Proposal: Trade Rumours/Proposals [MOD - Stay on Topic]

Status
Not open for further replies.

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
I think the Yotes know the most interested team to date has been the Blue Jackets, and I don't see that changing after they trade Gavrikov.

But Chychrun to Columbus may make more sense in the summer versus now. Last thing the Blue Jackets want to do is improve their team now when they are trying to tank and lose out on Bedard or one of the other top centers this year.

Chychrun obviously wouldn't be happy but he doesn't have a NTC and can pound sand.
Chychrun will have a 10 team NTC starting July 1st.

Reactions: JD1

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
If I’m Dorion I circle back to Arizona and make a final offer

To Ottawa

Chychrun
Vejmelka

To Arizona

2024 1st
2024 2nd
Merilainen
JBD/Thomson
Sokolov
Greig is likely involved...With Pinto and Kasty as the bottom 6 centers we can move him for a top flight defenseman...Along with an unprotected 1st this year we are likely still in the conversation ,,Just think the ARZ gm is holding out for two reasons ,to try and get more and to try and put as much rust on Cychurn to help try and make his impact on us as low as possible

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Gavrikov went for a cap dump and a first.

Man imagine what we could get for Holden. The market is primed

To Ottawa

Chychrun
Vejmelka

To Arizona

2024 1st
2024 2nd
Merilainen
JBD/Thomson
Sokolov
My final offer is this…nothing.

Ostapchuk merilainen one of jbd/thomson 24 first 25 first sokolov these are on the table but they can’t get everything.

Kleven and Boucher for me are off limits unless the deal gets significantly smaller

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
Greig is likely involved...With Pinto and Kasty as the bottom 6 centers we can move him for a top flight defenseman...Along with an unprotected 1st this year we are likely still in the conversation ,,Just think the ARZ gm is holding out for two reasons ,to try and get more and to try and put as much rust on Cychurn to help try and make his impact on us as low as possible
I’m not moving Greig, Pinto or Sogaard. If Armstrong says no I pass.

Karl Eriksson

Boring!
Apr 12, 2007
Ottawa
I’m fine doing nothing at this point. Not moving Watson and Talbot is addition by not subtracting for a team with a faint chance of making it. I like the addition of Gauthier. Chychrun is probably a pipe dream, so unless it’s a real hockey deal that could also happen at the draft, I’m good standing pat.

Also this mini run of “meaningful games” is hugely developmental for players who have never ever played hockey at this pace. Giving guys we want here long term more minutes in these games should be the focus.

OgieO

May 17, 2006
Halifax
Time for page 1 of the PD trade playbook: Elite players will cost too much and PD won't part with pieces he thinks are part of the squad long term (fine). So he will dramatically overpay for bad players not actually making us better and parting with decent assets to do so (not fine). The players added likely had a window of being good players a few years ago but are now declining and on a bad contract.

Reactions: Senator Stanley

Sens Vader

Jan 23, 2016
Okay this actually sounds like Chychrun is leading to us.

Nick Bjugstad scratched as well and Dorion wants a Center

Trying not to get everyone’s hopes up though

SensFan1010

Dec 18, 2019
I’d be ok trading Grieg for Chychrun, it’ll hurt but it addresses a more important gap.

Hoping we can try an avoid it but if it happens I’ll convince myself you gotta give to get

I dont think I would be. Guys been a bandaid his whole career its a risk no other GM is willing to take why are we going to be the one to up our price

Reactions: OttawaSenators11

Big Muddy

Dec 15, 2019
Whats everyones “limit” to Chychrun?

Thinking mine has lessened to:
1x 1st

2x 2nds
Sokolov/Jarventie
Thomson/Klevin
I would guess that besides the 1st, there would have to be another piece of substance like Grieg. Then, add one of the other pieces listed in the 2nd box above. Hope I'm wrong!

Last edited:

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
The third does nothing for me
Idk, Jets got Demelo from us for a third, people around here hate on him but Hamonic cost us a third and imo has been a useful stopgap.

Its not nothing...

Looking at our cap situation for next year, the way I see it we have about 5 mil in capspace, set aside 2 for injuries and such and that doesn't leave much room to add a Dman

Assumptions:
Run with Sogaard and Forsberg in net
Sign DeBrincat to the same deal as Norris
Bridge Pinto at 1.75
Sign Brannstrom at 1.5
Sign Gauthier at 1

Gives us the following base roster:

Tkachuk(8.2)-Norris(7.95)-Batherson(4.975)
DeBrincat (7.95)-Stützle(8.35)-Giroux(6.5)
Greig(.863)-Pinto(1.75)-Joseph(2.95)
Kelly(.7625)-Kastelic(.835)-Gauthier(1)
Extra: Crookshank(.838

Chabot(8)-Zub(4.6)
Sanderson (.925)-???(???)
Brannstrom (1.5)-Thomson/JBD(.863)
Extra: Larson type (.750)

Forserg(2.75)
Sogaard(.925)

We can make room by doing the following:
~2 mil: Trade Joseph and play an ELC in his place
~7 mil: Trade DeBrincat and play an ELC
~4 mil: Trade Batherson and play an ELC

So, that pretty much rules out a Parayko or Weegar acquisition unless we are moving out a top 6 forward in Bath or DeBrincat. I guess we could pay for retention but seems unlikely. We could also move out Joseph for an ELC or equivalent but we'd have less than 1 mil in capspace to deal with callups for injuries.

I don't think Parayko or Weegar are worth moving on from Bath or DeBrincat.

Targets that might fit the budget:
Chychrun @ 4.6
Tanev @ 4.5
Murphy @ 4.4
Pesce @ 4.025
Roy @ 3.15
DeAngelo @ 5
Barrie @ 4.5

UFA
Severson
Klingberg
Dumba

Last edited:

Bileur

Jun 15, 2004
Ottawa

To Ottawa

Chychrun
Vejmelka

To Arizona

2024 1st
2024 2nd
Merilainen
JBD/Thomson
Sokolov

I’d be ok with adding Ostapchuk and would prefer to switch the 2nd to 2025

BankStreetParade

Jan 22, 2013
Ottawa

I feel like Arizona has way overplayed their hand. There was a time when Chychrun was the only high-end defenseman on the market and teams were still flush with trade capital. They're watching a dwindling bidding war while the player sits on the sidelines. It's honestly embarrassing for the league to allow this to happen. People pay money to go watch guys like Chychrun play, they're sure as f*** not there to watch Patrik Nemeth.

Tragedy

Jan 10, 2013
Regina, SK
Whats everyones “limit” to Chychrun?

Thinking mine has lessened to:
1x 1st
2x 2nds
Sokolov/Jarventie
Thomson/Klevin
Oh boy, I bet Arizona is salivating at the prospect of 2 career AHLers. How haven't they pulled the trigger I'll never know :sarcasm:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad