Proposal: Trade Rumours/Proposals [MOD - Stay on Topic]

Status
Not open for further replies.

DrEasy

Out rumptackling
Oct 3, 2010
Stützville
At this point the only assets I'd still be willing to give up in a trade would be Lassi, Sokolov, and whoever in our roster whose spot we'd be upgrading on. Safe to say that won't be enough to bring back some great upgrade.

bicboi64

Aug 13, 2020
Brampton
What's the latest on Talbot?
Are we driving him to FA?
Ugh its frustrating that we have to keep him for our current run knowing he might walk in FA .Would be a major middle finger to everyone playing if we moved him for whatever draft pick right now.

Reactions: DrEasy

The Devilish Buffoon

Dec 24, 2018
Ugh its frustrating that we have to keep him for our current run knowing he might walk in FA .Would be a major middle finger to everyone playing if we moved him for whatever draft pick right now.
His value isn't that high anyways, not much incentive to trade him unless the price is crazy AND we can find a replacement

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
Can fit him in with some retention if Chabot and Joseph are going the other way.

Imagine how deadly our PP would be with the best offensive D in the league QBing it instead of Chabot.
EK is the best even strength offensive D in the league but he is not a great PP QB.

Reactions: bert

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Nevermind age, the way Chabot has been trending I think there's a good chance Karlsson could be the better player for the remainder of his contract.
This isnt a video game. Chabot is a core piece whether you like it or not. Did you watch the Brassard video? Karlsson's time has passed here. Chabot can be better we know, we have seen it players dont get worse at 26 he just needs some consistency.

EK is the best even strength offensive D in the league but he is not a great PP QB.
Bingo and the sens PP is 25% right now. LETS BREAK IT UP.

guyzeur

Mar 25, 2009
Ottawa
not if he's being replaced someone better

Joeyjoejoe

Dec 18, 2015
Yzerplan plan my ass, dude got gifted star players in Tampa and the best amateur scouting staff with Al Murray leading. He didn’t need to do much to get that team to a cup.

This Detroit team looks so lost. Has no star players or prospects with that type of upside. Soft as hell, no leadership. They trade their best winger and acquire a UFA 30 something winger.

Reactions: DJB and bicboi64

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
This isnt a video game. Chabot is a core piece whether you like it or not. Did you watch the Brassard video? Karlsson's time has passed here. Chabot can be better we know, we have seen it players dont get worse at 26 he just needs some consistency.

Development isn't linear. Plenty of players peak in their early 20s and get worse in their late 20s

Chabot seems to me like a player who could use a change of scenery. He's struggled defensively this year, hasn't generated much offense at even strength and we all know he's not an ideal PP QB given his muffin of a shot. Frankly he's been very disappointing.

Whether you like it or not Karlsson has been leagues better than Chabot this year. If we want to contend, which I'd assume we do after trading multiple 1sts for immediate help, swapping the two out would help tremendously.

bicboi64

Aug 13, 2020
Brampton
Yzerplan plan my ass, dude got gifted star players in Tampa and the best amateur scouting staff with Al Murray leading. He didn’t need to do much to get that team to a cup.

This Detroit team looks so lost. Has no star players or prospects with that type of upside. Soft as hell, no leadership. They trade their best winger and acquire a UFA 30 something winger.
In a single deadline, it looks like his plan is all up in flames lol

The Devilish Buffoon

Dec 24, 2018

Detroit has a ton of help on the way. I don't think he's the god that some make him out to be, but DRW are headed in a good direction.

Reactions: DrEasy and bert

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Development isn't linear. Plenty of players peak in their early 20s and get worse in their late 20s

Chabot seems to me like a player who could use a change of scenery. He's struggled defensively this year, hasn't generated much offense at even strength and we all know he's not an ideal PP QB given his muffin of a shot. Frankly he's been very disappointing.

Whether you like it or not Karlsson has been leagues better than Chabot this year. If we want to contend, which I'd assume we do after trading multiple 1sts for immediate help, swapping the two out would help tremendously.
Give me 5 examples of D men getting worse in their 20's.

Karlsson is better now but was worse the last 3 years one player is 33 one is 26. Stutzle is 21 Sanderson is 20, Pinto is 21, Grieg is 20, Batherson is 24, Debrincat is 25, Norris is 23, Tkachuk is 23. You're playing a video game this is the real world.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad