Proposal: Trade Rumours/Proposals [MOD - Stay on Topic]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
I'd love Trenin, his play style compliments the way this team plays. Thing is there will likely be many teams in on him if he's on the block. At that AAV (with one more season) and his versatility in the bottom 6 ... it could cost more than expected.

Greig - Pinto - Trenin
Joseph - Kastelic - Gauthier
Crookshank

Bottom 6 would be set for next season though. This team would be hell to play against.

Reactions: Bileur and Que

bashbros32

Jan 12, 2014
Brockville, Ontario
people throwing out Names' OR Bonino... why not BOTH?

if we really really need the space for this season, one or BOTH of Norris and Forsberg can go on LTIR to make the capspace available... and that would completely restructure our bottom 6 for the better imo...

Namestnikov - Bonino - Joseph
Brassard - Kastelic - Gauthier

Maybe sit Brass for Watty in games we need more toughness?

Reactions: Samsquanch

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
We have plenty of guys who can handle the rough stuff. Especially if we're keeping Watson. I'd prefer if we just grabbed someone who can take a faceoff, shoot the puck, make the simple read, and not turn over the puck.

If we want to make playoffs, we will need more stronger players in bottom 6 who can handle the puck. Only Gauthier is big and has somewhat decent hands. Kaestlic as well.

Having someone like that will go a long way in allowing us to strategize against different types of opponents.

Yakov Trenin would be a good pickup

Not good, would be absolutely terrific. I'd overpay a bit because he has an extra year at a very good contract.

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
The only major criticism I have had on Dorion is that he has made the necessary moves too late. More reactive than proactive.

A necessary move now is a 3rd liner. Need to bolster bottom 6. A lot of them being moved for cheap.

We have 8th best chance to make playoffs in the East. Just bought-in on a big time defender acquisition.

No excuse, get it done.

guyzeur

Mar 25, 2009
Ottawa
The asking price wasn't really the issue as we've found out.

With buyers figuring out AZ were adamant with not taking any salary in return, they completed a trade with another team.

Then the Sens were left alone to dictate a trade where both sides ended up pleased with the result.

West Coast Eagles

Sep 24, 2008
Bne
people throwing out Names' OR Bonino... why not BOTH?

if we really really need the space for this season, one or BOTH of Norris and Forsberg can go on LTIR to make the capspace available... and that would completely restructure our bottom 6 for the better imo...

Namestnikov - Bonino - Joseph
Brassard - Kastelic - Gauthier

Maybe sit Brass for Watty in games we need more toughness?
Bonino is off to the Penguins according to Friedman.

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
Trenin would cost a 1st +

Bonino’s days as a centre are long gone.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
The only piece I would be pursuing if we had the cash would be saros. But at this point impossible.

Mingus Dew

Microphone Assassin
Oct 7, 2013
The good 3Cs are mostly gone. The affordable ones at least. Not really a good move to make at this point.

Alex1234

Oct 14, 2014
Reading the NYR board last night
A lot comments that NYR had no answer for our speed and physicality
And as shown vs DET I think we play better when we are really physical early in the game and impose our will
I would seek to acquire cheap guys like Mayfield or someone big and speedy for the bottom 6
Someone who could fight instead of always having to send Brady to make the law
Relentless speedzicality should be our identity

Reactions: DrEasy and guyzeur
Jan 19, 2006
Calgary

Is there a more useless reporter than Bruce?

My sources tell me that a GM of an NHL team woke up early on trade deadline day and they may or may not make any deals on the literal last day it is possible for them to do so.

The only piece I would be pursuing if we had the cash would be saros. But at this point impossible.
Demko fits our timeline better.

Wondercarrot

By The Power of Canadian Tire Centre
Jul 2, 2002
Reading the NYR board last night
A lot comments that NYR had no answer for our speed and physicality
And as shown vs DET I think we play better when we are really physical early in the game and impose our will
I would seek to acquire cheap guys like Mayfield or someone big and speedy for the bottom 6
Someone who could fight instead of always having to send Brady to make the law
Relentless speedzicality should be our identity

Like in the Detroit games it was clear that the Rangers defence couldn’t handle our forwards.
This is the team I thought we’d see when the season started.

I also agree that all complementary players being added to the lineup for the foreseeable future should absolutely have ‘speedzicality’ as their core identity.

Reactions: DrEasy and Alex1234

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Is there a more useless reporter than Bruce?

My sources tell me that a GM of an NHL team woke up early on trade deadline day and they may or may not make any deals on the literal last day it is possible for them to do so.

Demko fits our timeline better.
He’s got the one extra year so yeah. But. Saros is better.

As for depth forwards. Only
2 names interest me. Curtis lazar. And Colin white

Reactions: DrEasy

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
Like in the Detroit games it was clear that the Rangers defence couldn’t handle our forwards.
This is the team I thought we’d see when the season started.

I also agree that all complementary players being added to the lineup for the foreseeable future should absolutely have ‘speedzicality’ as their core identity.
To be fair the Rangers D was missing Miller and Lindgren

He’s got the one extra year so yeah. But. Saros is better.

As for depth forwards. Only
2 names interest me. Curtis lazar. And Colin white
Damn I love those ideas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad