Proposal: Trade Rumours/Proposals [MOD - Stay on Topic]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
I honestly think we gotta roll with Forsberg and Sogaard next year. The prospect of getting a true number 1 with our cap, assets, and the availability of them makes it unrealistic

Load up the defense and score score score

Sogaard is not ready, that much is obvious after watching him in his time with the big club.

Not his fault either. Kid has played a grand total of 63 games for Belleville over the last 3 years. Needs more seasoning.

Our biggest need by far is to add a goalie to split starts with Forsberg. At the very least we need a 1B starter.

Reactions: GCK

Sens Vader

Jan 23, 2016
Sogaard is not ready, that much is obvious after watching him in his time with the big club.

Not his fault either. Kid has played a grand total of 63 games for Belleville over the last 3 years. Needs more seasoning.

Our biggest need by far is to add a goalie to split starts with Forsberg. At the very least we need a 1B starter.

It is a huge need, but again we don't have the assets, cap space, or enough availability on the market to make it happen IMO.

Outside of 1-2 goalies there is too much risk.

We can shore up the goaltending by bringing in another vet, but I think actually acquiring a true number 1 is gonna be rough

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
It is a huge need, but again we don't have the assets, cap space, or enough availability on the market to make it happen IMO.

We can shore up the goaltending by bringing in another vet, but I think actually acquiring a true number 1 is gonna be rough

We will have the assets and cap space to make it happen if we trade DeBrincat.

I agree that availability will be the biggest challenge. There's been names like Swayman, Saros, Hart, Demko, etc... thrown around but I doubt more than 1 or maybe 2 will be actually made available, even for an overpayment.

If we can't get one of those potential long-term answers we should look at a short-term fix like Andersen, Varlamov, Raanta, etc...

Sens Vader

Jan 23, 2016

I agree that availability will be the biggest challenge. There's been names like Swayman, Saros, Hart, Demko, etc... thrown around but I doubt more than 1 or maybe 2 will be actually made available, even for an overpayment.

If we can't get one of those potential long-term answers we should look at a short-term fix like Andersen, Varlamov, Raanta, etc...

Well thats true, if we trade DeBrincat were in the market for sure.

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005

Agreed, either a 1 year guy, or Soogard, until the following year. Maybe different if DBC moves , but I’d rather keep him if price is right.
Hard to get a 1 year guy though

Reactions: Sens Vader

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Isn't this beautiful? Read this from a Canucks fan :

"In fact I would want more than just Sanderson for Demko because it's hard for a team to get a goalie like him. Just ask Leafs, Oilers etc."

• Haha
Reactions: DrEasy

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa

"In fact I would want more than just Sanderson for Demko because it's hard for a team to get a goalie like him. Just ask Leafs, Oilers etc."
In fairness, I would want more too; however, I doubt that Van could even get Sanderson for Demo alone. I would not trade Sanderson for Demko.

Reactions: Xspyrit

armani

High Jacques
Apr 8, 2005
Uranus

Fleece Master Dorion will find a way to pay much less to get Demko to the Sens but I don't think that's money well spent. They can live with a platoon situation, it didn't work this year with Talbot mostly out of games than in.

I agree both goaltending and bottom-6 need to be strengthened, without breaking the bank. I would encourage a mix of prospect graduates and value vets on minimum wage (a la Brassard who happens to be a super value/underrated signing). Forsberg's back next season, he would ideally have a healthy veteran partner who doesn't cost an arm and a leg to share a 60/40 workload split. Sogaard's getting valuable reps to finish off the season, so it won't surprise me to see him back to the main squad to create the best tandem since RhodesNutt, I give you, The FORSSSGAAAAAAARD.

Last edited:
Reactions: Cosmix and Xspyrit

GCK

Oct 15, 2018

Maybe we will get a ballsy new GM who throws an offer sheet at Swayman. 4 x 4M. Compensation would be our 2024 2nd.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
All the good goalies that seem to be available are either too old or too expensive. They could re-sign Talbot for another yr to play with Forsberg & continue to develop Sogaard, Merilainen & Ferguson in Belleville for the future. The goalie situation is going to be a difficult one to fix other than them staying healthy which seems to have been a huge problem this yr. They don't seem to have a lot of options.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013

Well I agree with them. Why are they giving us their goalie? It’s a question for everyone here that want teams young number 1 goalies lol. Why would a team give you them?

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
Maybe we will get a ballsy new GM who throws an offer sheet at Swayman. 4 x 4M. Compensation would be our 2024 2nd.
Making offer sheets for players is not a bad thing IMO. Might as well take advantage of all the options available. Rich teams take advantage of their strengths by putting declining players with NHL contracts into the AHL and by activating players from LTIR for the playoffs.

Ouroboros

There is no armour against Fate
Feb 3, 2008
We should pick up Matt Murray from the Leafs. Maybe they'd pay us to take him.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
The Canucks were looking for an “A” prospect + 1st + depth prospect, and of course would not get that as goalies don’t have that value.

They can want all they like, they will be disappointed in whatever return they get for Demko, because goalies don’t have high trade value.

Sanderson for Demko is obviously laughable.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
The Canucks were looking for an “A” prospect + 1st + depth prospect, and of course would not get that as goalies don’t have that value.

They can want all they like, they will be disappointed in whatever return they get for Demko, because goalies don’t have high trade value.

Sanderson for Demko is obviously laughable.
Or they just keep demko. Which I think they would probably prefer

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008

Boston easily matches that, even if it means having to trade someone like Carlo or Grzelcyk to fit him in.

They aren't going to let Swayman go to a team within the division via offer sheet unless it's on a salary they will have a very tough time fitting in (6M+) and they get at least a 1st in return.

Last successful offer sheet (first once since Penner in 07) was Kotkaniemi to the Canes, and the reason the Habs didn't match is because the salary was high enough they got a 1st in return, which they promptly dealt for Dvorak as Kotkaniemi's replacement. They match that offer sheet if it was for 4.2M x 8YRs and they only would get a 2nd in return.

I'd be completely fine with getting our 3rd round pick back and throwing a big offer sheet Boston's way for Swayman. Dude has been lights out at every level he has played at and would be a clear #1 on most teams in the league.

I'd also be fine basing a deal around Pinto+ for Swayman. Bruins may have a need for a cheap young center next year if Bergeron and Krejci are retiring. We need a young #1 more than a young 3rd line center, especially since Greig should be able to fill in that spot sooner than later.

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
Boston easily matches that, even if it means having to trade someone like Carlo or Grzelcyk to fit him in.

They aren't going to let Swayman go to a team within the division via offer sheet unless it's on a salary they will have a very tough time fitting in (6M+) and they get at least a 1st in return.

Last successful offer sheet (first once since Penner in 07) was Kotkaniemi to the Canes, and the reason the Habs didn't match is because the salary was high enough they got a 1st in return, which they promptly dealt for Dvorak as Kotkaniemi's replacement. They match that offer sheet if it was for 4.2M x 8YRs and they only would get a 2nd in return.

I'd be completely fine with getting our 3rd round pick back and throwing a big offer sheet Boston's way for Swayman. Dude has been lights out at every level he has played at and would be a clear #1 on most teams in the league.

I'd also be fine basing a deal around Pinto+ for Swayman. Bruins may have a need for a cheap young center next year if Bergeron and Krejci are retiring. We need a young #1 more than a young 3rd line center, especially since Greig should be able to fill in that spot sooner than later.
I’m not sure Boston can afford Swayman at 4M.

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
If I had a number 1 young goalie my ask would be very silly as well

Forsberg had a similar GSAA as Demko last season and was better this year too until he got injured. We're not talking about Sorokin here

And even then, Jake Sanderson is a piece you just don't trade at all, particularly not for a goalie. I am not saying they should give away their goalie but as soon as "Sanderson" is written, it becomes non-sense

Alf Silfversson

Jun 8, 2011
Similar to Chabot, Aaron Ekblad is having a down year in Florida.

Thoughts on swapping the two?

Ekblad is under contract for two more years as opposed to Chabby's 5 more years.

I'd lean towards keeping Chabot myself but a top 4 of:

Chychrun - Ekblad
Sanderson - Zub

is pretty appealing.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad