Proposal: Trade Rumours/Proposals [MOD - Stay on Topic]

Status
Not open for further replies.

bicboi64

Aug 13, 2020
Brampton
Swayman has a .920 SV% in the 85 NHL games he's played to date.

That's following him putting up excellent numbers at every level he's played at.

He's a legit starting goalie that's 24 years old. Not sure why there wouldn't be teams willing to pay him 5M+
I think the point is, if Boston signs him to a deal more than $3-4 million, they'll be screwed cap wise. They have to rely on two of their centres taking discounts again, plus factor in Pasta's new deal.

They have to choose between Swayman or their forward depth, I hope whomever they choose, we take advantage of any scraps that might help our team.

Ouroboros

There is no armour against Fate
Feb 3, 2008
We can't fit Swayman at 4.2M. Not without some fairly substantial roster surgery.

In fact, if you assume reasonable extensions for the RFA's [Debrincat at 8M, Pinto at 2M and Brannstrom at 1.5M] there is essentially no space to work with this summer.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Swayman has a .920 SV% in the 85 NHL games he's played to date.

That's following him putting up excellent numbers at every level he's played at.

He's a legit starting goalie that's 24 years old. Not sure why there wouldn't be teams willing to pay him 5M+
You answered your own question, he's got 85 career games. Matt Murray had two Stanley cups under his belt and didn't even get 4

UglyPuckling

May 14, 2021
Perhaps this would be helpful?

$83,399,880.

This roster has Saros & Debrincat in it. Some may prefer to think of it as $5,925,000 for goalies with Debrincat signed. It's very tight though. Pinto is signed to a one-year 10.2.c type contract.

1680909758933.png

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
They'll undoubtedly demand a premium to trade him in the division. Don't think either one straight up would do it.

I consider Greig and Pinto in the same tier. Would be fine giving up either if it meant getting a legit young #1 goaltender long-term.
They can ask for a premium but then I walk away. Swayman is not a slam dunk number 1, he has looked good with the Bruins but I wouldn’t overpay.

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
You're kidding yourself if you think they wouldn't easily match an offer sheet for 4.2M, which is the highest amount that could be offered with the Bruins only getting a 2nd in return.

An offer sheet could be an option, but it would almost certainly need to be for much more than 4.2M for the Bruins to choose not to match. It would probably need to be in the 5-6M range and they'd have to get a 1st+3rd back at minimum to justify letting him go.
If they match at 4.2M then that hampers their depth so it’s a win/win.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
We can't fit Swayman at 4.2M. Not without some fairly substantial roster surgery.

In fact, if you assume reasonable extensions for the RFA's [Debrincat at 8M, Pinto at 2M and Brannstrom at 1.5M] there is essentially no space to work with this summer.
If you can Ship out Joseph at 2.95, and Forsberg at 2.75 and you have enough for Swayman at 4.2 and 1.5 to replace Joseph.

Alternatively you're trading DeBrincat and using the cap space for Swayman and other pieces.

Im not suggesting we go after Swayman, but if you do there's no way im offering Pinto or Greig.

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
If you can Ship out Joseph at 2.95, and Forsberg at 2.75 and you have enough for Swayman at 4.2 and 1.5 to replace Joseph.

Alternatively you're trading DeBrincat and using the cap space for Swayman and other pieces.

Im not suggesting we go after Swayman, but if you do there's no way im offering Pinto or Greig.
Shipping out players requires attaching draft picks which we should not be doing.

Reactions: PM and DrEasy

Ouroboros

There is no armour against Fate
Feb 3, 2008

Given the season he's just had I'd imagine you'd have to pay a team to take Joseph. It's a pretty ugly contract when you consider the money and term remaining on it. Better players will likely sign for less as UFA's this summer.

Can't see teams lining up to take a career backup with two busted knees either.

bicboi64

Aug 13, 2020
Brampton
Honestly, I'd rather move Cat and use the $7.5-8 million we'd spend on him to get someone like Swayman (who's young enough to invest in for a goaltender), and use the remaining space for depth. Don't think it'd be too hard to move Joseph, but he might be able to play with Norris and Brady. If he doesn't work out, at least its only $3 million and we're not on the hook for too long as oppose to handcuffing ourselves to Cat for an $8 million deal that'll be hard to move if he can't regain 40g form.

Reactions: DrEasy and GCK

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Honestly, I'd rather move Cat and use the $7.5-8 million we'd spend on him to get someone like Swayman (who's young enough to invest in for a goaltender), and use the remaining space for depth. Don't think it'd be too hard to move Joseph, but he might be able to play with Norris and Brady. If he doesn't work out, at least its only $3 million and we're not on the hook for too long as oppose to handcuffing ourselves to Cat for an $8 million deal that'll be hard to move if he can't regain 40g form.
If you really trust jarventie then sure. Or else our competitive window goes away when giroux retires and norris doesn’t have wingers to play with. (Yes high scoring top 6 wingers are the easiest position to acquire in the NHL heard that before I don’t buy it. Easier than center and D? Yes. Easy? No.

Reactions: Cosmix

Bjornar Moxnes

Oct 16, 2016
Troms og Finnmark
I think the point is, if Boston signs him to a deal more than $3-4 million, they'll be screwed cap wise. They have to rely on two of their centres taking discounts again, plus factor in Pasta's new deal.

They have to choose between Swayman or their forward depth, I hope whomever they choose, we take advantage of any scraps that might help our team.

Both signed 35+ year contracts so their bonuses will refelct in the cap next year.

Reactions: bicboi64

bicboi64

Aug 13, 2020
Brampton
If you really trust jarventie then sure. Or else our competitive window goes away when giroux retires and norris doesn’t have wingers to play with. (Yes high scoring top 6 wingers are the easiest position to acquire in the NHL heard that before I don’t buy it. Easier than center and D? Yes. Easy? No.
It'd be easier to find wingers through the draft than any of our other needs.

Plus, one of Grieg, Boucher, Jarventie, etc... might be able to play in the top 6 as a winger. Losing Cat's offense hurts, but if we keep him at whatever he'll most likely cost ($8 million), we're going to hit issues related to depth where we suffer in the bottom 6 or in between the pipes. In 2 years when Giroux either retires or declines, we better have made some development with our prospects.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
It'd be easier to find wingers through the draft than any of our other needs.

Plus, one of Grieg, Boucher, Jarventie, etc... might be able to play in the top 6 as a winger. Losing Cat's offense hurts, but if we keep him at whatever he'll most likely cost ($8 million), we're going to hit issues related to depth where we suffer in the bottom 6 or in between the pipes. In 2 years when Giroux either retires or declines, we better have made some development with our prospects.
We will not be suffering in the bottom six. Greig pinto Joseph. The great teams had an anchor in the bottom six. But the rest rotated. In the team then out of the team. Tampa builds their bottom six scoring at the trade deadline tho and then they’re gone the next offseason. Goodrow and Coleman both gone. We’re not going to have 12 forwards we all love all signed medium to long term. Just not how it works.

Reactions: Cosmix and NB613

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Another thing that needs to happen here is our pro scouts need to start finding cheap talent that can contribute. Find that 1 million dollar d man that doesn’t bury us (although maybe Hamonic is coming back for cheap)

Find that 1 million dollar winger that can simply contribute. Some strong pro scouting. Go get what we need. Of course Dorion needs to properly identify what we need. And I think he knows better than me. But the scouts have to identify some guys.

Loach

Jun 9, 2021
Another thing that needs to happen here is our pro scouts need to start finding cheap talent that can contribute. Find that 1 million dollar d man that doesn’t bury us (although maybe Hamonic is coming back for cheap)

Find that 1 million dollar winger that can simply contribute. Some strong pro scouting. Go get what we need. Of course Dorion needs to properly identify what we need. And I think he knows better than me. But the scouts have to identify some guys.
1m bucks is an entry level contract or so right? Having guys we draft develop would help, but outside of 2020, Dorion hasn't drafted well. It was supposed to be his strenght.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
1m bucks is an entry level contract or so right? Having guys we draft develop would help, but outside of 2020, Dorion hasn't drafted well. It was supposed to be his strenght.
Yeah but we have enough kids. Maybe 1 million was exaggerated. Just someone cheap. Like a cheap steal on the UFA market.

Senator Stanley

Dec 11, 2003
Visit site

The pro scouting department needs a complete overhaul. It's a results driven league and Jim Clark's results have been atrocious.

Reactions: DrEasy and Cosmix

Loach

Jun 9, 2021
Yeah but we have enough kids. Maybe 1 million was exaggerated. Just someone cheap. Like a cheap steal on the UFA market.
The young guys thing is getting a bit old. They have more experience than people give them credit for I think. Brady has 350 games, DBC 450, Stu and Bath are both pushing 225...that'a not including G, Watty and those old fckers. Sanderson is the only young guy on Defence...normaly, Jesus bless us with health!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad