2.75M which would leave $4.51 for a second goaltender using the 23 man roster average. I am not saying this should be paid!

Sogaard's salary is $0.925 next season.

We could use Sogaard at his low salary as the backup and use the savings to pay for Debrincat, better bottom 6 Fs and our higher cost set of Ds.

Wondercarrot

By The Power of Canadian Tire Centre
Jul 2, 2002
Too little at $1M for 1 year.

I think he would be fortunate to get what he is earning now $3.67M.

I mean I guess for sure it’s too little, but my appetite for paying him more is also very little.
How many games has he been needed but out with injury?
Maybe I am over estimating his lack of availability…we have one goalie whose health going into the season is in question, I’m not sure another year with a 35 year old is where we should be going here…

Reactions: Cosmix and DrEasy

armani

High Jacques
Apr 8, 2005
Uranus
From Dean Brown, so I’d take it with a gigantic, astronomical pile of shit.

I find it hard to envision Talbot, at 36, and his agent, coming off a year with the worst numbers in his career, is asking for the largest contract of his career.

Corrected. Makes no sense for him to ask anything like that from any NHL team.

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
From Dean Brown, so I’d take it with a gigantic, astronomical grain of salt.

I find it hard to envision Talbot, at 36, and his agent, coming off a year with the worst numbers in his career, is asking for the largest contract of his career.
Could be 2.5 x 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad