Proposal: Trade Rumours/Proposals [MOD - Stay on Topic]

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaveMatthew

Bring in Peter
Apr 13, 2005
Ott
Chabot is 26. He late 20s are coming up rather quickly. He also hasn't been a #1 quality D for years.

I think adding Chychrun makes an EK/Chabot trade more likely if anything. Now have one too many top 4 LD and swapping a LD for a RD makes sense if possible.

As for your silly argument about Karlsson not fitting into the team's identity built around physical play, do you think Chabot does? Both guys are soft offensive defensemen that struggle defensively. Neither "fit" if that's the style of play you think they need to play on a team with Tkachuk.

Difference is that one is leading the league in points playing with little talent while the other has less than half as many points playing with more talent.

There are some fans who have a personal problem with Karlsson. "He doesn't even like talking about hockey to random people in public so he must not care!"

Reactions: Hale The Villain

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
We got out top 4 d. Karlsson ain’t coming here any time soon. If he is. It’s gonna be at the end or in the last year of his deal at the tdl

I'm well aware that we traded for Chychrun. I'm not suggesting we add Karlsson to our current defense.

My suggestion is that we could look at improving on Chabot as our top offensive defenseman by swapping the two defensemen, should the Sharks prefer to get younger (and worse) considering they are looking to rebuild, and we get older (and better) since we are now trying to contend.

Karlsson would need some retention but if the Sharks took on Joseph on top of Chabot it's certainly do-able.

DaveMatthew

Bring in Peter
Apr 13, 2005
Ott
Woosh. Right over your head. Bradys team, his style the team takes on the identity of its captain. Difference is Chabot is a staple in this leadership group. Karlssons time has passed here. He just mailed it in for 3 straight years. Give it up he isnt coming. Embrace the group they have.

Why did Dorion discuss acquiring him with San Jose?

He's not a fit at this point because Chabot is signed, we just acquired Chychrun, and San Jose won't (right now) retain more than 18%. It has nothing to do with culture, identity or Brady's leadership style.

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
There are some fans who have a personal problem with Karlsson. "He doesn't even like talking about hockey to random people in public so he must not care!"

Feels like he may have skipped out on an autograph for a few of the fans on this board.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
I'm well aware that we traded for Chychrun. I'm not suggesting we add Karlsson to our current defense.

My suggestion is that we could look at improving on Chabot as our top offensive defenseman by swapping the two defensemen, should the Sharks prefer to get younger (and worse) considering they are looking to rebuild, and we get older (and better) since we are now trying to contend.

Karlsson would need some retention but if the Sharks took on Joseph on top of Chabot it's certainly do-able.
Eh. Karlsson is putting up great points on an ass team where accountability is low. Do we have a squad capable of covering for a guy like karlsson while he goes full rover?

Reactions: Laphroaig

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008

He's not a fit at this point because Chabot is signed and we just acquired Chychrun. It has nothing to do with your culture or Brady's leadership style.

My idea would be to potentially swap Chabot + Joseph for Karlsson (with some retention), not add Karlsson to our current defense.

Sharks get younger but a lot worse since they are rebuilding while we get a lot better but older since we are trying to contend.

Sanderson - EK
Chychrun - Zub
Brannstrom - JBD

That looks pretty damn good to me.

DaveMatthew

Bring in Peter
Apr 13, 2005
Ott
My idea would be to potentially swap Chabot + Joseph for Karlsson (with some retention), not add Karlsson to our current defense.

Sharks get younger but a lot worse since they are rebuilding while we get a lot better but older since we are trying to contend.

Sanderson - EK
Chychrun - Zub
Brannstrom - JBD

I don't think San Jose would have interest in bringing Chabot in. He's owed as much real money as Karlsson, so they'd have to pay that + retain on Karlsson, and they're not going to be good for 3-4 years.

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon

He's not a fit at this point because Chabot is signed, we just acquired Chychrun, and San Jose won't (right now) retain more than 18%. It has nothing to do with culture, identity or Brady's leadership style.
Impossible arguments to qualify. Might as well claim he's the boogieman.

I don't think San Jose would have interest in bringing Chabot in. He's owed as much real money as Karlsson, so they'd have to pay that + retain on Karlsson, and they're not going to be good for 3-4 years.
I think Chabot's owed more iirc, granted with an extra year.

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
Eh. Karlsson is putting up great points on an ass team where accountability is low. Do we have a squad capable of covering for a guy like karlsson while he goes full rover?

Let's not pretend Chabot is good defensively. He needs a defensive D paired with him to make up for his mistakes as well.

I think they would have an interest in getting the significantly younger D who is signed long-term, but we could always deal Chabot to a different team for futures and give those to SJ if that's an issue.

Neil Patrick Harris

Now sponsored by Zoom™
Aug 23, 2008
Ottawa
Woosh. Right over your head. Bradys team, his style the team takes on the identity of its captain. Difference is Chabot is a staple in this leadership group. Karlssons time has passed here. He just mailed it in for 3 straight years. Give it up he isnt coming. Embrace the group they have.
Karlsson played a critical role in this team getting closer to the finals than they have at any point in the past fifteen years and was this team's top producer nearly every year he held the C. "Mailed it in" my ass.

Relapsing

Jul 3, 2018

Sanderson - EK
Chychrun - Zub
Brannstrom - JBD

Ya we get that's your idea.

You've posted about it like, 159 times this week alone.

WORLDSTARHIPHOP

Sens <<<<<<<<<< NHL
May 31, 2008

Sanderson - EK
Chychrun - Zub
Brannstrom - JBD

1677875736142.png

Relapsing

Jul 3, 2018
A handful of times maybe, but facts are not your strong suit.
How big is your hand dude?

A handful of times, LOL. Try multiple times in each page of this thread.

We get it. You want Karlsson. And you won't agree with anyone who thinks otherwise. And you'll keep telling all of us how much we should go after Karlsson. Oh and don't forget your opinion of Chabot. Idk if we've heard about that enough.... You should post about it 200 more times to reaaally make your point.

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008

We get it. You want Karlsson. And you won't agree with anyone who thinks otherwise. And you'll keep telling all of us how much we should go after Karlsson. Oh and don't forget your opinion of Chabot. Idk if we've heard about that enough.... You should post about it 200 more times to reaaally make your point.

Thank you for your dedicated work policing the trade rumours/proposals thread.

I don't know what I was thinking posting about that in here of all places.

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon

The best player to play for the franchise is on track to win the norris and is available. It will probably continue to be a discussion point until he's moved to another team, especially in the trade rumors, etc thread.

Imagine if we rewinded and Alfie were on another team and available? It would probably consume half of this board.

The debates probably die out quicker if you don't have people talking hyperbole on the other end of the spectrum as if its the stupidest idea ever because of boogieman type arguments.

Reactions: DrEasy

Relapsing

Jul 3, 2018
Thank you for your dedicated work policing the trade rumours/proposals thread.

I don't know what I was thinking posting about that in here of all places.
Oh come on dude. All you're doing here is repeating the same one note idea and refusing to see anyone else's point of view.

You made your point, a hundred times over. We didn't trade for EK. We probably won't next year either. Or the year after for that matter. How long you going to keep floating the same idea?

We have one of the best teams we've had in quite a while, and you're adamant that making a fundamental change is what we need while trying to chase a playoff spot.

I've seen this team when everything runs through EK. I'm good. Theres a lot of people around these parts that want to see the team play with a different modality - the one we have now.

Reactions: Ice-Tray

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
TSN needs to just not do their big show at the deadline because honestly, it's just embarrassing for everyone. GMs have stopped waiting until the last minute to make moves and this trend is likely to continue, seeing as how much more effective it is to be more proactive.

DueDiligence

Nov 16, 2013

I think you are going to find that Chychrun will replace Chabot as the Sens top offensive D man.

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
I think you are going to find that Chychrun will replace Chabot as the Sens top offensive D man.
I think so too

And this is where Chabot becomes a problem because Chychrun and Sanderson are better defensively

We'll see how it plays out.

Personally I think he's moved at the draft and this board will blow up not liking the return

Reactions: Loach and bicboi64

Wallet Inspector

Jan 19, 2013
I don't think San Jose would even be interested in Chabot, they're rebuilding and traded away Meier who is the same age.

Granted, a three way trade could be done.

DaveMatthew

Bring in Peter
Apr 13, 2005
Ott
TSN needs to just not do their big show at the deadline because honestly, it's just embarrassing for everyone. GMs have stopped waiting until the last minute to make moves and this trend is likely to continue, seeing as how much more effective it is to be more proactive.

ESPN does a 2-hour wrap show on the NBA deadline day. 1-3pm. That's the way to go.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad