Proposal: Trade Rumours/Proposals [MOD - Stay on Topic]

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaveMatthew

Bring in Peter
Apr 13, 2005
Ott
The sens have their top 4. Chabot is a staple. Your fantasy land will only come to fruition on EA sports. This team is actually building an identity and its built around Tkachuks physical play. They are a relentless team that plays heavy. If you want to screw with that go for it but there is no way thats happening now. Thats how teams win in this league. The roster construction and identity is more of a winning formula than any of the teams Karlsson was on.

It's a shame that Chabot doesn't play that way at all, then.

You can have a different mix of players. Obviously Karlsson is not an option now that we have Chychrun, but Dorion was clearly interested in bringing him back before that deal happened. Bob McKenzie confirmed that today.

So your whole "he would never fit in with this core and can't play on a team with Tkachuk" is a view that the org doesn't share.

Oct 10, 2010
I think brown sucks

53% FO and throws his body around but bring zero scoring threat in the bottom six

I was hoping for more scoring punch but will give Pierre a pass after last night trade lol

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Is Karlsson? I assume you are trying to argue the sens should be screwing with the chemistry and trading the player that is 7 years younger when the rest of the core outside of giroux is 25 and under.

caymanmew

May 18, 2014
Ottawa
A little depth is not bad, especially just giving a 6th for it. Sends good messages to the team and gives us some extra depth in case of injuries.

I see no real negative.

Reactions: DrEasy

DaveMatthew

Bring in Peter
Apr 13, 2005
Ott
Is Karlsson? I assume you are trying to argue the sens should be screwing with the chemistry and trading the player that is 7 years younger when the rest of the core outside of giroux is 25 and under.

No, he doesn't.

And I agree, now that we have Chychrun he's no longer an option.

But McKenzie confirmed that Dorion discussed acquiring him with San Jose in the last several weeks.

So he clearly doesn't share your opinion that Karlsson couldn't and wouldn't fit into this team, culture or timeline. He was open to it.

Reactions: OttawaSenators11

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
I remember him from Vegas playoffs a couple years ago.

He is a very rugged tough guy. Can skate, throw em down and provides good energy.

A 4th liner, though. Reminds me of Kaestlic.

Good depth. We needed a 3rd line C, though, in ADDITION to him.

Reactions: NB613

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
What on earth is this crap?

It's a legitimate possibility and would improve our roster and has nothing to do with being a fanboy of Karlsson.
We got out top 4 d. Karlsson ain’t coming here any time soon. If he is. It’s gonna be at the end or in the last year of his deal at the tdl

Reactions: bert

BankStreetParade

Jan 22, 2013
Ottawa
A little depth is not bad, especially just giving a 6th for it. Sends good messages to the team and gives us some extra depth in case of injuries.

I see no real negative.
The schedule is pretty condensed too with multiple b2b sets coming up too. Always great to have extra options for guys to come in and out of the lineup. And as long as I don't have to see Parker Kelly in the lineup anymore, I'm good with this.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Eh... I'd have passed on Brown, but gotta collect em all I guess, is there a brown left in the league that hasn't played for us?

• Haha
Reactions: bicboi64

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
Might be one guy on that list that is comparable to Chabot and its OEL. None of those other players are number 1 d men. All of them didnt start declining until the end of their 20's and none of them are as good of skaters as Chabot except Fowler who isnt on a decline. You are reaching with a bunch of those players.

Do you think he is still looking at Karlsson after trading for Chychurn?!

The sens have their top 4. Chabot is a staple. Your fantasy land will only come to fruition on EA sports. This team is actually building an identity and its built around Tkachuks physical play. They are a relentless team that plays heavy. If you want to screw with that go for it but there is no way thats happening now. Thats how teams win in this league. The roster construction and identity is more of a winning formula than any of the teams Karlsson was on.

Chabot is 26. He late 20s are coming up rather quickly. He also hasn't been a #1 quality D for years.

I think adding Chychrun makes an EK/Chabot trade more likely if anything. Now have one too many top 4 LD and swapping a LD for a RD makes sense if possible.

As for your silly argument about Karlsson not fitting into the team's identity built around physical play, do you think Chabot does? Both guys are soft offensive defensemen that struggle defensively. Neither "fit" if that's the style of play you think they need to play on a team with Tkachuk.

Difference is that one is leading the league in points playing with little talent while the other has less than half as many points playing with more talent.

Reactions: NB613

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Chabot is 26. He late 20s are coming up rather quickly. He also hasn't been a #1 quality D for years.

I think adding Chychrun makes an EK/Chabot trade more likely if anything. Now have one too many top 4 LD and swapping a LD for a RD makes sense if possible.

As for your silly argument about Karlsson not fitting into the team's identity built around physical play, do you think Chabot does? Both guys are soft offensive defensemen that struggle defensively.

Difference is that one is leading the league in points playing with little talent while the other has less than half as many points playing with more talent.
Woosh. Right over your head. Bradys team, his style the team takes on the identity of its captain. Difference is Chabot is a staple in this leadership group. Karlssons time has passed here. He just mailed it in for 3 straight years. Give it up he isnt coming. Embrace the group they have.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013

You can have a different mix of players. Obviously Karlsson is not an option now that we have Chychrun, but Dorion was clearly interested in bringing him back before that deal happened. Bob McKenzie confirmed that today.

So your whole "he would never fit in with this core and can't play on a team with Tkachuk" is a view that the org doesn't share.
I disagree that he can’t play with this core.

But. Boys you think we’re gonna roll with a some sort of top 5 all on big deals? It ain’t happening.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
The one thing I'm curious about is will we get some prospects games with so much on the line?

Greig
JBD
Kleven (needs a contract)
Thomson
Sokolov
Crookshank

All guys I was expecting to get games to close out the year, now I'm not so sure we'll see any of them aside from maybe Greig again.

Reactions: DrEasy and NB613

Gil Gunderson

May 2, 2007
Ottawa, ON
The one thing I'm curious about is will we get some prospects games with so much on the line?

Greig
JBD
Kleven (needs a contract)
Thomson
Sokolov
Crookshank

All guys I was expecting to get games to close out the year, now I'm not so sure we'll see any of them aside from maybe Greig again.
A third pairing of Chychrun-JBD could be nice, but Holden is eternal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad