Status
Not open for further replies.

bicboi64

Aug 13, 2020
Brampton
To Ann or Columbus: 2024 1st rd pick, Formenton LW, Joseph RW & Thomson RD
To Ott: Tristan Luneau RD
To Ott: David Jiricek RD
If we trade with CBJ, I hope we can get Peeke. Dude would be such a great fit and we'd have an even more balanced blueline. Not a 1st rounder, but Joseph and Thomson would be fine to move in my books.

Reactions: NB613

Butchy Dakkar

Dark Butch Yak didn't seem right.
Oct 3, 2020
Imagine what we would have wanted for Sanderson. Jiricek won’t be traded unless I’ve missed something since the WJHC. Definitely not for a late first and scraps.

Reactions: DrEasy

Big Muddy

Dec 15, 2019
Safe bet is 2 years 5 mil total. He's making 3.66 aav now, and it's hard to believe an old starter off a bad/injury prone season is going to get a raise.
That seems logical to me, but I noticed that the initial tweet (or whatever it was) didn't specify the term. Information is too "bite sized" these days. It's like the assumption is that no can be bothered reading more than a couple of sentences and maybe a dozen words. LOL.

bicboi64

Aug 13, 2020
Brampton
Anyone think we should take a punt on Monahan on a show-me deal for next year? Could be cheap.
He's from my hometown Brampton, that alone is enough for me to be hyped if Monahan came here. I'd be down for a one year show me type deal. He played 17 minutes a game for MTL, and would be an upgrade on anyone in our current bottom 6. He's still very good on the faceoff so that'd be very useful. Can play the PK too, would give us more centre depth and could be cheap. I'd be all for it

Reactions: Blotto71

PatrickMcC

May 24, 2015
What would you guys be willing to give up in a trade pitch to get a guy like Swayman or Hart? Not saying that either team would give them up.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
What would you guys be willing to give up in a trade pitch to get a guy like Swayman or Hart? Not saying that either team would give them up.
Boston will likely have to give one guy up. In a trade I dono. I think we’re tapped out on trades

bicboi64

Aug 13, 2020
Brampton
Not sure what we have that Boston would want. They have Pasta and McAvoy signed long term so their core is there. Bertuzzi, Nosek, Hathaway, Frederic all need new deals. Even if Bergeron and Krejci take another couple of discount deals, I think Boston will be tight on the cap next year. Doubt they are able to keep Clifton or Orlov.

If they prioritize Swayman, their depth is definitely taking a hit, but having two very good goalies that can play 35+games is a luxury. Boston has the best goaltending duo in the league.

Maybe a package involving Kelly, Thomson and Sokolov? We could always offer sheet him for $4 million and only have to give up a 2nd rounder lol.

On a side note, if Boston has trouble keeping any of their forward depth, I wouldn't mind taking either of Nosek or Hathaway, they're decent 3rd liners.

Reactions: PatrickMcC

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008

Pinto+ for Swayman

If Bergeron and Krejci retire after this season they could use another center, especially one that is cheap.

Reactions: PatrickMcC

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
No. Ridly Greig straight up sure but not Pinto+

They'll undoubtedly demand a premium to trade him in the division. Don't think either one straight up would do it.

I consider Greig and Pinto in the same tier. Would be fine giving up either if it meant getting a legit young #1 goaltender long-term.

bicboi64

Aug 13, 2020
Brampton
If Boston tries to ask for too much for Swayman, I hope someone offersheets them. City of Boston has won enough and I hope next year they severely decline (which prolly won't happen even if Bergeron and Krejci retire). Hoping someone offersheets Swayman and only has to give up a 2nd for a $4 million contract.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Pinto+ for Swayman

If Bergeron and Krejci retire after this season they could use another center, especially one that is cheap.
Hell no, I don't think they'll get that much from anybody else either. I'd try and offersheet him, or threaten to and offer them a choice between that or prospects they like instead of the 2nd they'd get from an offersheet, they are in cap hell next year.

Reactions: Bileur and bicboi64

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
Hell no, I don't think they'll get that much from anybody else either. I'd try and offersheet him, or threaten to and offer them a choice between that or prospects they like instead of the 2nd they'd get from an offersheet, they are in cap hell next year.

You're kidding yourself if you think they wouldn't easily match an offer sheet for 4.2M, which is the highest amount that could be offered with the Bruins only getting a 2nd in return.

An offer sheet could be an option, but it would almost certainly need to be for much more than 4.2M for the Bruins to choose not to match. It would probably need to be in the 5-6M range and they'd have to get a 1st+3rd back at minimum to justify letting him go.

bicboi64

Aug 13, 2020
Brampton
You're kidding yourself if you think they wouldn't easily match an offer sheet for 4.2M, which is the highest amount that could be offered with the Bruins only getting a 2nd in return.

An offer sheet could be an option, but it would almost certainly need to be for much more than 4.2M for the Bruins to choose not to match. It would probably need to be in the 5-6M range and they'd have to get a 1st+3rd back at minimum to justify letting him go.
Watch Dorion offer sheet Swayman for $4.2 million, Bruins match, but then we grab some of their depth forwards that they won't be able to sign.

Get Hathaway and Nosek off them for $1.5million aav deals each
Cat -Stu-Giroux
Brady Norris Bath
Greig Pinto Joseph
Nosek Kastelic Hathaway

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010

They'll be over the cap if they do.

He's a backup goalie with good potential, not a proven starter, maybe he turns out to be a great starter on another team, maybe he ends more of a journey man like countless guys before him, nobody is giving him 5-6 mil and Bos will be in cap hell if they give him 4.

Reactions: NB613

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
They'll be over the cap if they do.

He's a backup goalie with good potential, not a proven starter, maybe he turns out to be a great starter on another team, maybe he ends more of a journey man like countless guys before him, nobody is giving him 5-6 mil and Bos will be in cap hell if they give him 4.

Swayman has a .920 SV% in the 85 NHL games he's played to date.

That's following him putting up excellent numbers at every level he's played at.

He's a legit starting goalie that's 24 years old. Not sure why there wouldn't be teams willing to pay him 5M+

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad