Proposal: Trade Rumours/Proposals [MOD - Stay on Topic]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slippy

Dec 8, 2005
highlytouted.ca
Guys, would you pay for Saros or Gibson?

I would for like either of them, probably slight edge toward Saros. I would expect it would require moving Forsberg in the off season to maintain some cap space, but if they brought in either and went with Soogard as the #2 (or a cheap alternative) the goalie cap space would be less than this year.

Might be more of an off season move, but I would love to add a bona-fide #1G.

Wondercarrot

By The Power of Canadian Tire Centre
Jul 2, 2002
The ONLY thing we conceivably need, or could spend more than league minimum/$1 million on going into next year is a goalie.
To do that we would need to move out Forsberg’s and Joseph’s contracts before next season.

2023-24
$78.6 million + $5 million dead space
= $83.6 million

F- 51.4
Tkachuk 8.2 Norris 7.9 Batherson 5
DeBrincat 8.5 Stutzle 8.3 Giroux 6.5
Grieg 1 Pinto 2 ? 1
? 1 Kastelic 1 Gauthier 1
13th F $1

D- 21.2
Chabot 8 Zub 4.6
Sanderson 1 Chychrun 4.6
Brann 1 JBD 1
? 1

G- 6
Demko/Saros 5
Sogaard 1

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Saros I dono kind of have to give sogaard plus somethiiiiinnngggg I dono. It’s tough on multiple levels.

Slippy

Dec 8, 2005
highlytouted.ca
It’s gonna cost. I’d rather not. Wish we kept Gus lol.

Yep it will, but with the way this roster is trending, adding a true #1 goalie for this year, plus the next few seasons (2 - Saros; 3 - Demko) at a 5.0 cap hit would be worth a reasonably high price. To become a true threat in the playoffs and eventually a Cup contender, this is an area that will need to be addressed. Not sure when you get another chance to get a G of this caliber at this reasonable a cap hit.

Mingus Dew

Microphone Assassin
Oct 7, 2013
Yep it will, but with the way this roster is trending, adding a true #1 goalie for this year, plus the next few seasons (2 - Saros; 3 - Demko) at a 5.0 cap hit would be worth a reasonably high price. To become a true threat in the playoffs and eventually a Cup contender, this is an area that will need to be addressed. Not sure when you get another chance to get a G of this caliber at this reasonable a cap hit.

Honestly I think we see what we have in Sogaard here. He looks really good.

If we had been patient with Gus we’re probably set in goal. I don’t want to make wakes again.

Slippy

Dec 8, 2005
highlytouted.ca
Honestly I think we see what we have in Sogaard here. He looks really good.

If we had been patient with Gus we’re probably set in goal. I don’t want to make wakes again.

I like Sogaard too, but if the Sens are looking to take another step next year, not just be happy to make the playoffs or be in the hunt til the end of the season, I think you need a guy with a track record, not a guy that "we see what we have in". If Mads clearly wins the job over Saros (or Demko) after next year (when Mads needs a new contract) you could move them rather easily to recoup assets or improve elsewhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad