Proposal: Trade Rumours/Proposals [MOD - Stay on Topic]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
They can ask for a premium but then I walk away. Swayman is not a slam dunk number 1, he has looked good with the Bruins but I wouldn’t overpay.
Bruins know how to play D in their own zone and are one of the best defensive teams in the league. Swayman's stats reflect the team in front of him. He will not have great stats in Ottawa.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
The young guys thing is getting a bit old. They have more experience than people give them credit for I think. Brady has 350 games, DBC 450, Stu and Bath are both pushing 225...that'a not including G, Watty and those old fckers. Sanderson is the only young guy on Defence...normaly, Jesus bless us with health!
And they still haven’t learned how to play defence! Incredible

Reactions: Loach

Sun God Nika

Palestine <3.
Apr 22, 2013
I would offer the fam for Saros - the farm wouldn’t cut it.

Nashville traded away their 2nd best d-man at the deadline and Jussi kept rolling. The dude is magnificent.
Saros in our crease would make the sens a contender next year imo.

Reactions: Que

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
The chances of the Sens having so much bad luck next season as they have had this season is quite unlikely which means they should be a playoff team & the way they play some of the better teams in the NHL they could also be contenders. They really just need good consistent NHL goaltending, staying relatively healthy & a couple of upgrades on their bottom six.

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
The chances of the Sens having so much bad luck next season as they have had this season is quite unlikely which means they should be a playoff team & the way they play some of the better teams in the NHL they could also be contenders. They really just need good consistent NHL goaltending, staying relatively healthy & a couple of upgrades on their bottom six.
Without an upgrade in goal or to the bottom 6, I don’t see the Sens as a playoff team.

NJ, NYR and Carolina should be top 3 in the Metro, TB, Toronto and Boston will still be pretty much locks leaving 2 spots for the rest.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Isn't that what we said last offseason?

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Without an upgrade in goal or to the bottom 6, I don’t see the Sens as a playoff team.

NJ, NYR and Carolina should be top 3 in the Metro, TB, Toronto and Boston will still be pretty much locks leaving 2 spots for the rest.

I think the bottom 6 is better than given credit for, especially if Pinto is pushed down with Norris back.

Goal is a question mark though, Sogaard isn't ready to be a starter obviously and while I like Forsberg, he's imo a good backup not a good starter.

I think had Forsberg and Talbot stayed healthy all year, we'd have been ok, not great but ok in net. That's under the assumption that some of Talbot's struggles, particularly more recently, relate to health and rust from returning from injury.

Ideal world imo would be to swap Forsberg for a starter. Someone we can get 55 starts out of.

Cap will be tight though, but after what happened in net this year I can't see us running with what we got.

Big Muddy

Dec 15, 2019

There are also a few teams that are basically around the same place we are in terms of being an up & coming team such as Buffalo. I think there will be plenty of competition in the Eastern Conference next year and that we shouldn't look at our situations or improvements in a vacuum.

Reactions: Game 7 Meltdown

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
I think you almost have to bet on injuries happening any year. It seems to happen more often than not. I'd say that a year without a lot of injuries is a more rare occurrence.
It's odd really, we've been really unlucky lately, and I'd have though with a younger team we'd be more resilient

Big Muddy

Dec 15, 2019
I think the bottom 6 is better than given credit for, especially if Pinto is pushed down with Norris back.

Goal is a question mark though, Sogaard isn't ready to be a starter obviously and while I like Forsberg, he's imo a good backup not a good starter.

I think had Forsberg and Talbot stayed healthy all year, we'd have been ok, not great but ok in net. That's under the assumption that some of Talbot's struggles, particularly more recently, relate to health and rust from returning from injury.

Ideal world imo would be to swap Forsberg for a starter. Someone we can get 55 starts out of.

Cap will be tight though, but after what happened in net this year I can't see us running with what we got.
What about a 1a & 1b situation with Forsberg being one half of that tandem? Forsberg was pretty good last season. I'm admittedly undecided and rather conflicted on this subject.

It's odd really, we've been really unlucky lately, and I'd have though with a younger team we'd be more resilient
I hear you. Maybe my statement is influenced by latency. I just can't remember when he had a rather injury free season.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
What about a 1a & 1b situation with Forsberg being one half of that tandem? Forsberg was pretty good last season. I'm admittedly undecided and rather conflicted on this subject.

I hear you. Maybe my statement is influenced by latency. I just can't remember when he had a rather injury free season.
Personally I think he's too expensive to run in a 1a1b tandem unless your b is on a really good contract.

Reactions: DrEasy

GCK

Oct 15, 2018

Maybe I’m missing something. What do you see as our bottom 6 ?

There are also a few teams that are basically around the same place we are in terms of being an up & coming team such as Buffalo. I think there will be plenty of competition in the Eastern Conference next year and that we shouldn't look at our situations or improvements in a vacuum.
Buffalo has cap space and assets to go get a goalie and if they do I really think they can be very good.

Big Muddy

Dec 15, 2019
Personally I think he's too expensive to run in a 1a/1b tandem unless your b is on a really good contract.
Here's the CapFriendly list of free agent goalies.

Do any catch your fantasy? Raanta, Korpisalo, Andersen, Varlamov, Swayman ......???

Buffalo has cap space and assets to go get a goalie and if they do I really think they can be very good.
Yep, and I wouldn't be surprised if another one of the rebuilding teams take a step up either. There always seems to be (at least) one that does each year.

Last edited:

GCK

Oct 15, 2018

Do any catch your fantasy? Rant, Korpisalo, Andersen, Swagman ......???

Yep, and I wouldn't be surprised if another one of the rebuilding teams take a step up either. There always seems to be (at least) one that does each year.
If we can get Varlamov or Anderssen on a 1 year 3-4M deal I’d be comfortable.

Big Muddy

Dec 15, 2019
If we can get Varlamov or Anderssen on a 1 year 3-4M deal I’d be comfortable.
I was going to put Varlamov in my post as well, but then forgot. I can see the auto correct function is at work in my posts as well LOL.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Maybe I’m missing something. What do you see as our bottom 6 ?
Worst case I see something like this;

Greig-Pinto-Joseph
Kelly-Kastelic-Gauthier

though that's if we Re-sign DeBrincat. If Debrincat is gone we probably pick up a middle six winger.

Kelly had a tough year, but I think he'll bounce back. Joseph is far better than people give credit around here. Kastelic was fighting a back issue much of the year, I think he's great when healthy and will continue to improve.

I also think the improved D and Norris pushing Pinto down a line helps a lot. Having three solid d Pairs will help all the lines.

There's also a chance albeit small that the Formenton situation gets resolved, either by him signing and playing or by us trading him to prop up things.

The reality is most of this year we had Motte and Brassard or Gambrell on the third line which is pretty rough. Pinto and Greig imo is a big upgrade on the third which trickles down to the 4th.

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
Worst case I see something like this;

Greig-Pinto-Joseph
Kelly-Kastelic-Gauthier

though that's if we Re-sign DeBrincat. If Debrincat is gone we probably pick up a middle six winger.

Kelly had a tough year, but I think he'll bounce back. Joseph is far better than people give credit around here. Kastelic was fighting a back issue much of the year, I think he's great when healthy and will continue to improve.

I also think the improved D and Norris pushing Pinto down a line helps a lot. Having three solid d Pairs will help all the lines.

There's also a chance albeit small that the Formenton situation gets resolved, either by him signing and playing or by us trading him to prop up things.

The reality is most of this year we had Motte and Brassard or Gambrell on the third line which is pretty rough. Pinto and Greig imo is a big upgrade on the third which trickles down to the 4th.
Obviously we disagree because I think that bottom 6 is a big, big problem.

Reactions: Sens of Anarchy

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010

Do any catch your fantasy? Rant, Korpisalo, Andersen, Swagman ......???
Like GCK said, Varly or Anderssen would be the targets on short term deals, getting rid of Forsberg might be tough though, we could make an offersheet to Swayman, or trade for him, not sure I am completely sold he's the answer mind you, he's had a great team in front of him.

SlapJack

Scum bag Sens
Dec 6, 2010
If they sign DeBrincat, only thing keeping them out of the playoffs is injuries. It would be solidified with goaltending, but I think they can still make it with a healthy Forsberg.

There were different flashes of play in the last month where you could see them take games over and more confidence in knowing they can. There will be more of that next year and less falling apart. The D is solid and has depth in the farm now, the top 9 F will be very difficult for a lot of teams to handle.

Reactions: Cosmix
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad