Proposal: Trade Rumours/Proposals [MOD - Stay on Topic]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
I wonder if Seattle would let Daccord go for a pick/prospect in the off season if they re-sign Jones to backup Grubauer. I wouldn’t mind bringing him back to tandem with Forsberg for next year. RFA at the end of the season and will be 27 to start next year. Posted respectable numbers in the AHL this year too.
They waived him at the start of the year, I suspect they'll waive him again if they re-sign Jones.

bicboi64

Aug 13, 2020
Brampton
Just took a look at Seattle's goaltending stats. Jones and Grubauer have both been really bad. Not even a .900 save percentage amongst them while the Kraken allow the 2nd least amount of shots per game in the league (27), If there's a team (aside from us that needs goaltending help), its Seattle. I wonder how many more wins they'd have with just league average goaltending.

They're stuck with Grubauer, but don't think they'll extend Jones. Hope we don't end up wasting a roster spot on Jones who hasn't been good in over 5 seasons.

dmarc

SENS!!!!!!!
Mar 29, 2009
Just took a look at Seattle's goaltending stats. Jones and Grubauer have both been really bad. Not even a .900 save percentage amongst them while the Kraken allow the 2nd least amount of shots per game in the league (27), If there's a team (aside from us that needs goaltending help), its Seattle. I wonder how many more wins they'd have with just league average goaltending.

They're stuck with Grubauer, but don't think they'll extend Jones. Hope we don't end up wasting a roster spot on Jones who hasn't been good in over 5 seasons.
They also still have Driedger under contract for another 2 years

Reactions: bicboi64

bicboi64

Aug 13, 2020
Brampton

I always wanted Laughton I think he would be an absolute menace with us

Was literally about to post that lol.

Solid 3rd line centre that can play LW as well. Would be a solid depth pick up for us. Not sure if the Flyers would "get rid" of him though. He could be a valuable trade piece, he's 28 and has a lot of hockey left. Not sure if there's a hockey trade to be made to get him.

Reactions: NB613

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Ottawa will need a goal scoring RW & Owen Tippett can put the puck in the net, but who knows what he will cost & whether it would be too expensive for Ottawa.

Reactions: Adele Dazeem

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Was literally about to post that lol.

Solid 3rd line centre that can play LW as well. Would be a solid depth pick up for us. Not sure if the Flyers would "get rid" of him though. He could be a valuable trade piece, he's 28 and has a lot of hockey left. Not sure if there's a hockey trade to be made to get him.
Yea I didn’t think too much about what he would cost.

Ottawa will need a goal scoring RW & Owen Tippett can put the puck in the net, but who knows what he will cost & whether it would be too expensive for Ottawa.
I think they’re probably keeping the players in that age group and he had a great year this year.

jbeck5

Jan 26, 2009
Formenton

Provided everything remains status quo and we don't know anything of what's going on legally...

Are we qualifying him? Won't he likely accept it to get his foot back into the door in the NHL?

Reactions: Cosmix and aragorn

bicboi64

Aug 13, 2020
Brampton
Formenton

Provided everything remains status quo and we don't know anything of what's going on legally...

Are we qualifying him? Won't he likely accept it to get his foot back into the door in the NHL?
I'm just assuming he doesn't come back given how 'unique' the whole situation is. If he comes back, awesome, extra depth, but its such a weird situation I don't wanna get my hopes up

jbeck5

Jan 26, 2009
I'm just assuming he doesn't come back given how 'unique' the whole situation is. If he comes back, awesome, extra depth, but its such a weird situation I don't wanna get my hopes up

As in we don't qualify him or he rejects(or doesn't accept) the qualifying offer and stays in Europe?

I definitely think we should qualify him.

Reactions: Cosmix

The Devilish Buffoon

Dec 24, 2018
If Lindholm (CGY, C/RW) is available and we move on from Cat, he’d be a perfect fit here. Super cheap next year and while he will get paid, we will have more flexibility to extend him.

Reactions: Agent Zuuuub

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
As in we don't qualify him or he rejects(or doesn't accept) the qualifying offer and stays in Europe?

Definitely qualify him. I think the Gov gave Hockey Canada a shove to give them their findings a few weeks back. Barred all the players from that team from playing until findings are published.

Seems like we should know something soon. I doubt it will be the public shaming the Gov is hoping for, but the final product should be available soon If the pressure continues.

I can’t help but think that in the end the conclusion will be that there isn’t enough evidence to move forward with any charges, and everyone’s identity, on both sides, will remain hidden.

GCK

Oct 15, 2018

I don’t think he needs a QO since he didn’t have a contract.

RAFI BOMB

May 11, 2016
If DeBrincat does end up getting traded this offseason, one possible option is for the Sens to trade him to the Washington Capitals for Tom Wilson.

It could be tricky to find a good trade for DeBrincat where the Sens get the right kinds of players that can help them now. Washington just missed the playoffs, they have an older team and their core players are locked up for the next 2 to 3 seasons. Wilson will be on the final year of his contract next season, and they could either look to lock him up long term or try to balance out their older core with younger talent by acquiring a player like DeBrincat.

Wilson fits the Sens style of play so he would likely perform well here. One thing that is interesting is that we saw how effective the Tkachuk-Norris-Batherson line was in the past, so while Wilson plays different maybe a Wilson-Norris-Batherson line could develop similar chemistry and have somewhat of the impact the Tkachuk-Norris-Batherson line has had in the past.

It might be worth reflecting on the merits of such a trade and whether it seems feasible and if it would be appealing for both teams. I am not sure if there are a lot of other teams that have a more established player that can help us now and are a current organizational stage where they would want to part with the established player for someone like DeBrincat.

Reactions: Que

jbeck5

Jan 26, 2009
I don’t think he needs a QO since he didn’t have a contract.

But they qualified him to keep his NHL rights. I believe Ottawa just has to keep qualifying him until he's of UFA age to retain his NHL RFA rights.

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
If Lindholm (CGY, C/RW) is available and we move on from Cat, he’d be a perfect fit here. Super cheap next year and while he will get paid, we will have more flexibility to extend him.
I'd love it but he would cost too much in assets I think and the pending UFA status and contracts in Ottawa means he's likely gone after one season.

I also think everyone is premature in thinking Calgary needs to blow it up. Their trajectory is to give it one more go with a new coach and maybe goaltending before blowing it up. They can shed next deadline if they suck again.

People like to point at Ottawa goaltending as a main reason we aren't in the playoffs and it pales in comparison to the stark drop off Calgary has seen. Markstrom went from .922 save% last year to .892 this year is enough to sink any team and their backup in Vladar was underwhelming at below .900 as well.

Huberdeau just had his worst professional season ever and will surely return to form at least somewhat.

I'm betting on a re-shuffle this summer and another kick at the can in Calgary. They need a new arena, so its a tough time to tell fans to stop paying attention and see ticket sales lapse for half a decade or more.

The Devilish Buffoon

Dec 24, 2018
I'd love it but he would cost too much in assets I think and the pending UFA status and contracts in Ottawa means he's likely gone after one season.

I also think everyone is premature in thinking Calgary needs to blow it up. Their trajectory is to give it one more go with a new coach and maybe goaltending before blowing it up. They can shed next deadline if they suck again.

People like to point at Ottawa goaltending as a main reason we aren't in the playoffs and it pales in comparison to the stark drop off Calgary has seen. Markstrom went from .922 save% last year to .892 this year is enough to sink any team and their backup in Vladar was underwhelming at below .900 as well.

Huberdeau just had his worst professional season ever and will surely return to form at least somewhat.

I'm betting on a re-shuffle this summer and another kick at the can in Calgary. They need a new arena, so its a tough time to tell fans to stop paying attention and see ticket sales lapse for half a decade or more.
Lindholm made comments that seem to suggest he isn't thrilled about the trajectory in Calgary, that's why I think he could be available. I also wouldn't say he's likely gone after 1 season... if we can fit Debrincat, we can fit Lindholm far more easily.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
One think Dorion has absolutely been great at the last couple years is zero leaks. No one knew were getting debrincat. People thought we were out on chychrun. No one knew about the stutzle extionsion. No one knew about the tkatchuk extension.

Garrioch does not know debrincat. Or what he wants or doesn’t want

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
Lindholm made comments that seem to suggest he isn't thrilled about the trajectory in Calgary, that's why I think he could be available. I also wouldn't say he's likely gone after 1 season... if we can fit Debrincat, we can fit Lindholm far more easily.
I was just watching those clips too. I guess I could see some players wanting a change and that could force the Flames' hand. I guess I just think seeing your goaltending drop .30 save% points year on year is something no team overcomes and is being glossed over too much.

And you're right, with DeBrincat looking like he doesn't want to stay, we have a big hole to fill and money to play with.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad