Proposal: Trade Rumours/Proposals [MOD - Stay on Topic]

Status
Not open for further replies.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Pius Suter was one of the only guys who pushed back against the sens against the Wings. Id take a look at him but he has a pretty hefty price tag right now. What would the cost be? Id do a 4th.

Bileur

Jun 15, 2004
Ottawa
Pius Suter was one of the only guys who pushed back against the sens against the Wings. Id take a look at him but he has a pretty hefty price tag right now. What would the cost be? Id do a 4th.

I’d do that in a heartbeat so probably more.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Already well liked in the room, expiring contract, can play center or wing, would come dirt cheap

Strangely not a bad suggestion
Isnt Florida pushing? Dont really think he is a fit at all. Are they even allowed to add him after buying him out?

Wallet Inspector

Jan 19, 2013
Man, if you can sell Talbot and upgrade to Saros separately, that's arguably the most important thing this team could do for its competitive window.
We don't have 1st this year, or next due to the Chychrun trade condition, so it would take either Sooaard or Greig to get Saros.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Isnt Florida pushing? Dont really think he is a fit at all. Are they even allowed to add him after buying him out?
I don't know what Florida is doing, I figure if they are making a push, moving out White might be in conjunction with bringing in something bigger,

As for adding a guy you bought out, I thought you just couldn't immediately sign them after buying them out, but I can't even confirm that, the only thing I can find is you couldn't bring a guy back for 1 year after a compliance buyout which White was not.

I think he'd be a big upgrade on Gambrell, can play up the lineup in a pinch, and is fairly versitil. I'd prefer a legit 3rd liner with some grit to their game, but tbh, Greig can probably provide what we need as much as anyone we'll find.

Wasn't really advocating for targetting White, I just don't think it's actually that bad an idea, he also already knows DJ and his system, he's only really gone because his contract was bad and we could buy it out at 1/3rd.

Reactions: DrEasy

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Not sure why the Panthers would trade White. They are in the hunt.
He's been playing 6 mins a night lately, he isn't key to their hunt, more like along for the ride. As I said in my reply to Bert, if they are gunning for an upgrade, we could help them open up a roster spot by taking him,

Unlikely to happen, and not ideally our target, I just don't think it's that bad an idea

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
Like about 2 hours and something minues left before the the trade deadline closes and barely any trades.

All the big names were already taken.

Just glad the Sens already made their big trade move a couple of days ago.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
He's been playing 6 mins a night lately, he isn't key to their hunt, more like along for the ride. As I said in my reply to Bert, if they are gunning for an upgrade, we could help them open up a roster spot by taking him,

Unlikely to happen, and not ideally our target, I just don't think it's that bad an idea

Don't they have a bunch of injuries?

How good can he be when they have a few guys on the shelf and he's still playing 6 minutes?

I'll admit I haven't seen him, but I do know that Barkov and Hornqvist are out.

Mingus Dew

Microphone Assassin
Oct 7, 2013

Interesting. I guess we'll see.

Really wanted Bjugstad lol.

Reactions: Micklebot

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Don't they have a bunch of injuries?

How good can he be when they have a few guys on the shelf and he's still playing 6 minutes?

I'll admit I haven't seen him, but I do know that Barkov and Hornqvist are out.
Well we know how good he is, he was here for a while afterall, the answer is not great, but I personally would still take him over Gambrell...

I mean, the option mentioned was Lazar, and while I'd love to break out the old deathstar gif for when he scores, we aren't really taking about high end guys ...

DaveMatthew

Bring in Peter
Apr 13, 2005
Ott
I could see us getting a guy like Mark Jankowski more than a Pius Suter. Garrioch and the insiders have said we're looking for a "minor" depth piece. Suter is more than that.

We're probably looking to give up a 5th or 6th, not a 3rd or 4th.

And it seems like DJ likes Gambrell, who, hasn't been all that bad. Seems to fit in fine with Joseph and Gauthier.

Jankowski is a big guy who can win faceoffs, play 10 minutes a night and throw some hits.

Masked

(Super/star)
Apr 16, 2017
They got the donuts? Excellent....
'
There's no rule about bringing back a guy you've bought out. Calgary bought out Michael Stone and then signed him again in the same off-season. You might be thinking of the compliance buyouts when the cap was first implemented.

Assen na yo!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad