Proposal: Trade Rumours/Proposals [MOD - Stay on Topic]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Probably? They're in a bit of a cap crunch, an offersheet on Swayman could force them into just a 2nd for him.

I wonder what they do next year, if Bergeron and Krejci retire, they might need some additional scoring punch

If Debrincat won't extend, could something around Coyle and Swayman for DeBrincat+ work? Is that enough salary moving out to fit DeBrincat in, it's going to be really tight for them.
Can Coyle play wing

Stages of grief going to play out over the next 2 months
If debrincat was lights out this season yeah.

I think people are just not willing to really take Garrioch seriously. At this point most people are just letting it play out with out too much emotional attachment.

Garrioch has become an outlet for people. If he says something they agree with. He’s an insider. If he doesn’t. He’s a hack.

Maybe I’m guilty of it as well

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Garrioch has become an outlet for people. If he says something they agree with. He’s an insider. If he doesn’t. He’s a hack.
He was a hack even when he was more reliable with his inside info, anytime he ventured into opinions it's always been dubious, and wrt DBC he's well into opinions territory

Reactions: Masked and Bileur

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
Can Coyle play wing

If debrincat was lights out this season yeah.

I think people are just not willing to really take Garrioch seriously. At this point most people are just letting it play out with out too much emotional attachment.

Maybe I’m guilty of it as well
Had no clue Garrioch wrote anything about the situation, was making the comment based on all available information.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
The only available info is that he hasn’t signed yet.
No it’s not, that’s ignoring all that goes into that type of decision.

- Has a 9 million dollar QO. Does that make him less inclined to worry about a long term deal prior to July? Very likely.

- Does he want to stay in Ottawa, or would he and his wife rather be in the States? There’s obviously some credence that they may rather choose where they’re living the next 8 years rather than just being put in a place like last July.

- Can Ottawa realistically offer him what he is looking for, and does that fit in the cap and identity structure of the team? Don’t think that’s very likely.

- Will there be teams ok the UFA market who will be able to give him a deal he’s looking for? I’m not sure about that either, I don’t think he’s worth as much as his numbers with Kane and the Hawks will dictate his salary.

There are lots more to read into the situation than he hasn’t signed yet. The same way there was lots more to read into Stone, or Duchene.

Bileur

Jun 15, 2004
Ottawa
Is PLD set on Montreal? He seems like he’d be a great fit.

Dubois-Norris-Batherson would make a great second line.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
No it’s not, that’s ignoring all that goes into that type of decision.

- Has a 9 million dollar QO. Does that make him less inclined to worry about a long term deal prior to July? Very likely.

- Does he want to stay in Ottawa, or would he and his wife rather be in the States? There’s obviously some credence that they may rather choose where they’re living the next 8 years rather than just being put in a place like last July.

- Can Ottawa realistically offer him what he is looking for, and does that fit in the cap and identity structure of the team? Don’t think that’s very likely.

- Will there be teams ok the UFA market who will be able to give him a deal he’s looking for? I’m not sure about that either, I don’t think he’s worth as much as his numbers with Kane and the Hawks will dictate his salary.

There are lots more to read into the situation than he hasn’t signed yet. The same way there was lots more to read into Stone, or Duchene.
Several those are questions. Not information. If you were to have some is due track and say “yeah he and his wife want to live in the states. That’s info. Or evidence. You are speculating.

FA is tricky. Cap is tight everywhere. Does he want to go to a rebuilding team? Again not info. Me speculating.

I’ve yet to hear evidence or solid info.

Is PLD set on Montreal? He seems like he’d be a great fit.

Dubois-Norris-Batherson would make a great second line.
You want that guy? I’m not even sure montreal wants him

Reactions: Puikiou

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
Several those are questions. Not information. If you were to have some is due track and say “yeah he and his wife want to live in the states. That’s info. Or evidence. You are speculating.

FA is tricky. Cap is tight everywhere. Does he want to go to a rebuilding team? Again not info. Me speculating.

I’ve yet to hear evidence or solid info.

You want that guy? I’m not even sure montreal wants him
Its info that leads to speculation, it’s the exact same thing that happened with Stone and Duchene. There was no concrete info, just information bits: Looking to get paid xxx; may want an American Market, wants to play for winning team; etc. all information, that lead to credible speculation.

Sens have limited budget. Info.

Sens have holes to fill across the lineup, with limited money. Info.

DBC has a 9m QO. Info.

If signing a long term deal in Ottawa, likely takes a larger concrete than majority if the league.

That makes signing long term deal prior to July 5th less likely. Info.

Cap is tight everywhere is info. Like I had said, I don’t see teams offering what he likely wants. It absolutely plays a part in his decision, maybe his agent tells him he’s not going to get any better than here.

Yes agreed, we haven’t heard anything concrete, I think stage 1 will be lasting for another month.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Its info that leads to speculation, it’s the exact same thing that happened with Stone and Duchene. There was no concrete info, just information bits: Looking to get paid xxx; may want an American Market, wants to play for winning team; etc. all information, that lead to credible speculation.

Sens have limited budget. Info.

Sens have holes to fill across the lineup, with limited money. Info.

DBC has a 9m QO. Info.

If signing a long term deal in Ottawa, likely takes a larger concrete than majority if the league.

That makes signing long term deal prior to July 5th less likely. Info.

Cap is tight everywhere is info. Like I had said, I don’t see teams offering what he likely wants. It absolutely plays a part in his decision, maybe his agent tells him he’s not going to get any better than here.

Yes agreed, we haven’t heard anything concrete, I think stage 1 will be lasting for another month.
I don’t think stone left Becuase he didn’t like Ottawa or wanted America. We were in a very different stage then. So one massive variable has changed.

If you ask me if debrincat is staying. I say no. But two very different circumstances I think

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
I don’t think stone left Becuase he didn’t like Ottawa or wanted America. We were in a very different stage then. So one massive variable has changed.

If you ask me if debrincat is staying. I say no. But two very different circumstances I think
I don’t think he left because he didn’t like Ottawa either.

I also don’t think DBC will leave because he doesn’t like Ottawa.

That variable has changed, rebuilding to exiting the rebuild.

A new variable is that the team will be against the cap, and a contract that DBC is looking for puts a gigantic strain on the team moving forward, compared to the team offering whatever to Stone with no big contracts on the team, or on the horizon. The team likely wanted Stone a heck of a lot more than they do DBC for their prices.

Reactions: Alex1234

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
I don’t think he left because he didn’t like Ottawa either.

I also don’t think DBC will leave because he doesn’t like Ottawa.
My argument this that if he really loved it here and the team. He would have already signed. I don’t think Dorion low balled him with some silly offer or anything.

Counter argument is well the season wasn’t going the greatest. The agent likely said eh let’s hold off and see how the season goes why sign now?

if the agent wants 9+ the trade off is debrincat may not go where he wants to go.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
My argument this that if he really loved it here and the team. He would have already signed. I don’t think Dorion low balled him with some silly offer or anything.

Counter argument is well the season wasn’t going the greatest. The agent likely said eh let’s hold off and see how the season goes why sign now?

if the agent wants 9+ the trade off is debrincat may not go where he wants to go.
That’s my point.

Why would he sign a long term deal prior to July?

He didn’t have a great season, he’d likely want to bet on himself and play next season out to get his long term bag. Worst case scenario he has a similar season (barring injury or something).

He has a 9 million QO in his pocket, if the team doesn’t take him to Arb June 15th. Neither situation would bode well.

The Sens aren’t likely to be safe or happy heading past the draft without a long term deal. If they are, we’re in trouble.

If we sign him to a large deal, I think we’re in trouble.

I don’t see any situation other than trade that doesn’t lead to trouble.

Reactions: Alex1234

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
That’s my point.

Why would he sign a long term deal prior to July?

He didn’t have a great season, he’d likely want to bet on himself and play next season out to get his long term bag. Worst case scenario he has a similar season (barring injury or something).

He has a 9 million QO in his pocket, if the team doesn’t take him to Arb June 15th. Neither situation would bode well.

The Sens aren’t likely to be safe or happy heading past the draft without a long term deal. If they are, we’re in trouble.

If we sign him to a large deal, I think we’re in trouble.

I don’t see any situation other than trade that doesn’t lead to trouble.
You don’t find it strange that a guy who has been praised at all levels who came somewhere knew and didn’t have the best season while missing chances he usually puts away..you now see as “any situation where he stays is bad news”

Yeah he doesn’t have Kane anymore but he still had opportunities to score. This is hardly “look at him with Kane and without Kane”

I don’t think we will but if we do sign him I think what’s likely to happen is he stays a great player and likely hovers around 35 goals for his duration here while playing with norris

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
You don’t find it strange that a guy who has been praised at all levels who came somewhere knew and didn’t have the best season while missing chances he usually puts away..you now see as “any situation where he stays is bad news”

Yeah he doesn’t have Kane anymore but he still had opportunities to score. This is hardly “look at him with Kane and without Kane”

I don’t think we will but if we do sign him I think what’s likely to happen is he stays a great player and likely hovers around 35 goals for his duration here while playing with norris
My thoughts literally have nothing to do with his play in Chicago vs his play here. I didn’t think he was the player the Chicago stat line showed us prior to the trade, and that point still stands, but has nothing to do with him here.

I think, as this team and salary structure is built, there is zero room for DBC.

He is, and will continue to be, a very good player. The chances of that happening on this iteration of the Sens, aren’t very likely.

What it will take to keep him, will not look pretty for the rest of the roster.

Keeping him on his QO won’t end well.

Taking him to team arb won’t end well.

The only situation where I see the Sens making their own way and getting what they need with their own decision making rather than a forced hand, is an early trade at the draft.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
My thoughts literally have nothing to do with his play in Chicago vs his play here. I didn’t think he was the player the Chicago stat line showed us prior to the trade, and that point still stands, but has nothing to do with him here.

I think, as this team and salary structure is built, there is zero room for DBC.

He is, and will continue to be, a very good player. The chances of that happening on this iteration of the Sens, aren’t very likely.

What it will take to keep him, will not look pretty for the rest of the roster.

Keeping him on his QO won’t end well.

Taking him to team arb won’t end well.

The only situation where I see the Sens making their own way and getting what they need with their own decision making rather than a forced hand, is an early trade at the draft.
The stat line in Chicago wasn’t incredible. He had the same chances to score here. He missed. And his teammates missed some very easy looks he gave them as well. Could have easily been 30/33-40/45 -78 guy this year. Which is where he was last year. And where I would bet he’s at next year if he stays.

But Chicago aside.

I don’t think he cripples the teams finances. At 9. Absolutely lol that’s obscene. At Norris’s number or 8? Eh. It’s palatable. But I’m also banking on chychrun taking a nice deal in two years and with a cap going up.

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
Three way trade proposal:

To Detroit: Alex DeBrincat
To Winnipeg: Lucas Raymond
To Ottawa: Pierre Luc Dubois

Fire away...
Dubois is a loser who will get overpaid and eventually want out. How about Alex Debrincat for NYI 2023 1st, currently 18th, 2024 and Michael Rasmussen.

SpezDispenser

Aug 15, 2007

I think he realized ownership was changing and wanted to at least see what transpires before Ottawa makes a deadline for him - and why wouldn't he, really? I don't blame him at all. I think he ends up signing an 8 year 64 million dollar extension here personally, but that's just based on this group being really tight and that he fits in with the age demographic well.

Plus the team is trending well in the right direction, plus the salary cap is going up.

Which is also why he might decide to go to free agency. But it's a spectacularly good point about not many teams having the $$ to go to 9 million for a winger these days, it just doesn't happen often. Not only that, but Stutlze is getting paid 8.35 and no one on this team besides maybe Sanderson should even think about being paid more than him - even if we bought RFA years.

Dubois is a loser who will get overpaid and eventually want out. How about Alex Debrincat for NYI 2023 1st, currently 18th, 2024 and Michael Rasmussen.
Loser.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
I think he realized ownership was changing and wanted to at least see what transpires before Ottawa makes a deadline for him - and why wouldn't he, really? I don't blame him at all. I think he ends up signing an 8 year 64 million dollar extension here personally, but that's just based on this group being really tight and that he fits in with the age demographic well.

Plus the team is trending well in the right direction, plus the salary cap is going up.

Which is also why he might decide to go to free agency. But it's a spectacularly good point about not many teams having the $$ to go to 9 million for a winger these days, it just doesn't happen often. Not only that, but Stutlze is getting paid 8.35 and no one on this team besides maybe Sanderson should even think about being paid more than him - even if we bought RFA years.

Loser.
Are you calling GCK a loser, Dubois a loser, or Rasmussen a loser.

• Haha
Reactions: Loach

Sun God Nika

Palestine <3.
Apr 22, 2013
If Watson signs for something reasonable (1.7x3)? That would be the best option on 4th line RW . His type of player is in high demand tho we will probably lose him to some sad GM willing to over pay

I think Dubois is the opposite of what we want here. He’s a f***ing wierdo. I don’t know for sure but that’s the vibe he gives off.

This shouldn’t even be a discussion he is 101% going to mtl

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
If Watson signs for something reasonable (1.7x3)? That would be the best option on 4th line RW . His type of player is in high demand tho we will probably lose him to some sad GM willing to over pay

This shouldn’t even be a discussion he is 101% going to mtl
Doesn’t montreal want him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad