Proposal: Trade Rumours/Proposals [MOD - Stay on Topic]

Status
Not open for further replies.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Why did Dorion discuss acquiring him with San Jose?

He's not a fit at this point because Chabot is signed, we just acquired Chychrun, and San Jose won't (right now) retain more than 18%. It has nothing to do with culture, identity or Brady's leadership style.
Again proving you dont understand the dynamics of a locker room, if you think this doesnt matter then you are misinformed. It would be irresponsible to not inquire if you are a GM as the sens had a big hole there, that doesnt mean you are pulling the trigger.

I am not sure why you guys are so dead set on this when the team is playing this well and all the players are the same core age. I guess there is alot of romance when it comes to Karlsson for some posters but he isnt coming here. Time to embrace what they have.

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
I think so too

And this is where Chabot becomes a problem because Chychrun and Sanderson are better defensively

We'll see how it plays out.

Personally I think he's moved at the draft and this board will blow up not liking the return
You think Chabot is moved this summer!?!?!

That would be a pretty crazy turn of events for this team to go down that road already. I'd hope it would be with an eye on a replacement because it would be a real shame to go backwards after finally solidifying our best top 4 group in 15+ years.

DueDiligence

Nov 16, 2013
I think so too

And this is where Chabot becomes a problem because Chychrun and Sanderson are better defensively

Personally I think he's moved at the draft and this board will blow up not liking the return
I agree. He's the guy I see getting traded as he is a lower tier "#1" Dman but worth more like $5-6 million than $8. As Sandy develops he gets Chabot's money and the Sens find another Zub for $4-5 million

Reactions: JD1

DueDiligence

Nov 16, 2013
You are all gonna cry when chabot puts up 60pts next season, and play exceptional defence.
He's never played even really good defense so what's going to change?
And just for the record I don't want to get rid of him but some tough choices are going to have to be made. And if he is the Sens 3rd best Dman how can you justify paying him $8 million per?

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
I think so too

Or this is where it actually gets better for chabot

Reactions: bert and Relapsing

Relapsing

Jul 3, 2018
Just when we finally get rid of one whipping boy, these guys can't take a f***ing breather before they start hammering on the next guy. Are some of you guys sure you're fans of this team?
Preach. Best team make up in years. I just want to watch these guys play and gel down the stretch. See what Chabot turns into when he's not logging the lions share of minutes.

One of the most exciting times to be a Sens fan, and some people are already in a grass is greener mentality. Sheesh.

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
He's never played even really good defense so what's going to change?
And just for the record I don't want to get rid of him but some tough choices are going to have to be made. And if he is the Sens 3rd best Dman how can you justify paying him $8 million per?
We have some runway at least and you help balance that out by paying Chychrun below market value these next two years and Sanderson not off his ELC yet. I think moving him this summer is unlikely, but it may come to pass eventually.

Reactions: DrEasy

DueDiligence

Nov 16, 2013
Just when we finally get rid of one whipping boy, these guys can't take a f***ing breather before they start hammering on the next guy. Are some of you guys sure you're fans of this team?
People have speculated on what the Sens will do if Sanderson keeps developing and surpasses Chabot for the past 6 months. Now with Chychrun here that talk will intensify as there's only so much money to go around. If Chabot was making $5 million per year or playing like a true number #1 people wouldn't discuss moving him.

Reactions: DrEasy and JD1

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
For me with Chabot, I thought it might happen prior to the Chychrun acquisition. But now that we have Chychrun

A big part of the problem is Chabot's contract. He has a modified NTC that kicks in July 1, 2024 and a back loaded contract.

If he's our 3rd best LD a year from now, does keeping 8 AAV and 10M salary make sense?

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
I think Chabot can play better defense, but it's not his bread and butter, not sure I'd trade him just yet, I'd like to see him when he has some support from the other pairings,
Screenshot-2023-02-27-at-10.45.49-AM.png

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
For me with Chabot, I thought it might happen prior to the Chychrun acquisition. But now that we have Chychrun

A big part of the problem is Chabot's contract. He has a modified NTC that kicks in July 1, 2024 and a back loaded contract.

If he's our 3rd best LD a year from now, does keeping 8 AAV and 10M salary make sense?
While Chychrun and Sanderson are paid as low as they are, it makes sense. As they need to get paid, that could change.

The NTC complicates it, but its just too soon to make that change as the team is still trying to find its identity. Let the problem manifest itself first and then deal with it. These guys are all young enough that you won't be faced with taking major lumps like trying to move mid 30's player on an albatross.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Preach. Best team make up in years. I just want to watch these guys play and gel down the stretch. See what Chabot turns into when he's not logging the lions share of minutes.

One of the most exciting times to be a Sens fan, and some people are already in a grass is greener mentality. Sheesh.
They arent human beings its a simulation. Just a video game. Cant ya tell.

Reactions: Relapsing

PoutineSp00nZ

Electricity is really just organized lightning.
Jul 21, 2009
Ottawa
The best player to play for the franchise is on track to win the norris and is available. It will probably continue to be a discussion point until he's moved to another team, especially in the trade rumors, etc thread.

Imagine if we rewinded and Alfie were on another team and available? It would probably consume half of this board.

The debates probably die out quicker if you don't have people talking hyperbole on the other end of the spectrum as if its the stupidest idea ever because of boogieman type arguments.
Karlsson also makes a shitload of money. Despite looking great now, he still has a significant history of injuries and is on the wrong side of 30. He's not likely to repeat this season, and even if he does chances are his play will start to decline before this contract is out.

Then think about how much it would cost to get him, with enough retention to make if feasible. At what price point can the Senators fit Karlsson in without having to lose significant depth? 7 million? 8? Say good bye to Sanderson, Batherson or Debrincat. How much on top of a significant price would it take to add 3 or 4 million dollars over several seasons of retention? it would be a massive haul. More than the Sens got trading him in the first place.

It's not a good fit anymore. Karlsson was amazing when he was here, but its time to let it go. There is a new crop, and arguably the best defense this team has had since Redden-Meszaros, Phillips-Chara and a bottom pair with Volenchenkov.

Time to let it go.

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
Fans of venting life’s frustrations on they’re cities hockey team.

Its pretty clear where the priorities lay.

Oh, and Chabby isn’t getting traded, and thankfully EK isn‘t coming back here with that boat anchor deal.

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
People have speculated on what the Sens will do if Sanderson keeps developing and surpasses Chabot for the past 6 months. Now with Chychrun here that talk will intensify as there's only so much money to go around. If Chabot was making $5 million per year or playing like a true number #1 people wouldn't discuss moving him.
The cap is going to continue to go up and chabby’s 8 mill is going to be fine for the offensive D man he is.

We aren’t in any cap crunch situation going forward where he needs to be dealt, and we have all major spots on the team filled.

Having three top end D men in the top 4, and then an excellent defender in Zub is exactly what we need.

Cant believe people want to make holes right after we filled the most important one.

Chabby isn’t getting traded, he’s a co captain of this team and is fine for his contract.

DueDiligence

Nov 16, 2013
The cap is going to continue to go up and chabby’s 8 mill is going to be fine for the offensive D man he is.

We aren’t in any cap crunch situation going forward where he needs to be dealt, and we have all major spots on the team filled.

Having three top end D men in the top 4, and then an excellent defender in Zub is exactly what we need.

Cant believe people want to make holes right after we filled the most important one.

Chabby isn’t getting traded, he’s a co captain of this team and is fine for his contract.
I usually agree with most of your thoughts but not on Chabot. If Chabot becomes the 3rd best Dman then the cap will not rise enough in 2 years to justify paying him $8 million per. That's the point.

Reactions: NB613 and Ice-Tray

Viletho

Jan 20, 2015

Unless Chychrun asked for the moon or simply don't want to sign here, they will give him the 8 something he probably will asked. Giroux's contract will be done, Zub is tradeable. Giroux at that point will maybe retired or asked for not that much

The 3 main pieces on D are Chabot, Chychrun and Sanderson. You move any other spared piece to keep them. I believe it will be fine.

If Debrincat doesn't sign, it make everything easier. But i hope he will be kept.

Reactions: NB613 and Ice-Tray
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad