Proposal: Trade Rumours/Proposals [MOD - Stay on Topic]

Status
Not open for further replies.

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
Bobfather confirms we kicked tires on Karlsson in the last few weeks, along with the Oilers and Leafs.

San Jose is trying to retain as little as possible, and EK is fine waiting until the summer when his potential options will expand.
He pretty much said the other day it's too late to be asked to waive his no trade clause. Definitely a summer move.

Maybe teams seeing him walk away with the Norris will convince them to pony up.

DaveMatthew

Bring in Peter
Apr 13, 2005
Ott
He pretty much said the other day it's too late to be asked to waive his no trade clause. Definitely a summer move.

Maybe teams seeing him walk away with the Norris will convince them to pony up.

I'd bet on Vegas.

Alec Martinez only has an 8 team NTC, and I bet for lifestyle reasons, San Jose is not on there. They'd probably be willing to take him on for his last year, so they could send him back. And Lehner is likely to stay on LTIR. Plus I'm sure they could move W.Karlsson or Marchessault to make more room, but if Lehner isn't coming back they wouldn't even need to.

Karlsson and Stone back together on the strip. Would be fun to watch.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: bicboi64

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
Y
His scoring pace is probably going to slow down after San Jose traded everyone though
Ya it might. I doubt it's enough to take him out as the Norris favorite though, he's about to pass his best season in Ottawa with 20 games to go. I think a deal of this magnitude though isn't going to be based off a 20 game sample with a post deadline lottery team.

Teams know what they're getting with Karlsson at this point and I think the obstacle of a deadline deal is fitting in such a large cap hit (even at ~18% retained as rumored) mid season. A team like Edmonton would have needed another sizable piece out the door on top of Barrie/Pulujarvi if they'd gotten him instead of Ekholm, so you start getting to the point of subtracting too much from a playoff roster or just not being able to shed enough.

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
I'd bet on Vegas.

Alec Martinez only has an 8 team NTC, and I bet for lifestyle reasons, San Jose is not on there. They'd probably be willing to take him on for his last year, so they could send him back. And Lehner is likely to stay on LTIR. Plus I'm sure they could move W.Karlsson or Marchessault to make more room.

Karlsson and Stone back together.
They are definitely a team I've thought would be in the running and looking at their Capfriendly thought they could make it work.

I really wanted to see him on Edmonton, but that's out at this point.

Calgary is a dark horse team imo if they jettison Sutter, but I don't see it if he stays.

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
Bobfather confirms we kicked tires on Karlsson in the last few weeks, along with the Oilers and Leafs.

San Jose is trying to retain as little as possible, and EK is fine waiting until the summer when his potential options will expand.

Can fit him in with some retention if Chabot and Joseph are going the other way.

Imagine how deadly our PP would be with the best offensive D in the league QBing it instead of Chabot.

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
Have there been any paper roster moves. To make players eligible for Belleville playoffs,
in case they somehow go on a winning streak.

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
I'd bet on Vegas.

Alec Martinez only has an 8 team NTC, and I bet for lifestyle reasons, San Jose is not on there. They'd probably be willing to take him on for his last year, so they could send him back. And Lehner is likely to stay on LTIR. Plus I'm sure they could move W.Karlsson or Marchessault to make more room, but if Lehner isn't coming back they wouldn't even need to.

Karlsson and Stone back together on the strip. Would be fun to watch.

Vegas never says no to a big acquisition, but I don't know whether it makes sense for them to trade away forwards to fit Karlsson in on a right-side that currently has Pietrangelo, Theodore and Whitecloud + depth guys like Miromanov, Korczak, Mayo.

DaveMatthew

Bring in Peter
Apr 13, 2005
Ott
Vegas never says no to a big acquisition, but I don't know whether it makes sense for them to trade away forwards to fit Karlsson in on a right-side that currently has Pietrangelo, Theodore and Whitecloud + depth guys like Miromanov, Korczak, Mayo.

Playing around with CapFriendly, they could actually fit him in if SJ retains 18% and takes back Martinez, and could keep Marchessault, W. Karlsson and Lehner, and not really subtract any other player. They have more flexibility than I thought. Cap might even be going up more than to just $83.5 based on the hints from insiders.

And Theodore has played the left-side before (he's a LS) and could shift back.

They could run:

Theodore - Pietrangelo
McNabb - Karlsson
Hague - Whitecloud

That's an outstanding D corps.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad