Proposal: Trade Rumours/Proposals [MOD - Stay on Topic]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Que

What?
Feb 12, 2017
Mind Prison
As Dorion said Grieg, Kleven and Soogard are the untouchables. They are already projected as NHL calibre talent and have favourable contracts over the next 2-3 seasons which will be instrumental in our cap situation.

I think after that literally everything is on the table. Boucher, Thomson, JBD, Sokolov, Nordberg, picks in 2026…

2026 1st for Soros? Yeah, I could see it. We have a trade history with Nashville too.

Reactions: DrEasy

Dan Patrick

Mar 11, 2020
As Dorion said Grieg, Kleven and Soogard are the untouchables. They are already projected as NHL calibre talent and have favourable contracts over the next 2-3 seasons which will be instrumental in our cap situation.

I think after that literally everything is on the table. Boucher, Thomson, JBD, Sokolov, Nordberg, picks in 2026…

2026 1st for Soros? Yeah, I could see it. We have a trade history with Nashville too.

I don’t know how Dorion could make a future hall of famer like Nordberg available. But I guess if he has to be put him in a trade to acquire a significant piece I could see it. But I won’t sleep easy after, THAT is for sure.

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina

Saros' age fits the core, contract not too crazy. Proven number 1. Proven in playoffs. We've assembled the necessary defense and forwards.

Could definitely see it happening. I feel if we wait until off-season, NSH could change their mind/find teams that will make room. Now's the time.

We'd need to send cap back. Would be for certain DeBrincat not coming back. Or Batherson gone.

Big Muddy

Dec 15, 2019
I get the idea of the goalie upgrade. But, to play devils advocate, we just added a big piece to our blueline, so we haven't really seen what our rebuilt defense looks like yet. Also, the team seems to have improved and is playing better team D lately. Interesting debate & perhaps a tough call.

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
Outsider here, but I feel like Saros is well worth the shot. His contract is super reasonable and he still has a couple of years left on it. I think that suddenly vaults you to sleeper team status, but I don't know that anyone is getting through Boston right now.

Agreed. But at this point, it's about moves for the future. Like I said, this deadline might pose a greater opportunity than if we wait in off-season. Would also give us that push for the playoffs at the very least (for this season).

If Dorion gets Saros, he'll cement his legendary status in Ottawa and pretty much guaranteed himself new contract with new ownership.

Reactions: mja

Slippy

Dec 8, 2005
highlytouted.ca
Saros' age fits the core, contract not too crazy. Proven number 1. Proven in playoffs. We've assembled the necessary defense and forwards.

Could definitely see it happening. I feel if we wait until off-season, NSH could change their mind/find teams that will make room. Now's the time.

We'd need to send cap back. Would be for certain DeBrincat not coming back. Or Batherson gone.

Don't necessarily need to send cap back right now, but if you acquire Saros, I think you then move Forsberg in the off-season. Saros and Sogaard would be smaller cap hit than Talbot and Forsberg.

Forsberg has been great for the Sens, but not sure he will be the G if the Sens want to be a true cup contender.

PlayItAgain

Jan 18, 2005
Any interest in Jordan Greenway? Him and Brady have a connection from BU. He’s a project, but has the tools to be a decent 3rd liner. Big bodied, physical player who is having a crap year. Might be worth a consideration

Reactions: NB613

Keli

Oct 6, 2020
I wonder if 24 1st, 24 2nd, JBD/Thomas, Forsey can get it done for Saros (25% retained). Will need to move out Forseys contract to fit the cap unfortunately (assuming we are resigning cat).

Keli

Oct 6, 2020
I wonder if 24 1st, 24 2nd, JBD/Thomas, Forsey can get it done for Saros (25% retained). Will need to move out Forseys contract to fit the cap unfortunately (assuming we are resigning cat).
Is that too much? too little?

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
24 first isn’t available, as it’s on a condition right now, depending on what happens with conditions on Chychurn trade.

Last edited:
Reactions: Que
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad