Proposal: Trade Rumours/Proposals [MOD - Stay on Topic]

Status
Not open for further replies.

BankStreetParade

Jan 22, 2013
Ottawa
Yzerplan plan my ass, dude got gifted star players in Tampa and the best amateur scouting staff with Al Murray leading. He didn’t need to do much to get that team to a cup.

This Detroit team looks so lost. Has no star players or prospects with that type of upside. Soft as hell, no leadership. They trade their best winger and acquire a UFA 30 something winger.
Fun fact: Yzerman never got them to a cup.

DaveMatthew

Bring in Peter
Apr 13, 2005
Ott
Development isn't linear. Plenty of players peak in their early 20s and get worse in their late 20s

Chabot seems to me like a player who could use a change of scenery. He's struggled defensively this year, hasn't generated much offense at even strength and we all know he's not an ideal PP QB given his muffin of a shot. Frankly he's been very disappointing.

Whether you like it or not Karlsson has been leagues better than Chabot this year. If we want to contend, which I'd assume we do after trading multiple 1sts for immediate help, swapping the two out would help tremendously.

I'd wait and see how Chabot adapts with less ice-time.

With that said, there's a realistic possibility that Chabot is soon our 3rd best defenseman. And having your 3rd best defenseman make $8M/season may not be ideal.

I could certainly see a scenario where he's on a different team in the next 2-3 years.

WORLDSTARHIPHOP

Sens <<<<<<<<<< NHL
May 31, 2008
Chabot played for years being the only NHL defenseman on this roster at times and playing some hefty minutes (probably the most in the NHL at that span on one of the worst teams).

Like Method said, this can affect your development as a defenseman because the amount of minutes forced him to play at one intensity the majority of the game, for years. I'd give him some time to learn to play at a different intensity level one Chych settles in and Sanderson steps up even more once his minutes go down.

Next year might be the first year he actually plays with two other top 4 defensemen in the top 4 (as an established player).

Last edited:
Jan 19, 2006
Calgary
Yzerplan plan my ass, dude got gifted star players in Tampa and the best amateur scouting staff with Al Murray leading. He didn’t need to do much to get that team to a cup.

This Detroit team looks so lost. Has no star players or prospects with that type of upside. Soft as hell, no leadership. They trade their best winger and acquire a UFA 30 something winger.
You need a bit of draft lottery luck for rebuilds.

Our team looks a lot more garbage if LA took Stützle and we got left with Byfield.

DaveMatthew

Bring in Peter
Apr 13, 2005
Ott
Give me 5 examples of D men getting worse in their 20's.

Karlsson is better now but was worse the last 3 years one player is 33 one is 26. Stutzle is 21 Sanderson is 20, Pinto is 21, Grieg is 20, Batherson is 24, Debrincat is 25, Norris is 23, Tkachuk is 23. You're playing a video game this is the real world.

Oliver Ekman-Larsson
John Klingberg
Tyson Barrie
Kevin Shattenkirk
Nick Leddy

All peaked at 24-26 and it's been downhill since.

Reactions: DueDiligence

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
Give me 5 examples of D men getting worse in their 20's.

Karlsson is better now but was worse the last 3 years one player is 33 one is 26. Stutzle is 21 Sanderson is 20, Pinto is 21, Grieg is 20, Batherson is 24, Debrincat is 25, Norris is 23, Tkachuk is 23. You're playing a video game this is the real world.

Matt Dumba
Colton Parayko
Oliver Ekman Larsson
John Klingberg
Cam Fowler
Tyler Myers
Rasmus Ristolainen
Ivan Provorov
Shayne Gostisbehere
Nikita Zaitsev'
Travis Hamonic

I could keep going. There's a ton of examples of defensemen who peaked in their early 20s and declined in their late 20s. It happens a lot.

Dorion apparently is looking at Karlsson. Is he playing a video game?

The Devilish Buffoon

Dec 24, 2018
I'd wait and see how Chabot adapts with less ice-time.

With that said, there's a realistic possibility that Chabot is soon our 3rd best defenseman. And having your 3rd best defenseman make $8M/season may not be ideal.

I could certainly see a scenario where he's on a different team in the next 2-3 years.
That’s a bridge to cross when Sanderson and Chychrun are extended/on the verge

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
Brown is basically Gambrell level

Should have just traded a 4th for Sundqvist if we had to trade a pick for a player (would have preferred just calling Greig up).

WORLDSTARHIPHOP

Sens <<<<<<<<<< NHL
May 31, 2008
1677873801688.png

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Matt Dumba
Colton Parayko
Oliver Ekman Larsson
John Klingberg
Cam Fowler
Tyler Myers
Rasmus Ristolainen
Ivan Provorov
Shayne Gostisbehere
Nikita Zaitsev'
Travis Hamonic

I could keep going. There's a ton of examples of defensemen who peaked in their early 20s and declined in their late 20s. It happens a lot.

Dorion apparently is looking at Karlsson. Is he playing a video game?
Might be one guy on that list that is comparable to Chabot and its OEL. None of those other players are number 1 d men. All of them didnt start declining until the end of their 20's and none of them are as good of skaters as Chabot except Fowler who isnt on a decline. You are reaching with a bunch of those players.

Do you think he is still looking at Karlsson after trading for Chychurn?!

The sens have their top 4. Chabot is a staple. Your fantasy land will only come to fruition on EA sports. This team is actually building an identity and its built around Tkachuks physical play. They are a relentless team that plays heavy. If you want to screw with that go for it but there is no way thats happening now. Thats how teams win in this league. The roster construction and identity is more of a winning formula than any of the teams Karlsson was on.

GermanSpitfire

EU Video Scout for McKeen’s | Rest Easy #13
Jul 20, 2020
www.mckeenshockey.com
I didn’t know who Brown was after seeing him on the trade bait board, and thought to myself - yup, he’ll be an Ottawa Senator.

Hopefully my ignorance is a good thing.

Reactions: DrEasy
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad